Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 06:03 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #264

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:05 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi everyone,

Mary still doesn't have any a/c, so she and the girls are here for the night. Dale is still working in MS. I'm just so glad that we have running water once again. Doesn't take much to make me happy.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:12 PM   #3  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Just a quickie here! Heading to Yorktown/Williamsburg, VA in the morning to visit my son who is stationed there. We'll do shopping in Williamsburg which will include the pottery, outlets and the peanut shop. The pottery used to be an old clay pot factory but know is huge with the best bargains on lamps, wall decor, floral arrangements and iron works. I need a few lampshades and looking for a few decorative grilles for the wall. There is also a candle factory. I'll shop till I drop. Then we will probably go out for dinner each night. I've packed fruit and lots of 100 cal snacks as well as taking tons of water, diet pepsi and diet green tea. But eating out for 3 straight days will be difficult. Coming home on Wednesday. Hope everyone had a great weekend! Oh, lost a whole .2 lbs this morning at WW. Well at least I didn't gain!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:30 PM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick good evening...I got in a 5 mile bike ride today. Also a short walk. I planned to do WATP but have a bruised heel, so will wait on that.

I looked at my riding marks on the calendar. Since July 16th- through yesterday I had ridden 160 miles. Wow!

Fixed cornbread for DH and Mom..ugh. I did eat the ham and beans however and a small helping of potatoes.

Lazy Sunday. Hope you had a nice day.

WI tomorrow....*fingers crossed*
Old 08-20-2007, 11:10 AM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Okay...I was the last one here yesterday and the first one this morning. Am I the only one without a life???
Actually, I already rode 2 miles, stripped and re-made beds, washed, dried and folded bedclothes, read the paper over coffee, un-loaded the dishwasher and fixed breakfast.
I did WI this morning and I lost 2 pounds. That is great for me...I lose so slowly. Measured and sure enough, I am down over an inch each in the three places I thought to measure before. Waist, abdomen and hips. (that is over 3 inches each so far) YAY! I wish I had measured my thighs early on because I KNOW they are smaller.
Now I have some incentive to keep plugging away at this.....

We got rain in the night and it is sooo muggy this morning. By mid-week we are expecting mid 90's again and more humidity.

Nothing planned for the rest of the day except hanging a few more pictures. I am sure I will find something to do.

Happy WI to you all.....
Old 08-20-2007, 12:28 PM   #6  
ugggg.....

Tammy--I am so jealous!! I love Williamsburg!!

Sue--YAY!!!! for the inches and the weightloss--sounds like you have loads more energy too!!

jane--running water would make me smile!!

Back to work!!
Old 08-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Monday, Ladies

SUE... WTG on the pounds and inches gone! Ham, beans and cornbread eh? That sounds sooooo good, can't remember the last time I had any of that. About the only time I fix a pot of beans is when I cook pinto beans for a pot of chili. 160 miles, wow, that is impressive, good for you! Keep on bikin' missy! I need to tally up my miles and subtract them from my walking to iraq goal. I had stopped for a while but back on the wagon again.

TAMMY...have a fun trip shopping and visiting DS! And WTG on the .2 pounds...every little bit adds up so good for you!

JANE... for having water! It's the simple things in life that make me happiest too! And it makes you realize how much we take for granted.

SASSY...hugs to you missy, you be careful. That would scare me as well.

Hi to everyone else

Nothing much going on with me today. Going to finish Josh's room for his homecoming soon. We kind of left his room for last since he wasn't home. Actually, we haven't painted much after we did the LR, DR & Kitchen but his room is first now. So...doing a porcelain, sort of blue, with black...I love the look and at one time he had wanted a black room so this is close enough. Ordered his bedding...black comforter, shams and tab top curtains, and then the blue bedskirt, throw pillow and sheet set. The room is blue...I think it will look really nice and he will like it. We'll try and get the hallway done/painted too. Anywho...going to do my 2 mile WATP and a walk on the treadmill once I get off here. Weird not getting up at 6 and walking and then going to the pool, lol.

