Old 08-20-2007, 08:49 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Week of 8/20

Hey ladies! How were your weekends?

rebelridergirl - I was actually the one away all weekend. Well, I just worked both days.

Today is my 9th day in a row of working. 3 more days... then I'm taking Friday off and SH and I are going up to Vermont for the weekend. I can't wait! We go up once a year and I LOVE it up there. We even donate to some of the local Vermont charities, since we go to them when we are there. Like the Vermont Institute of Natural Science, where they rehabilitate raptors (owls, hawks etc).

http://www.vinsweb.org/

We visit every time we go up. We also go hiking, visit the local brewery, and stay at the same inn. The inn has an irish pub inside of it, and this weekend is the 35th anniversary of the pub, so they have a really good irish band coming in for the weekend. No worries about driving, we just walk upstairs to our room That is all Friday night, and Saturday night we are going even further north in the state to spend the night with friends at one of their cabins. Should be so much fun!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190.2/163/135

Default Bummed out

Hey everyone. Well I finally crumbled under the pressure. I was doing pretty well, and then I went to a meeting and the scale was "up". I was shattered. So, it has been 3 days (including today) that I'm off program and Cold Stone is in my path. I was just working so hard, going to the gym and battling the demons...and I tanked.

So, I'm trying to get re-motivated. Today is shot, but I have to find something to wake up to tomorrow to get it together.

Intervention anyone?!?!?
Cubalibre7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:54 PM   #3  

YOU CAN DO IT!!! You need to take control! Tell yourself you won't start tomorrow, you will start NOW. RIGHT NOW!!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 10:02 AM   #4  

Went to WI last night. Down 2.2 since my last official WW WI two weeks ago. Pretty happy with that, but it felt weird going on Monday night instead of a Saturday morning!

Can't wait for my vacation this weekend.... I need it so bad!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 06:31 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I wrote this long post yesterday and lost it! I didn't go to WI Monday we had a death in the fam and I was just not up to being "UP"
We were in Maine Over the weekend it was fantastic Stunning scenery great food *cough* I actually walked 3/4 of a mile on thursday!! not badafter 7 hours in the car.
I did a short WATP on monday and Had PT yesterday
They are suggesting I get my hip Xrayed to "see what's going on" I don't want ANYTHING ELSE to be going on!
Cuba We can do this!!!! you can do it!!!! IF I wasn't doing the quick reply I'd have a cheerleader icon here!
Lori your vacation sounds great!!! I loved the link
Gotta Run my alarm is dinging!
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:56 AM   #6  

Kier - I'm so sorry for your loss What's wrong with your hip? I'd been having problems with mine. It would feel stiff, like it was "out of place", and at times I couldn't walk more than a block. Turns out I have a cyst in my hip, but it is not in a place that makes me eligible for surgery. I also have some other weird things going on in my hip too (like not having as much cartilidge there as I should) so looks like I will just have to put up with it. Got a cortisone shot yesterday for the inflammation and I think it is helping. I also take an oral anti-inflammatory. Good luck!

Last edited by modkittn; 08-22-2007 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:00 AM   #7  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

modkittn- Your vacation sounds fabulous and much needed! 1 more day to go! Have a great time!!! Congratulations on your 2.2 down this week. I think it would be great to weigh in on Saturday mornings.

cuba- Hang in there! You can DO it!! Getting back on track now will help your weigh in next week. Stick with it! My leader said something that was really helpful. It went something like this: No one ever slips over the mountain, but instead we stumble over the pebbles on our way to the mountain. The little day-to-day temptations (etc) are the pebbles. Don't let them trip you up on your way to your mountain (goal).

KO-
I am so sorry for your loss. I would love to see Maine someday. Sounds like a really beautiful place. Good for your for getting your workouts in!

I lost 2 pounds at weigh in this week! So far so good for this week. I decided to start training for a 1/2 marathon. I'll walk. I'm not sure about running for a long time. I think it will help me to exercise if I have a goal to achieve.

Have a great day everyone!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:22 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lori:
I dislocated my hip about 10 years ago and ever since it clicks sometimes and I Get bad pain. My PT was stretching me pretty aggressively and Where it was supposed to be hurting it (inner leg) it didn't it hurt in my hip socket and outer quad the other leg didn't hurt there at all. So he wants me to check for deterioration. I probably don't have any cartilege!
Rebel I love your avatar LOVE LOVE LOVE HEllo Kitty! YOu're doing great with losing!! That 10% is on the way!
Old 08-23-2007, 07:34 AM   #9  

Kier - that sounds so painful!

rebel - on your loss!

Well gals, seems like I have to get rid of all my LARGES because they don't fit anymore - too big. It actually feels kind of weird because I'm still a couple pounds shy of being at a healthy BMI (this morning was 165.4 on my scale, and highest for healthy BMI is 164). Or are most people mediums entering their healthy BMI range? Maybe this is a question for the support group or the maintainers. Either way, I'm psyched about it!!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:33 AM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lori when I first got into Mediums I was still in the over weight category
You're kicking butt just in time for vacation!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #11  

I know Kier! To top it off, I will be on a lake on Saturday/Sunday and I think I am actually going to bring a bikini
Old 08-23-2007, 10:58 AM   #12  

Just had to come in here and say, my best friend just delivered her third little boy! His name is Raiden (Rai is pronounced "Rye" like the bread), no middle name yet. I'm so excited! Its almost like gaining a nephew
Old 08-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Congrats!!! I love the name Unique!! I finally had more sleep but still just trying to plough through the day post pics when u get them!
Kier
Old 08-23-2007, 11:08 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO View Post
Congrats!!! I love the name Unique!! I finally had more sleep but still just trying to plough through the day post pics when u get them!
Kier
Her other two are named Orion and Odin. I told her she couldn't name the third Michael or John