Old 08-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! Aug. 19-25-07!!

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #2  
I AM healthy!

I am going for a walk, I'll be back later!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:58 AM   #3  
I AM healthy!

Melody:

Quote:
I went to the park and walk/ran for 15 minutes this morning. I still have working out to do today. I REALLY need to focus more on strength training. It isn’t getting done and I need to do it. Have you ever seen those people running who skin on their legs and arms is just...well...flabby. I wanna be a runner, but I don’t wanna look like that. Nothing flopping in the breeze except my ponytail for me! I wanna be a firm runner!

Today was final weigh in and my average was down by 2 pounds! Whoo Hooo! My average weight is now 214. I weighed in this morning at 212! That made me feel good!

Plans for this afternoon. Go to the bank cash my measely, little, child support check I got from DS1's father yesterday. He hasn't paid in a month and a half and I got a check for $37.80....Whatta @$$! I am broke as a joke so I am off to the grocery store with my 37.80 to buy food! Then home, collect the kids and work out. After that I don't know...

Everyone have a great weekend! I will post again tomorrow!
Awww hun!!! Are the kids able to get free breakfast and lunch at school at least? My ex was a truck driver over the road and wanted to fight tooth and nail in order NOT to pay. During the whole process he mysteriously crashed his truck and is somehow now on permanent disability.

I know he has some health problems and was in the hospital last december having a valve replaced on his heart so i am not saying nothing is wrong, but you know. It is just all very strange. He got approved for disability SSI, what have you and he didn't even want to give the lady my info so I could get money for the kids!

She finally had to threaten him with cutting him off!

So I get $101.00 from ssi each for them. The court says he needs to pay a total of $100.00 for the youngest two kids out of HIS ssi check and that is it.

arrgghhhhhhhhhh....ex's!!!

Oh and great job on losing! I am so proud of you!! I think I am down about 3 this month. My cals last week were bad though! I need to really buckle down this week. The exercise was excellent but I averaged about 1900 all week! WAY too many high days! And Chris birthday was yesterday....uuyggghhhhhh.....
Old 08-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

thanks for the running site, melody!

i've been a mess lately. i really can't stop eating... i was so excited the first day i had a "plan" but my life has not been conducive to sticking to plans and i've deviated far, far from it. at the moment i don't even know where to start picking up the pieces (or maybe i should say, brushing off the crumbs), but i know that i have to.

i need to try to stick to my plan from here on out.

sorry, i'm just in a bum mood at the moment. better news next time i hope!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:54 PM   #5  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

I have been using a new calorie/ food diary site. It is Waaaayyyy better then fitday. Everyone check it out! It is www.thedailyplate.com. You can search your foods, most are already in the databank, and it is sooo much easier! And it is free!

Yesterday my calories were over 1700. I am not gonna let it get me down though. Today will be better. I have over 1100 calories left for Dinner. So I am making cheeseburgers. I think I will have a side of salad. I guess the kids will have fries. Not sure what I will have in the freezer. I may have a baked potato. That does sound good.

I am getting ready to do some strength training. I only got 15 minutes in of exercise yesterday. That is not good. I have no idea where I am at on my Exercise goal. I am going to have to go to coolrunnning and add it up again. I keep track of everything I do on their running log.

Well hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Grocery run today. I bought fresh peaches - first time in prob. 15 years. OMG, they are sooo delish! And a few bananas, fresh spinach, brocolli, yogurt.

I'm still a bit discombobulated with groceries and menu. Tomatos (vine ripe) $1 per lb. (Safeway, same price as Peaches!), so I bought several fresh and huge ones. So I'll make pasta with sauteed spinach w/garlic, topped with fr. tomatoes & a bit of parmesan ch. w.turkey.

Last month at Jack in the Box I had a sirloin/cheese sandwich and it was heaven! I only eat red meat @ fast food places - dunno why. First red meat hamburger/sand. in years. With my recurring anemia, I think I'll try a bit of lean ground beef again at home. The ground sirloin or extra lean was $6.99 per lb. ( ) and the "lean" seemed high, so I bought gr. turkey.

I need to learn regular prices on new to me items and stock up when they are on sale.

Monday I weigh in. Walking up to the post office's big glass doors and seeing my reflection was a big motivator in losing weight. I'm looking not so wide lately

Hope everyone has a relaxing week end!
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:58 PM   #7  
I AM healthy!

Hooray! I am off to a great start! After a really high cal week last week(1900 average range eek!)

I am finishing at 1200 calories today! and 90 minutes of walking!!! *does a cartwheel*

I got smart this a.m. and made up 4 cups of cooked chicken breast and 8 cups of cooked brown rice and froze it! Then tonite I went in and made some for everyone!

