Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 12:59 PM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Angry Calling All Earthlings: Earth Day Challenge

In honor of this lovely blue-green planet we call home, I'm being especially kind to myself for the three-week period leading from Easter to Earth Day. As a daughter of the earth, I'm planning on eating well, exercising moderately and thinking only thoughts of peace, joy and harmony. Those are my only behavioral rules, but I'm also challenging myself to lose six pounds from where I am now ... the better to fit into my Earth Day jeans! It's a lot for three weeks, but I like round numbers better than the 1.66 pounds per week that would make up a 5-pound loss. As always, I won't post my exact weight, only poundages up and down!

Any other earthlings wanting to ante? Here's a list:

Crone有ose 6, 6 to go
Old 03-31-2002, 05:27 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Default HI ALL EARTHLINGS

I'm with you on the earth day challenge, I'm gonna push it and go for 8lbs. I really need a good challenge to keep me motivated.

Crone有ose 6, 6 to go
sheila-Lose 8, 8 to go

sheila
Old 03-31-2002, 06:16 PM   #3  
Happy Member

Default Fellow Earthlings -

I'm with you on this challenge. My promise to myself, and to everyone else on this earth, is to control my portions, drink that water, keep active, and stay in a positive frame of mind. It is totally up to me!!! I can't blame anyone else if I fail to behave.

Our challenge listing to date:
Crone有ose 6, 6 to go
sheila-Lose 8, 8 to go
JoJoJo- Maintain
Old 03-31-2002, 08:45 PM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Default Earthling Update ...

Per Angel-Eyes' instructions, here's an update; I put it in alphabetical order because I'm obsessive and bored, hope no one minds:

Angel-Eyes有ose 5, 5 to go
Crone有ose 6, 6 to go
JoJoJo柚aintain
Sheila有ose 8, 8 to go

FYI: Sheila is The Earthling Exceeder of Her Easter Goal!

JoJoJo2: It's inspiring to see you maintain so consistently; it is very hard to do but it's ultimately the reason for all of this. You are right: "If it's to be, it's up to me!" I'm not sure who first coined that little rhyme, but it's one of my favorite motivators.

Peace, Earthlings!

Old 04-01-2002, 08:11 AM   #5  

Default Count Me In

Good morning girls!!!

Happy April Fool's Day!!!

No jokes for me today....just an honest pledge of 5lbs between now and the end of our earth day challenge. I managed to take off a mere 1lb for the last challenge but anything is better than nothing right....!!!

I won't be on much this week as I have to get things in order for Thursday....I have to leave for the hospital with Kail as he has his adnoids out and tubes put in his ears Friday morning....then I also just found out on Friday that Jesse's adnoids are enlarged also so he will have to go in to have them removed as well.....he snores really bad and had NUMEROUS sinus/ear infections from birth till now....plus we will be moving soon I hope....we found a house and the paperwork process has begun....but I will check in and update any info......good luck to you all......Congrats to the losers and those who either reached or came close to making their mini goal challenge....SHEILA...way to go......Crone...good for you on that 7lb loss....and Angel...I know you cant read this right now...but KUDOS to you for your loss as well!!!

Angel-Eyes?Lose 5, 5 to go
Crone?Lose 6, 6 to go
JoJoJo?Maintain
Sheila?Lose 8, 8 to go
Mom2- Lose 5, 5 to go

Take care all....LisaL
Old 04-01-2002, 11:57 AM   #6  
Empress/Queen

Default Earth from the moon ...

I'm on my to the desert to hike and then have a nice dinner somewhere. It beats working, I guess. Have a great day everyone.

Momto2: Are you going to have both boys done at the same time? Good luck with all of that. It's hard when your little ones are sick, I know.

Crone有ose 6, 6 to go
JoJoJo柚aintain
Momto2Boys有ose 5, 5 to go
Sheila有ose 8, 8 to go

Peace, everyone!

Old 04-01-2002, 12:40 PM   #7  
One day at a time

Default HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!!

Hope everyone has a good april fools day!!

I finally have a few days off work and tommorrow is my b-day so me and the little one (four year old) are off to go shopping. That's exercise, right.

momto2boys-hope everything goes well with the boys. let us know how there doing when you can.

hope everyone else has a good day.

sheila
Old 04-01-2002, 03:33 PM   #8  

Crone....how was your hike thru the desert and your dinner? Where do you live again where you can hike in the desert?....No the boys will be done at seperate dates.....I dont think I could deal with the 2 of the recouperating at the same time....ha ha

I will let you all know how things go once it is done....I still need to pack this dreaded apt up too so when we get word that we are clear to move into the house we are already and not packing right up till the last minute......talk later...LisaL
Old 04-02-2002, 07:47 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone! Thought I would post in a row again so we could get bumped up closer to the top.....hate to see us fall close to the bottom of the stockpile!!!

How did everyone do yesterday? I did OK except for the bowl of Ben&Jerrys ice cream I ate after dinner....but like we always say....clear the slate and start fresh today right!!! I hate it when TOM gets within a week of appearing because I get a major sweet tooth and last night it struck hard!!!

It looks like it might be a somewhat nice mild day here in Massachusetts so maybe I can get outside with Kail. I hate keeping him all cooped up in this place but the other problem is that there are SOO many dogs in our little development(landlord has 3, 4 neighbors have dogs) that the lawns have poo all over them and I DON'T need Kail falling in it!!! But maybe we can venture down to the walking path!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!! Take care....LisaL
Old 04-02-2002, 08:49 AM   #10  
One day at a time

Default MORNING ALL

good morning everyone

Hope everyones having a good day, I'm taking a planned day off today to go out for my birthday. Why anyone would want to celebrate being another year older is beyond me, but it means i get to spend time alone with my dh.

anyways I had a really long weight workout and rode my bike for a half hour yesterday. So, I feel pretty good about taking a cheat day after all that work. (especially the weights, WOW-that hurts when I do that).

anyways, hope everyone has a great day!!

bye

sheila
Old 04-02-2002, 12:43 PM   #11  
Empress/Queen

Good morning, Slender Earthlings! Everyone seems to be having a good day already, as am I. Finished yesterday with 1790 calories, exercise was my hike but I didn't count the time ... hours! Very nice and dinner out with a friend who likes to eat moderately so that was some grilled chicken, rice and salad. I have done 30 minutes of weights this a.m.

Happy Birthday, Sheila! Hope you enjoy your "day off" and eat a big piece of cake.

Momto2: I live in Arizona ... used to be far out on the desert but moved more in town awhile back. It's harder to find the desert nowadays but it's still out there, thank goodness! I have never been to Massachusetts, but it sounds lovely in the fall and spring, though too cold for me.. Hope you enjoy your walk.

Crone有ose 6, 6 to go
JoJoJo柚aintain
Momto2Boys有ose 5, 5 to go
Sheila有ose 8, 8 to go
Old 04-02-2002, 02:37 PM   #12  

Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you....Happy birthday dear sheila happy birthday to you!!! Hope you so enjoy your day off with your husband!!!

Crone....I have never been out west....but would love to someday when the boys are bigger and better at traveling or better at being left with grammie....ha ha....We always want to go to Vegas.....and right now its too much to travel with the 2 boys.....one who is asking..."are we there yet?" only 5 minutes into the ride.....and the other who screams the whole time in the car unless he is sleeping....which isnt that often......!!!...Glad to hear you had a wonderful hike and a nice dinner with your friend!!!

Take care all......LisaL

P.S. has anyone heard from Joanie or Morrigan lately? I am wondering how Morrigan is feeling!!!
Old 04-03-2002, 08:24 AM   #13  

Default BUMP UP!!!

Just a quick post to bump things up a bit!!!

Hope you all have a great day and I will post more later!!!

Weather actually warmed up here and I got to shut the heaters off....yahooooooo!!!

Take care....LisaL
Old 04-03-2002, 08:25 PM   #14  

Hey girls...where have you all disappeared to? Have you gone and left me all alone??? HA HA.....well I thought I would post now as I might not get to it in the morning....but tomorrow I leave for the hospital with Kail for his hearing test and then staying close by for his surgery the following morning......I am a bit scared but I am hoping it will work out for the best and reduce his ear/sinus infections etc......Just wish Jesse didnt have to go thru it as well but he will in a few weeks and I hope to see a change in him as well.

Hope you all have a great weekend and I will post tomorrow if I get a chance...if not I will post when I get home from hospital Saturday with Kail and let you all know how he is doing.....take care all....LisaL

Wonder if Angel and boys are enjoying their vacation....hope she is having a great time and feeling good !!!
Old 04-03-2002, 08:48 PM   #15  
Empress/Queen

Hello, Earthling Ladies! I am having a "day off" from calorie counting ... but not bingeing yet. Exercise was an hour of walking in desert and a 20-minute walk around neighborhood. Slept all afternoon until awakened by a small boy pounding on my door ... loud enough to shake the house! He wanted to mow my lawn ... his little brother was waiting in the driveway with a small hand mower ... since my "lawn" consists of rocks, cactus and scrubby Bermuda grass that can only be tamed with a weedeater, I declined. They're going to have a very hard time in this neighborhood, since there are only one or two "grass" lawns, but you have to admire their enterprise.

Momto2: Thanks for bumping up this thread. I'd hate to see it fade into the limbo of lost challenges! I know your little boy will sail through his operation with flying colors, though it's scary for him and you, too. Good luck.

P.S. You will love Vegas!

Maybe Joanie and/or Morrigan will do a drive-by post soon to let us know how they are!
Closed Thread