Old 08-19-2007, 07:48 PM   #1  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Default 8/19 - 8/25 *Good luck this week girls!

Hey everyone! It's a new week! Just wanted to wish everyone well! Hope you had a great weekend!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:59 PM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey there! I havd an ok weekend - worked both days!

I posted some pictures of myself in another thread if you guys want to take a look:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=120070&page=3

go to the end and yuo will see them I'm also attaching two here. One in january of 2003 when i was pretty large (with my grandparents and one of my brothers) and another taken some time last month (I had lost about 43 pounds at that point).

Last edited by modkittn; 05-21-2008 at 05:00 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:28 AM   #3  
jeanne

Lori - that is FABULOUS!!!!!!! You look amazing! That is such motivation! I can't wait!
Today is WI - I'm hoping for a successful week! I stayed OP and even got some walking in 4 days last week. I feel really sore and tight across my back though - must have slept wrong! Or maybe it's PMS OR MAYBE.............. I'M JUST GETTING OLD! lol

Have a great day everyone! Off to work I go!
Old 08-20-2007, 07:34 AM   #4  
jeanne

PS - Lori - thats some pretty amazing art on your arms! My daughter (20) has a big beautiful butterfly on her leg! I'll show her yours tonight!
Old 08-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #5  

Thanks Jeanne!

Today is my 9th day in a row of working. 3 more days... then I'm taking Friday off and SH and I are going up to Vermont for the weekend. I can't wait! We go up once a year and I LOVE it up there. We even donate to some of the local Vermont charities, since we go to them when we are there. Like the Vermont Institute of Natural Science, where they rehabilitate raptors (owls, hawks etc).

http://www.vinsweb.org/

We visit every time we go up. We also go hiking, visit the local brewery, and stay at the same inn. The inn has an irish pub inside of it, and this weekend is the 35th anniversary of the pub, so they have a really good irish band coming in for the weekend. No worries about driving, we just walk upstairs to our room That is all Friday night, and Saturday night we are going even further north in the state to spend the night with friends at one of their cabins. Should be so much fun and I can't wait!!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 08:55 AM   #6  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone. Hope if you don't mind if I jump in here. I used to post here a fair bit a few months ago but things really slowed down over the summer due to everyone being so busy and I wasn't really posting either. Seems like there are a few new people so hopefully we can keep some momentum going. At one point it was like Misty and me just having our own private forum!

Anyway for those who don't know me I am 39 years old, married and have a little boy who will be 6 next month. I work full-time night shifts as a RN. I've been overweight pretty much all my life not really ever losing any significant amounts of weight. I was on Meridia for about 3 months but stopped taking it because dh and I decided to try and have another baby. Unfortunately I gained back all the weight I had lost (predictably) but then I wasn't really doing anything else to keep the weight off.

I'm feeling lately like things are so spinning out of control. My weight is approaching an all time high. My work uniforms are feeling tight and I just feel like I have no energy to do anything. The weather seems to be cooling down finally and that is always good for me because fall is my favourite season. I think I will have more motivation to do stuff because it is cooler and I don't feel so stiffled by the heat. I really need to start exercising again, I have equipment just gathering dust in the basement. Today I am going to start journalling again, even though I hate it but I know it works to help curb my eating. It is so out of control, last night I was pigging out on strawberry oreos and they don't even taste that good. It was just mindless, bored eating.

Anyway I will come back later and post more, I hope to get to know all the new people better!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #7  

Hi Jen! I had lost weight before and reached goal, only to get lazy and gain it back. The thing that got me motivated this time was that DH and I wanted to TTC. Then I found out I had some serious health issues, so it has been a while since I went back to WW (over a year trying to lose this weight again!), but I'm almost at goal and it feels great!

Are you still TTC? Because if you are, I think you should be trying to maintain, or maybe try to lose and put off TTC - I read it isn't healthy to lose weight while TTC (wasn't as obvious to me) or pregnant (obviously).
Old 08-20-2007, 09:45 AM   #8  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Well considering how much I am overweight losing might actually help with TTC because being too fat can also hinder TTC just as much as being too thin. Adopting a healthier lifestyle can only help. I'm not planning anything radical, if I actually ate the number of calories I am supposed to eat and exercised even lightly I would lose weight and I'm quite certain would not hinder TTC. Would probably help in many ways not the least giving me some energy to actually work at TTCing! Also I know some women (from another web site) who have lost weight while pregnant, not working at it consciously but because of adopting a better way of eating they just naturally lost weight and had healthy babies. Wouldn't that be something to have a baby and not have to worry about losing the weight gained while being pregnant?!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:13 PM   #9  

It would be great I know that doctors don't recommend doing that though unless you are overweight. I'm so close to not being overweight, that I was told they would still want me to gain the normal amount (25-35lbs). So guess I have losing the weight to look forward to again at some point in the future
Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 PM   #10  

Hi all!

WELCOME BACK JEN!!! I've missed you!

On the weight lose and pregnancy thing I didn't exactly lose weight while pregnant, but being as overweight as I am I didn't have to exactly gain either. At a healthy weight they say up to 30 pounds of weight gain is good. While preg with DS I ate healthier and while I gained over all I went back to my 6 week check up 9 pounds less than my pre-preg weight. You are right about not trying to ACTIVELY lose weight during pregnancy. While Lori is right with her weight gaining is a must. Those of us further from goal, have some wiggle room. Not sure on the whole TTC end of it, but just adopting a healthier lifestyle won't hurt I'm sure.

I'd like one more, but three seems like too much.

I had an ok week last week. Not 100% eating wise, but no pop at all. I lost 1.5. Dh and I had a knock out drag out fight this weekend. Instead of binging I went to bed. So that is a plus.

How'd WI go Jeanne? Thanks for getting us started this week!

Lori-GREAT PICS! Such an inspiration! And your art is amazing. I have a small butterfly, but I am thinking of adding to it when I get to goal. Not much. I'd like the word Grace, it's kind of my new mantra, but I don't want people to think it's a name.

Well, I better get going. Have a great night ladies!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:00 AM   #11  
jeanne

Hi girls! I am down 4.3# for a total of 10.1#!!!!!!! I'm so stinkin' excited!

Misty - Yay on your 1.5 - thats great!

Jen - Welcome back! Good Luck with TTC! Thats sooooo exciting too! It seems like forever since I was talking about babies and small ones! It is kinda making me sad! lol! Just kidding..............But girls........don't blink, those babies will be 20 years old some day!!!! Did I mention my Jessica is going to be 20 in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!! Time flies! Next - I "could" be a grandma!

Lori - just a couple more days and you'll be on your way to Vermont! Have fun!

Have a great day girls - Talk to you later!
Old 08-21-2007, 10:00 AM   #12  

Congrats Jeanne and Misty on your loses! I am down 2.2 since my last official WI. Of course, I normally go Saturday morning and I went on Monday night. Still happy with the results, and changed my ticker to reflect my "official" WW WI weight instead of my scale at home. Can't wait for my vacation in a few days!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:11 PM   #13  

I hope you have a great trip Lori! Great job on your loss!

Way to go Jeanne! You should be excited!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:54 AM   #14  
jeanne

Morning girls! have a great day!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:58 AM   #15  

Jeanne I needed my coffee this morning too!!!

2 days until vacation!