Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 09:22 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Happy Easter!!!Week of Mar 31st!!!!!

Happy Easter all!!!!Well the Easter bunny has visited and no one here is awake to enjoy it yet!!!It is raining soo hard out that I got up to make sure my 5 kids(cats) were safe in their room and dry!!!THey were all sleeping quietly in the cat condo!!!!

We are going for lunch today at my moms if it ever stops raining today soo I am looking forward to that..We dyed eggs last night along with the floor, the table , my arms etc etc!!!That #2 is a mess!!!

Have a nice day all!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 03-31-2002 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-31-2002, 03:04 PM   #2  

Hi all, hope your holiday is going well, I didn't expect to see any more loss this morning when I weighed for the "Easter Goal" weigh in, but I did. The scales said 169.5. The clothes that have been fitting me tight are all fitting comfortable, and the clothes that fit, are all falling off. It will soon be time for me to go shopping for a new wardrobe. Any excuse to buy clothes is good enough for me.

RR - have fun at your mom's today.

Everyone else, have fun at what ever you are doing today. We went to church this morning, and other wise, we are just having a quiet day at home.
Old 03-31-2002, 07:43 PM   #3  

The company has just left - we had a great day.

Lyssa - congrats on the 169.5!! That is so awesome! I'm sure it is motivating also.

have a great week all - I'm going to try to figure my points for today . . .

Rabbit
Old 03-31-2002, 10:50 PM   #4  

Happy Easter everyone!

Well I made it through the day on the low end of my points :-) We had dinner here for my family.

It has been a crazy week! It was nice for the weekend to get here and finally slow down a bit.

I lost .8 at WI on thurs that put me over the 20 lb mark. DH lost 2 and that put him at 30. We were both pretty darn excited.

Hope eveyone has a great week.

Nanci
Old 03-31-2002, 11:47 PM   #5  

Nanci and Lys: Congrats to both of you on your losses!!

That was the quickest trip home I've ever made! The boys loved our egg hunt (mostly money for Disney in the eggs). We ate too much dinner!

Now...lots of packing this week and a deep clean of the house before we walk out the door at 4 a.m. Thursday morning!

- jul
Old 04-01-2002, 12:39 AM   #6  

Hello, and welcome to the story of a flybaby gone sickly, sadly wrong. I was really on a roll there. Then, PMS struck this week with a vengence. I decided to take my "day off" and that has lasted till, well, NOW. Not only have I been eating poorly, but I have been sleeping a ton and not keeping up with my routines, errands, etc.

So.. Tonight, rather than just pick up where I should be, I decided to super clean the whole house. (I now agree with flylady - this should not be done). I got everything put away and cleaned the bathroom and the laundry from top to bottom. Was working on the kitchen and just had about 1/4 of the floor to go when I reached to clean under the stove.

Now, all good flybabies would clean VERY CAREFULLY if they ever smashed a casserole dish when removing it from the oven. Lazy Bailey's however, simply do there best. In fact, they may even overlook the dagger-like shard of glass that has become wedged in the door of the oven,sticking right out the bottom.

So anyway, we are back from the ER and all it took was 3 stitches. And guess what the Dr.'s name was? That's right - DR. Bailey!!!

Moral of the story: Never ever do housework when coming off a 4 day sugar bender and PMS'ing. In fact, Just skip the housework all together. Safer that way.

Nanci: Yeay on staying op and on the 20 lb mark! (tell dh congrats as well)

Lauren: We really should start a job seeking club. The funny thing - I AM on the pill and have not been getting "any" so there is no need to worry - but that is what I thought before as well. Will have to learn to relax about this.

Lyssa: Congrats on the 160's you are doing great - glad the holidays went well. I haven't been doing it, but You are right - I can and I will.

Jul: A kid who doesn't like chocolate? Have you taken him to the dr? Glad the holidays went well. Have a great trip.

Rabbit: OK - I'll do it!

RR: Good to hear you have been getting some time to yourself - You deserve it!

BFB: Get that booty in gear!!! Try baby steps!

Well - gotta go, the typing is killing my hand
Old 04-01-2002, 09:52 AM   #7  

Poor Bailey. These houses will do anything to 'get back at us for cleaning' won't they.

I have always been a night person and not a morning person - so what is up with me waking up at 6 a.m. every morning the last 2 weeks?????? I even had time this morning for a 2 mile walk, the kitchen floor is scrubbed, laundry half done, bed made (o.k. DH and Weston did that) and its not even 9 a.m. yet. - jul
Old 04-01-2002, 04:54 PM   #8  

Nanci - cannot believe you did yesterday at the low end of your points!! Hooray for you!

dh got me candy yesterday although I specifically said - no candy. He said he had already bought it. Now I've got to do something with it because I cannot have it here. Thought about putting it in the freezer until sometime when the kids are back. Maybe I should just throw it away???

Bailey - sorry about your hand! I have not been a very good flybaby lately myself - although I have still been working on my nighttime routine and have been managing to lay my clothes out. But that's about it.

Jul - maybe you are at a time of your life when you are becoming a morning person!

have a great week all.

Rabbit

just do it.
Old 04-01-2002, 05:15 PM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Been crazy busy, and crazy eating... Have 2 audits this week, one next week and one the week after...what is it with this industry, they love April?! The pyscho boss will be back tommorrow.

I'm off to Curves!
Old 04-01-2002, 06:29 PM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Bailey-sorry about the hand..Maybe U should join BFB and I with the Slovenly Lady..I find that letting DH clean saves me alot of trouble!!

Lauren--Yeah on going to curves!!!Good Luck on the audits!!!

Jul--Have fun on your trip!!!!Good Luck waking the kids for 4am!!!

