Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 12:12 PM   #1  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Wink Everyday Exercisers ~ Working off those Easter Goodies!

Lurkers, please feel free to join in at any time... although Pamela and I are going strong on our own, we'd love to share support with you too!

Hope you had a great Easter, Pamela! I was very good, and the Easter Bunny brought me a very special kind of egg, if you get my drift! So, wish me luck in this 2 Week Wait!

I took the weekend off from exercising, mostly because we were down at the in-laws... I feel pretty good though, and I'm eager to get back into it, starting with Curves today, and of course my ET! Woke up this morning to about 2 inches of drifting snow, so I already had a mini-workout digging my car out!

Anyway, although we ate really, really well yesterday... (ham, scalloped taters, fresh apple pie... yum!) I haven't really had any chocolate, and I've been drinking as much water as I can stomach, so I'm not to worried there. Hopefully, I can get myself weighed on Wednesday (I'm actually due for my official weigh 'n' measure) and I'm hoping to go down, although, as always, I'll be happy if I maintained!

TTLY!
Old 04-01-2002, 05:29 PM   #2  

Hi Ladies:

Yes I am a lurker. LOL,, I have posted a few times in the past 2 weeks, however I can't seem to find them.

Yes I had some chocolate this weekend and yes I have no doubt put on a couple of pounds. I enjoy this forum so far and it is great to have a lot help along the way, it sure keeps you moving.

I have been walking for the past 2 years everyday for an hour a day, about 3 klms and the good weather I bike ride daily.

To start off April today I went for a walk and a quick bike ride, as it was a little to windy for riding.

I hope to be able to post here often and keep dieting and exercising every day...

Suzanne
Old 04-02-2002, 11:52 AM   #3  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Welcome Suzanne! Glad to have you around! Sometimes, posts go mysteriously missing for no apparent reason, which is soooooo frustrating! At least this one worked!

Sounds like you have a good plan, and a great attitude! You'll be a great help for support around here!

As for me, I belong to the local Curves for Women gym, and try to go there at least 3 times a week. I just bought an elliptical trainer, which I am aiming for 5-6 days a week, and I also bowl on Tuesday nights, although the season is almost over now. I usually go to an aquajogging class with my mom on Thursdays too. I try to not just think of exercise as regimented, but also as my daily activities, like cleaning the house or shovelling the sidewalk. Also, I don't follow a diet, but I journal with Fitday, and try to make healthy choices.

My DH and I have been married 21 months, and we're currently trying to conceive our first child. We're building a house (!) and right now, we're living with my mom during the week, and with my DH's parents on the weekends. Our house should be ready sometime in the next two months, and we're really looking forward to it.

That said, I went to Curves last night and had a good workout, but I didn't get on to the ET... just too exhausted! Today, I will be bowling and I will do my ET workout! I promise!

Old 04-02-2002, 01:18 PM   #4  

It's snowing here!! Looks like I'll be shoveling again. We had a good trip, ate good food, ran around a lot. We went bowling and I love it! I want to go every week now. Emmett liked it too, got 2 spares, LOL. Funny kid. My weight on Thur was 163, then on Fri 160, then 161 the rest of the weekend. I think my new PMS symptoms are these wacky dreams, but they seem to burn a lot of calories which is fine with me.

Suzanne, hi! Glad you've joined us!

Marvin, I'll be praying that you don't go crazy for the next 2 weeks but that it's a go!

In Christ,
Pamela
Old 04-02-2002, 04:23 PM   #5  

Thanx Ladies for the welcome:

It is snowing here AGAIN this week, however I have 2 boxes of girlguide cookies one on each hip LOL.soooooooo I am off for my walk today, no bike riding today because of the snow, I will be so glad when I can ride my bike everyday.

You ladies sound like you are heavy into the exercising. Great. It really makes you feel good. For the mind and the body.
I do not belong to any fitness centres, but I do my walk every day and bike ride all summer long. I have never bowled but that must be good exercise too.

Marvin you sure a busy gal. lots of work building you own home. I am sure you will be glad to have it finished soon. Also congrat's on you trying for a baby, that is nice.

I have been doing the fitday for over a year now, it is interesting to see how all your food is broken down and what exactly you are eating as far as fat etc. I also go into the Chatelaine forums they are interesting, lots of different topics.

I am outta here for now.

Suzanne
Old 04-02-2002, 11:07 PM   #6  

Thumbs down Hi from Vancouver Island

Hi Guess I am also a LURKER.
I am ding WW and am on my 12 th week.
The last 4 weeks I have had a very sore neck so finally went to see the Chiropractor.
Hopefully she can help.
I try to go to the gym 5 days a week and do tapes on the others.
This sore neck is starting to take its toil although I was down 1.6 lbs @ weigh in today.
Well glad to be here.
Brenda

175.4 /160.8 / 125
Old 04-03-2002, 11:00 AM   #7  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Good morning!

Brenda ~ Thanks for posting! I just responded to your PM, and I have to say thanks again! What a nice surprise! Good for you and your progress with WW! I've heard wonderful things about it, and if I wasn't so cheap and so focused on TTC, I'd probably look into it myself. I love the idea that you can eat whatever you want, which is really my whole plan! Anyway, good luck, and welcome to our thread!

Suzanne ~ You're right, I sure am a busy gal! Too much so, sometimes! It'll settle down quite a bit once we get this house done, although if we're pg by then, maybe not! :O It's almost nice to go to my in-laws on the weekends, because I don't really do much there!

Pamela ~ Sounds like you had a great Easter! And I'm glad that you guys liked the bowling! Sounds like Em had a great time anyway! Did you go to one of those alleys that have the "bumper" lanes, so that kids don't get gutterballs? Our alley has those, and it's great fun for the kids to always hit the pins... BTW, looks like us Canucks are outnumbering you!

Well, I got 6.5 minutes done on the ET yesterday, which I'm very happy about, and then with bowling, I think I did pretty well. I went a little overboard with eating, but not too much. Plus, I bowled super-well, and I won the 50/50 draw! So, looks like last night was my lucky night! Think those are preg symptoms? I'm such a nut!

Today, it's back to Curves, for my weigh 'n measure, which I'm not overly optimistic about, since I'm still feeling really bloated from the clomid that I took... Oh well, I really want to find this out, so if I am pg, I have an official weight and measurement to start off with. I plan on keeping track of my weight and belly, but I promise not to get all freaked out by it! *crosses heart, hopes to die*!!!!!

So, that's the novel for today! I'll BBL!

Old 04-03-2002, 12:18 PM   #8  

Thumbs down Good Morning

Hi All
what is TTC? I am doing WW but have t o say that I kind of feel like that also.
My prepaid 12 weeks are up now and I am going to Calgary fpor 2 wweeks and was trying to decide if I s hould keep going or not.
I go to the gym regular and have to pay monthly for that , also I have recently discovered the FitDAy and LOVE it so am undecided.
I may do the weekly weigh in here with a group.
Well off to work.
It is so beautiful here today I would LOVE to play hookey but since holidays on the 9 th I had better not.
Talk at you all later.
Brenda[COLOR=crimson]
Old 04-04-2002, 11:45 AM   #9  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Sorry, Brenda, TTC is trying to conceive! I sometimes forget that not everyone knows the abbreviations! I sometimes find myself calling my hubby DH! Cool that you're coming to Calgary for 2 weeks! I'm actually about a half hour south of Calgary, and I'm up there at least once every 2 weeks myself, shopping. Enjoy your visit! It's a great city! I was in Victoria in October 2000 for a few days, and boy was it beautiful! My mom was born there, and when she won airfare from WestJet, she took me! I adored it, and I can't wait to go back for another visit!

Anyway, got to Curves last night, and my weighin was actually good, in that I didn't really increase much at all... like a 1/4 inch on my boobs, and a wee bit in the thigh (which I'm blaming on the ET!) My weight stayed the same, so I'm happy... I still feel really bloated, so I'm just trying to get that water in!

Today, DH and I are going up to see the progress in our house together, as they should be almost half-done the kitchen cabinets! It's gonna look like an actual house! Then, home to do the ET, and then aquajogging class tonight...

TTYL!

Old 04-06-2002, 02:26 PM   #10  

Hey everyone:

Good Sat. afternoon to all, well I am up 1 pound after all that Easter Choc. so that is not bad, now I have to get serious so I do not go up any more.

It is Sat. afternoon and I have already drank a few cups of water so that is a good start and I certainly have had my fill of choc and goodies for a while. It is sunny out and a litte windy but cool but I am on my way out soon for a bike ride and maybe a walk. It is amazing when you get right back on track how good you feel.

I also did ww. however I did not join I did it from home, I purchased the journal and point book and did the program from and it worked good. I also do the fitday.com to keep track of all my food. so between the 2, I found it very easy to do from home. I have heard of people spending hundreds of dollars and then gaining all the weight back. I find that I have to work everyday to maintain or loose any weight so I just do it myself.

I am outta here, speaking of exercise.

Have a great weekend.

Suzanne
Old 04-07-2002, 04:27 PM   #11  

Guess I'm gonna keep these Easter pounds: we just found out we're pregnant! Marvin, I hope there's something in the water - we can keep each other going, LOL. I plan on excercising through the whole thing if I can...
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 04-08-2002, 12:29 PM   #12  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooooooooo exciting Pamela!!!!!! *Ack, the board wouldn't let me put all the smilies in that I wanted to! Trust me... there were a ton of 'em!* When are you due? Oh gosh, I hope we can be pg buddies too! I'll be able to tell you in about a week or so! I guess that the "not really trying" worked for you!

Suzanne ~ Sounds like you've got the right kind of attitude... I'm sure you'll be successful! I find that I gotta keep it up too, otherwise, it just gets easier and easier to stay off the wagon.... right now, I'm so busy obsessing over possible pg symptoms, that I'm lucky to have Curves! I know that at the very least, I'll get three good workouts in this week, and I'm happy with that... I'm still trying to get the ET in everyday too, though, I haven't been doing too well with it the last week or so. What can I say?

Anyway, like I said, I'm off to Curves today, and I'm gonna try to get my ET workout in as well... gotta get some of my water in too... maybe it'll help me get knocked up too!

Gosh, I can't stop smiling! I'm soooooooo happy for you, Pamela! Yay!

Old 04-08-2002, 05:24 PM   #13  

According to babycenter, I'm due 12-13-02 (Friday the 13th, LOL). Now I'm starting to get excited and all I wanna do is sleep. We walked the mall of amercia today and I'm pooped, still have flylady stuff to do. I can't wait to find out if you are or not!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 04-09-2002, 10:05 AM   #14  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Well, if I am, my due date will be December 23, so I'll be right behind you! Oh, this 2WW is killing me! Anyway, Friday the 13th has always been my lucky day! Friday, Dec. 13/96 was my first date with DH, and on Friday the 13th of November 1998, my Dad survived a brain aneurysm, so I consider it to be pretty lucky!

But, I did have a good workout at Curves yesterday.. it's finally warmed up outside weatherwise, and I think that's why I was soooo warm when I was there. I kept telling myself it was because I was working so hard! Seriously though, it felt great!

Tonight is bowling night, and hopefully, I'll be able to get onto that darn ET! I was just too tired by the time I got home after Curves last night. Today is another day, though...
Old 04-09-2002, 03:49 PM   #15  

Wow, crazy with all of your 13's there!! I should be napping right now actually, but I don't get to go online once dh is home, gotta do it now. He can chase the Munch then. Did some more mall walking today.
In Christ,
Pamela
Closed Thread