I checked my fitday for last week and my goal is chicken/veggie/brown rice 3 days a week. I did NOT have it once! A few days were just blatant junk over eating days but 2 days I seen in particular the microwave popcorn made the difference of a 1700 cal day and a 2000 day! Two days were decent, 1535 and 1371.

I need more decent days, like today!

I am walking way too dang much to be trying to eat it back in cals you know?
Old 08-19-2007, 12:38 AM   #8  
Muscle Mommy

I have got to get back to the exercise. I have really slacked off since I am not running everyday! I am only feeling motivated when it is a run day (I run 3 days a week). I am gonna try for 2 hours tomorrow. I can probably walk for an hour and do some strength training and yoga for the other hour. I need to also make sure I am drinking plenty of water. I haven't hardly drank any today and I know I will feel it in the morning when I run. Much do better on these things!!!!

Well I am tired. Off to bed!

Old 08-19-2007, 01:22 AM   #9  
I AM healthy!

Melody get back in gear! lol

Ladibug....anemia....make sure when you are getting protein you have vitamin c with it, helps your blood absorb the iron. HAve you tried a cast iron skillet? Your food would also absorb some iron.

IS there a bulk store near you like costco or smart n final?
Old 08-19-2007, 01:22 AM   #10  
I AM healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post
thanks for the running site, melody!

i've been a mess lately. i really can't stop eating... i was so excited the first day i had a "plan" but my life has not been conducive to sticking to plans and i've deviated far, far from it. at the moment i don't even know where to start picking up the pieces (or maybe i should say, brushing off the crumbs), but i know that i have to.

i need to try to stick to my plan from here on out.

sorry, i'm just in a bum mood at the moment. better news next time i hope!
Have you started working out yet? What plan are you on?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

melody - keep running! i've been slacking, too. i went jogging on the treadmill on thursday and haven't worked out since (although i was at a concert friday night and danced my butt off!).

jasmine - i hope you keep having the good days! i'm really looking forward to having them again myself... as far as exercising, i used to go almost every day but i've been slacking. now it's about once a week, and i know i need to get back into it. i need to get moving BEFORE i get eating, because if i binge it's all over, i'm too sick and bloated to run or anything.

i'm not on a specific diet plan, but i have my set rules like not eating in my car or standing up or straight from the fridge. I also planned out my meals so i could keep better track of cals and make them ahead of time and not risk binging while i cooked after work... somehow failed. i'm trying to get back on it.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #12  
Muscle Mommy

Hi all!

Well I got up this morning did 20 mins of yoga and hit the road. I did week 5 day 1 of C25k. It was hard. Today was a breeze compared to the rest of the week. I walked 3 mins and ran 5 mins, doing 3 intervals. What was so tough was that my second 5 mins came at "heartattack hill." A hill at the end of my road that is long and murderous. It took me 3.5 minutes and alot of pep talk to run up it, but I made it. After I got my official workout in, i walked for about half a mile and then started running the flats and downhills and walking the uphills. I did a total of 5 miles, 86 miutes. A total of 106 minutes for the day thus far. I am whipped right now though. I think I am going to take a nice 20 minute nap and then get up to do laundry. I am gonna try to get 15 miutes of cycling (or something?!?) in this evening. Right now I am ready to fall on my face. Here is my updated ticker...

Iris, hang in there! We all have times when we slack off some, but the key is too get up the next moring and get your butt back into it! You can do this we all can.

Jasmine, You are the queen of working out! Lead me on to onederland! I bet you can see it from where you are can't you? :

Off to drink some water and have a short nap...
Old 08-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #13  
I AM healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post

jasmine - i hope you keep having the good days! i'm really looking forward to having them again myself... as far as exercising, i used to go almost every day but i've been slacking. now it's about once a week, and i know i need to get back into it. i need to get moving BEFORE i get eating, because if i binge it's all over, i'm too sick and bloated to run or anything.
Yes get moving! Cheers to the good food days! lol

Melody:
Quote:
I did a total of 5 miles, 86 miutes. A total of 106 minutes for the day thus far. I am whipped right now though. I think I am going to take a nice 20 minute nap and then get up to do laundry. I am gonna try to get 15 miutes of cycling (or something?!?) in this evening. Right now I am ready to fall on my face. Here is my updated ticker...
You are doing great hun! Keep it up! Well I survived on 1200 yesterday and you know what? I am not very hungry today either. I think last week I was ovulating, not completely sure. It seemed like to close to tom, idk

I have today and tomorrow planned at 1200. And then I start thinking, am I crazy!! hahahahahahah Then I freak and think what if that is not enough and blah blah blah. Then i remind myself, one week was the cal cycling of 1550 average. Then last week was the disaster of a 1900 average!

So I tell myself if I do the 1200 for a few days, so what! Maybe I will actually lose another pound or two and realistically how long will my body want to do that? hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I am sure I will be back to 1400 but maybe by then I will feel more in control!

So today I had 1 cup of coffeew/3 minitubs of cream, I put in my fitday for 2 w/cream so maybe another cup later? *sigh*

I had 1 cup kefir and 3/4 cup of grapefruit.

Lunch will be 2 ezekiel slices of bread and 1 tbs peanut butter.

Dinner will be 1 cup chicken breast, some broccoli, 1 cup brown rice, with some sweet n sour sauce thrown in.

Even that adds up to only 1211 and that is IF I still have another cup of coffee! hmmnn...

For monday I have planned a similiar breakfast and lunch with 2 bean and cheese burritos for dinner.

I think I will just stick with the lower cals for these few days and then by tuesday I will be ready for a pasta and garlic bread break. Maybe I will go a little wild and hit 1500! Next sat the ex's bro in law said they are coming to take the kids camping for that day so maybe I will have that planned as a high cal day and balance this week out at 1400 or 1500. We'll see. *sigh*

I am 90 minutes away from my monthly walking goal.

Tomorrow I will add the minutes on to make it 2000!!

I am looking trimmer in the mirror and am sure I am down 4 this month.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Hello all. Finally back from my crazy crazy vacation before class starts. It feels so good to be back in my apartment and although it was nutty to clean it all before I left I was glad to come back to a place that smells amazing and looks great.

Now about my vacation. My boyfriend and I went to his parents vacation house in North Carolina with my parents. His parents were staying with us for saturday and sunday and leaving sunday and then coming back the next thursday to spend the rest of the week. All was going amazing and they left and my parents and my boyfriend and I decided to go out and check things out. We wanted to go to the beach about 2 minutes away and as we started crossing the causway we got hit by a drunk driver..ugh....the rest of the week was terrible....we had to deal with the insurance companies and rental cars and all of that stuff. Thanks to my dads amazing driving he kept it from being a head on collision. He had to take us into the bridge but it kept things from being very bad. All of us were fine except for major bumps and bruises and pains. I think the fact that he went all out and got the 7 point airbags we were saved. My dad said though the only part he wanted to remember was how wonderful my boyfriends family was. They loaned us one of their cars for the whole week and they came and got us from the wreck (it was his aunt and cousins....they didnt even know my parents but they were so helpful). Other than that though I think my parents had an OK time. They tried to at least.

I did not eat or exercise very well. We did a lot of walking though so I guess that counts. One positive thing for me though is that I think I found a way to get rid of my stress....batting cages. My boyfriend and I went and I was wailing on those softballs (used to play) and I loved it. While I say I didn't eat very well it was more snacking in between meals that was bad, the food itself wasn't really that terrible though. I weighed myself after I ate tonight and I was 190 so I maintained.

This may sound silly but I think that God in a way with this wreck answered my prayers. My boyfriend and I seemed to be growing apart, but after the wreck we just reconnected all this week. I may have put my foot in my mouth today though...I was reading a newspaper and it said a 17 yr old and a 19 yr old were getting married (she hadnt even graduated high school yet) and I said that was really early and I didn't think I was ready yet. I would at least want to wait and graduate from college and he said oh...well you know you only have a year and I only have a semester. And then he sat there quiet and said that answered that then lol. I said no no no I want to marry you I just wanna wait until after we are done.

Also my parents were having problems with money...living paycheck to paycheck since they are supporting my brother quite a bit. Well the girl that hit us was no doubt in the wrong....her BAC was 2.07!!! So when we were talking to the insurance they were scared we were going to throw a lawsuit at them. They are going to pay out bigtime. They asked the next day if we were going to go to a lawyer and my dad said not yet. This will help.

It just seems like things are going good now. This vacation is everything that we all needed. Hope all is well for everyone else!

School starts tomorrow though so I'm gonna keep on relaxin!
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #15  
I AM healthy!

Quote:
This may sound silly but I think that God in a way with this wreck answered my prayers. My boyfriend and I seemed to be growing apart, but after the wreck we just reconnected all this week. I may have put my foot in my mouth today though...I was reading a newspaper and it said a 17 yr old and a 19 yr old were getting married (she hadnt even graduated high school yet) and I said that was really early and I didn't think I was ready yet. I would at least want to wait and graduate from college and he said oh...well you know you only have a year and I only have a semester. And then he sat there quiet and said that answered that then lol. I said no no no I want to marry you I just wanna wait until after we are done.
My ex sis in law and her dh dated for 5 years before marrying. When she was done she had her masters degree. They have been married about 5 years now and have twin boys.

How long have you two been together? That is cool.

Well I hope things get better with the car/money thing. Good luck! Coming home to a clean house always feels good.