Nancy and Lys--Congrats on the loss!!!!

Rabbit--Men, what possessed him to buy candy???????Love them anyways!!!
Have a good evening!!!!
Vicki
Old 04-01-2002, 09:22 PM   #11  

Hi!

Jul, The egg hunt sounds like it was fun. A friend of mines in laws do a big easter egg hunt and the youngest person there is 36. It is kind of cute. Good luck on getting everything done for your trip.

Bailey, OUCH!!!!! Sorry about the cut. I want to join the job seeking club.

Rabbit, I will fess up on the points. The only way I stayed so low is that I was planning on drinking wine and then only had one small glass.
Throw that candy away right now!

Lauren, Hope curves helped the stress level.

Lyssalou, WAY TO GO! That is awesome that you are under the 170 mark. I can't wait for that to happen to me.

Vicky, I am with you and BPB on the slovenly lady. I pay someone to do my house. I have her come twice a month and I am finding that I will look at the floor and it needs sweeping and I will say that's ok she's coming on Thursday. Maybe I better kick it up to every week. Dh would probably have a fit. I had to fight for 2x's month. I pay for it but I think he thinks it's silly. I just got tired of spending all my free time picking up.

Ok I have turned into the little craft lady lately. I have been making crystal bracelets for awhile now and I have just got started on making cards with the rubber stamps. I am out of control!

Take care all
Nanci
Old 04-02-2002, 01:52 PM   #12  

hello all. I had some dental surgery this morning - yuck - but food should not be a problem for a few days . . .

Lauren - yeah for going to curves! I'm sure that will relieve some of the job stress.

RR - I don't know what got into him about the candy! He knows better.

Nanci - you're right, it needs to be thrown away. Right now it is not a problem as I cannot eat - nor do I feel like it. ~ I would love to have a cleaning lady!

Rabbit
Old 04-02-2002, 03:17 PM   #13  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

Back from FL (we stayed with the IL near Ocala) and it was fun, although I do wish we'd had our own car, but it wasn't to bad. Went to Universal and walked my feet off. Also went to a state park and took lots of pics. Then my folks came to town and we went to Daytona with them then had Easter with the IL's. We headed up the east coast to Jacksonville to catch the flight home, but I had gotten the time we were to arrive in DTW in my head so we arrived at the counter 1.25 hrs after our plane had left (oops!!!), they moved us to a flight this morning and we stayed the night in a motel. Now we're home and it's cold and raining and I want to go back where it's sunny and hot.

Tonight we're supposed to go to WW, we were on a plane last week so we missed, so we should probably go tonight, but I just want to be home. We'll see.

I read all the posts but can't remember who said what, so I promise to be more faithfull from here on out and check in regularly.

Talk to you all later.

- Tech
Old 04-02-2002, 05:56 PM   #14  

Hi all! It has been a difficult few days. Dh's work changed him from hourly to salary which though it was supposed to be a lateral move it ended up cutting his pay, and it was retro active, so there was some concern that he may have to pay back some of what he received during that period. A friend of dh's got pre-approved overtime so he could go on a business trip(to the tune of $1400)and he is having to pay it back. Luckily they didn't do it as of yet. This paycheck will actually include some extra money, which we desperately need, I just hope they don't come back later and say that we received the extra money by accident, and they make us pay all of that back too!!!

I have decided that FlyLady's methods don't exactly work for me. Some of her ideas do work, but I ended up getting bogged down in trying to do it her way. I was doing really good about keeping my house picked up, and exercising, and beginning to get my life in order, but when I tried to do it her way, I ended up getting bogged down and not doing what I needed to do. I am going back to the way I was doing things before, and seeing if that doesn't help things get back on track. I even exercised today!!!

TechAlum - Glad you are back, and that you had a nice trip.

Rabbit - Dental surgery, OUCH! I know Liz talked about mouth sores helping with the diet, but I don't think she intended for us to have mouth pain inflicted on ourselves intentionally!!! I am sure that it was for a good cause, and we should all take care of our pearly whites. Hope you are feeling better soon. That will make throwing the candy easier!!! You could always give it to some neighborhood kids.

Nanci - (or should I say crafty?) It always feels good to be creating things with our hands. When I am in the middle of projects, it helps me not to eat, because I am too busy to feel the need to munch. WTG on being on the low end of your points for Easter. Holidays are always so hard to keep up with diets. But you did it.

RR - How was your mom's? I agree with you on the candy. How can men be so insensitve to buy candy for someone who is trying to lose weight? Take the candy to work, and go buy flowers!!!

Lauren - Sorry Ms. Psycho is coming back, I hope the audits go well, and that she goes home quickly!! WTG on continuing to exercise.

Jul - I wished I could get up at 6 am but my body just won't do it. That is where I got into most of my trouble lately, by scheduling my day around getting up early. But I am happy for you that you are doing it. Have fun on your trip!!

Bailey, Bailey - you poor dear. I do hope you are feeling better. Don't give up on order, just don't hurt yourself getting there!!! I have had to back up and crawl before I even take the baby steps. The end result is what is important here, not where you are now. We are in a marathon, both with our houses, and our weight. If we run too fast now, we won't have anything left to help us finish the race!!!

If I missed anyone, I am sorry, but I too have been out of touch this past week. But I am back, and I will keep up with you all, because you are a great bunch of chicks, and I enjoy reading about your lives.
Old 04-02-2002, 07:05 PM   #15  

My house is a wreck, I'm trying to get 4 orders packed tonight to ship tomorrow. Haven't packed a thing and we still plan to leave by 4 a.m. thursday. I don't need Flylady I need CheetahLady. Someone put me in hyper-drive!
- jul
Closed Thread