Have a GREAT day ladies!
Old 08-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Hello Jules...you snuck in there while I was typing away, in between talking to DD, lol. How's our little Ms Teri doing, and the baby? Try not to work too hard missy!
Old 08-20-2007, 01:13 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies....

Another quicky this morning since I need to get ready for work. Yep....vacation is officially over until November. (asked for another week during Thanksgiving)

WI was today and I stayed the same. Pretty good in my book since I haven't walked all week. I did hike and all that, but not every day like I do my walking. I took a break from that saying "it's vacation....I'm on vacation from walking too" how stupid is that?

Anyway....I need to get going. I'll pop back in later tonight.

Hugs to you all!
Old 08-20-2007, 03:04 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Tammy - hope you're having a good time visiting with your son, and all that fun shopping.

Cristina - how much longer until Josh gets to come home? I know the date has been changed a few times, but wondered if they've settled on one?

Marti - yay for at least not gaining.

Sue - you could've ridden down to see me with all those miles you've racked up!

Jules - good to see you, sweetie.

Hello to everyone else reading this.

I've been holding my own with the weight loss. This summer makes exactly 40 years since I've been trying to control my weight, with very few years that I was actually at my goal weight. How sad is that?

On a cheerier note, I've been doing paperwork for some upcoming trips. First to North Carolina, then to Kentucky Lake in September. After that, in early Nov. is Chicago. Next spring is Florida. Lots to keep straight.

Hope you're having a great Monday, or is that an oxymoron?
Old 08-20-2007, 10:20 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Thanks all....I must admit I am feeling really good about the bike riding and nice to come here and tell you all about it. Kind of feels like a pat on the back, which we all need, ya know?
That said...I only rode 2 miles today due to it raining soon after my morning ride and ALL day. I did some other exercises, but not much. For some reason my joints are all sore today...rain I guess.
After all the work this a.m. I was plenty lazy. I read most of the afternoon while it rained outside. Just fixed breakfast for dinner tonight. Haven't done that for a long, long time.

And yes, the ham and beans were good, but I do not eat cornbread. DH says I make it good, but I couldn't tell.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:23 AM   #12  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....just a quick one from me today!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I had a blast! I love my scale! Saturday we went to our friends' wedding shower, and then picked up the kids and headed out to my sister's house for her wedding reception/open house/our niece's birthday. We were planning on sleeping in a tent there, but right after we got their it started to rain and so my sister said that she would feel really bad if the babies (Brandon, Logan and Marissa) were to get pneumonia. So, we ended up inside that night. It was a lot of fun!

Sunday we went to Target and Meijers because I told Tommy that I want a scale, a recipe box with plenty of cards and a subscription to Every day with Rachael Ray. Well, Tommy bought the scale for me from him and the kids. And my MIL gave me $25 for my birthday. So, we went looking for a recipe book. I ended up just getting some index cards, and one of those coupon holder type things. Tommy asked a person at Wal-Mart if they had them anymore, and that person told him that they just use index cards and file boxes. So, now I can go to town about getting recipes.

We also found out that a cousin of Tommy's, their son was diagnosed with Leukemia. So, we have been watching his CarePage through the hospital to see how he is doing.

And for some other news......Tommy got a new job!!! This job is a lot closer to home, and he is much happier at it! His first day was yesterday and he came home in a better mode. His new hours are 7am to 3:30pm. With over time, he would work from 6am to 4:30pm.

I wasn't feeling all that great on Monday, other wise I would have been on here. I couldn't keep anything down. We think it was probably the Taco Bell that we had for dinner, that it didn't agree with me. So, I will be staying away from that. I am still not feeling the greatest, but I have more energy now, then I did on Monday. I will be on here probably on Tuesday afternoon. I have a lady coming from the local health department to start a six week "healthier approach on life" type in house class. I go through all the classes and end up getting a cook book out of it all. So, I am hoping that the kids will behave while she is here!

Sassy~ Man that is a scary situation! I would have been scared as well!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:07 PM   #13  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies!!

Jane--I just can't begin to imagine having 3 8yr olds staying together! But it had to be a lot of fun. Your future trips sounds like lots of fun, wish I could do the same and tell ya all that I'm heading to a bunch of marvelous places! Someday, when I win the lottery! (but I suppose I need to play it first......) As for weight loss....I've been up and down for who knows how long. The closest I've ever got to being near goal was when I got down to 130........I felt great then!! Why did I go back to my old horrible habits?? All I can do is keep trying.

Tammy--I would love to go to a candle factory! I just love candles. My sister at one time sold candles. I can't remember what the name of the "company" was...but she'd have candle parties. I got some good deal through her. Wish she still sold them!

Sue--What an inspiration you are!! 160 miles tracked so far is fantastic! You must be melting the pound away.....even if you are losing slowly. I think measurement changes are more motivating than scale changes. Because the times my WI stay the same ......my measurements will go down. Keeps a smile on my face. I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work!!

Jules--
<-----there goes Jules! Come back when you have more time!

Cristina--The room your finishing up for Josh sound great! I would love to see the finish product when you're all finished. Now what exactly is porcelain blue? Black and Blue sound great together. Will you share a photo when you're done?

Mindee--Glad you had a good birthday. And congrats to Tommy for a new job he likes. What fun to have someone come over and teach you to cook healthy! That's great. My hubby is the cook in our house. He's one that doesn't use measuring cups or spoons. Goes by taste. I don't trust myself to do such a thing.

Sassy--What a scary thing to happen. I'm always double checking my doors through out the day when I'm alone. And another thing I do that my hubby looks at me as though I lost my mind.....I make sure the closet doors are closed before I go to sleep. I don't know why, but I have to have them shut! Not even a crack open. (they're sliding doors) The things we do to keep ourselves feeling safe!

Hello to all the other MIA ladies.

Well I need to shower and eat breakfast and get ready for work. So you all have a great Tuesday!!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:49 PM   #14  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

JANE...North Carolina is BEAUTIFUL! My brother lived there for a while and we visited on our way to Virginia when Jason went to college there. Are you guys going to visit family? Josh will be coming home in October, first or second week...who knows. They will give them a date but change it so...we'll see. I can't wait and neither can he. I thought I was going to get to go to Hawaii to welcome him home there but he is coming home, this home, lol.

MARTI...porcelain blue is just a shade of blue. Doesn't really look like porcelain blue to me. That's the color of the bedding but the walls are Novella blue...I like it. I will post some pictures once I get it together. Been trying to get other pictures on shutterfly to share but it is a slow process with dial up, lol. Then I get busy with other things and forget. And hey, you've not lost your mind...I too have to have closet doors shut, lol.

SUE...I've not breakfast for dinner in a while either and it sounds good. That will be one of the meals I will cook for Josh when he comes home. Of course he mentioned a road trip with his buddies so he just may be here for a couple of days. That's kind of funny you don't eat your cornbread...do you just not like it? I like it but don't fix it often...maybe once in a while with chili, actually cornbread muffins. You must have gotten the rain we had Sunday...supposed to be getting more.

MINDEE...glad you had a nice birthday and got your scales! And wow, someone to come and teach you to cook healthy meals, that is GREAT! Sorry to hear about Tommy's cousins son. Hoping they have some breakthrus with it today. First DH's nephew had it for 5 years...poor little guy. Keeping him in my prayers.

Busy day so far...went for my 3 mile walk thru the neighborhood this morning. Came home did my 2 mile WATP video, went to the pool, then came home and mowed the front yard...what a work out! I think I over did it. But it is supposed to rain Thursday and I can't mow both the front and back the same day...too much for me. So tomorrow is the back yard and 3 mile walk. Doing good with the food and water as well. Getting some laundry done while I am on the 'puter. I've got to take the rest of the pictures off the wall in the living room & hallway so V can paint today after work. Didn't realize once he painted Josh's room he was going to start with everything else, so I am a happy camper. Anywho...

Hi to everyone else Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:05 PM   #15  
ugggg.....

Just lost a long post to individuals.....I am too tired to retype tonight--going to bed!!
Closed Thread