Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-22-2007, 02:36 AM   #1  
Losing it and loving it!!

S/C/G: 181/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Default To put it simply....... WOW!!!!

Well for a while now I have kinda been having this inner debate with myself about my goal making running my 'exercise of choice'
I had posted a while back and quite a few of you suggested the Couch to 5k program... I was excited and started right away... Sadly I gave up much to quickly but I was never quite sure why?? I realized my attitude was what was holding me back rather than my fitness abilities considering tonight I ran for 40 minutes straight.............. and I enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!!
Here's some inspiration for all you runners and wannabe runners.... never let your attitude hold you back.... never say I can't because you can anything you put your mind to you can achieve with a little hard work and positivity!

Needless to say I am finally inspired knowing now I truly am able to do it.... and I hope this is only the beginning of my passion for running

Oh... and a quick question... I was doing a brisk jogging/running pace the entire 40 minutes... does anyone know how to estimate my distance travelled.. I wanna know just for kicks Teehee I am so proud!

Last edited by bee optimistic; 08-22-2007 at 02:48 AM.
bee optimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Congrats! That's great!

Did you run outside? If so, you can go to a site like mapmyrun.com and draw your route on their maps. Then you can find out the distance, your average speed and stuff like that. It's a fun site to play with.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:49 AM   #3  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Wow, 40 min is great! I've been running since last fall and am only now getting up to 40 - 45 min runs. I second mapmyrun.com, I use it to plan out all my routes.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:12 AM   #4  

Congrats!! This is the one post I was looking for.

I am 247 and 41 yrs old. I have been sedentary and lazy ever since just before I entered high school in 1980. I am tired of looking and feeling like I do. I took the plunge and signed up for Weight Watchers, a membership at the YMCA and hired a trainer.

I have been on WW for 2 weeks, and of course, I have not lost any weight... I need to add that excercise. My first meeting with my trainer is tomorrow morning at 9:30am. I have seen the show "The Biggest Loser" .. I am scared and anxious at the same time! LOL

My husband told me that I will get hooked to excercising... Could I??
diannawv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #5  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannawv View Post

My husband told me that I will get hooked to excercising... Could I??

Yes. Well, at least I did. I don't feel 100% if I haven't gotten some exercise in the morning.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Being a "late onset" runner myself, I am always so thrilled to hear when people start running and really enjoy it. Congrats, and keep up the good work!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:59 PM   #7  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Delete Duplicate Post
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:00 PM   #8  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

diannawv - If you're specifically thinking of running... then look at the thread I started last week called "Very Overweight Beginner Runner Looks for Tips" People gave me A LOT of great tips because I want to start running too.

Can you get hooked on exercising? Well, I would say so just take it slow and try different things and you'll figure out which exercise you don't mind as much. You might even learn to enjoy some!

-muse
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:39 PM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Hooked on exercising?? Absolutely, positively YES ... A day without exercise for me is like a day without sunshine...

for starting to exercise and for positive attitude... Exercise is all about attitude, it's easy because it's all in our heads ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote