View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #7
royalsfan1

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I cook spaghetti squash regularly.

Microwave it for about 10 minutes (so you can cut it). Then cut it in half and place face down in a baking dish. Add about 1/2 inch of water to baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Use a fork to pull the strings out of the rind.

It won't ever get to the true texture of spaghetti but I still like it. LOVE the calorie savings!!! And what is pasta, anyway, other than a fairly flavorless vehicle used to transport sauce from your plate to your mouth. The squash will serve that same purpose.

It's also good, after you've cooked it, to saute it in some olive oil with garlic, mushrooms, spinach, and peppers. Tomatoes are kind of yummy thrown into that mix, also. It's a much lighter flavor than your typical sauce over pasta. I love it.

Today I was on plan. I was out of town this weekend and managed to stay on plan (except for a slight hiccup last night....but I'm over it!). However, I'm bloated from PMS and from a couple of days on a plane. Hopefully it will go away and the scales will show the loss I know I deserve!

St. Patrick's Day goal - MET! Baseball Opening Day (April 2) goal - MET! Memorial Day goal - to be in the "teens" - MET! 36th Birthday goal - below 200 - MET! Labor Day goal - MET! Wedding anniversary goal - MET! Christmas goal - 175 - didn't make this one. Maintaining for now...no new goals at the moment.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote