Old 08-17-2007, 12:34 PM   #1  

Default #186 Bale of Turtles Welcoming Friends!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!

I hope i don't offend anyone by getting this thread started being the new girl and all. I had my weigh in on Wed. morning and went from 212 to 210.5. I have been struggling with emotional eating because i have been stressed over looking for a new house. I hope that everyone else is having an OP day.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #2  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Dear Cherry Autumn and all the Turtles,
Glad to see you on this new thread! Congrats on your great weight loss, Cherry!!! Weigh to go. Keep up the good work. I bet 1/2 the people trying to lose weight are emotional eaters. The great thing about WW's is that it tries to have you think of optional things to do instead of eating when you're emotional or under stress.

I'm having a good week even though it's hectic. I'm trying to listen to how my body feels and am trying much harder to eat only when I'm hungry.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Judy Itryharder
234.6/220/thinner into onederland
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Happy Tuesday all!

Well, W/I was just plain ugly on Saturday... between vacations and the med's I was up 6.0 lbs! I am off of the meds and back on track though so I will keep on chugging along.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #4  
Chick

Dear Turtles,
Tomorrow is my WI and I'm hoping I'll be down a smidge or so. Princess, I hear you loud and clear about your weight gain. All I can think to say is that now you've stopped taking meds your weight will go down again and I say to you for going to your WI even though you knew you'd be up.
It's the denial and ignoring the weight gain that got me every time and before I knew it the six pounds became ten became twenty. So, I' m sending you a to keep your spirits up. Thanks for chiming in and I know you'll make this a good week.

Ariana, are you settled in your new place yet?
Bandit, how are you doing? We've had so much rain and cold weather here lately. Are you getting the same? Is your dd back at school yet?
Chrily, how are you feeling?

Take care and do well.
Judy
Old 08-23-2007, 09:07 AM   #5  

Morning all!

Not much new going on around here... just busy getting DS ready to go off to college tomorrow...

I have started a class for my project management certification that is just stressful and a huge mountainous work load comes with the class... the good news is that it only last 12 weeks so it is all do-able but it is a total of class time plus another 200-300 hours worth of studying for the next 3 months.

The scale is not budging so I really need to start watching my daily intake more and I need to get out and do more walking.

Have a great day all!
Old 08-23-2007, 11:25 PM   #6  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I posted earlier, but it didn't take. Anyway, my weight stayed the same this week, but at least I didn't gain. Now I have exercised two days in a row and am counting on that to do the trick. We have non-stop company and parties in the next couple of weeks, so I have to get out early tomorrow and stock the house with more fruit and veggies to help keep me on track. Good luck to us all.
Judy
Old 08-24-2007, 12:56 PM   #7  

I would like to keep posting here but i am kind of doing a form of calorie counting and WW points. Can i still post here? My weigh ins are now on Wed. mornings.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:53 PM   #8  
Chick

Dear Cherry,
Of course you can post here. We love to see your progress. This isn't an "official" WW site==we just are a group of gals who use WW's to lose weight. We really encourage each other as best we can , so we're happy to have you here. I have a feeling we all "tweak" WW's every once in awhile to shake up our weight loss.

Hey, congrats on such a wonderful loss already.
Judy
I'll be busy this weekend, but I'll try and chime in--so far 2 days down and I exercised both days. I've gotta keep that up.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:54 PM   #9  

Thanks for letting me stick around. I am disappointed in myself. I can't seem to even stay motivated and have enough willpower for one day. I just don't know what to do. I cannot give up because i have to do this for my health. It gets so frustrating having to fight myself everyday.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:26 AM   #10  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I got on the treadmill Sat. and Sun. even though family members were here.
Trying to put myself on the important list! Eating could have been better, but it was pretty decent and I'm pleased.

Cherry, a lot of us have gone through (or are going through) what you are right now with motivation. One suggestion is to take baby steps. Keep saying in your mind, "I can do this this hour". Fake it till you make it. Drink your water, write down every single thing you eat (you'll think twice about eating it if you have to write it down) and get in some movement each day.
Don't beat yourself up, congratulate yourself on what you're doing right, and keep on keepin' on. None of this is easy, but it is doable. and for posting.

Judy
Old 08-27-2007, 10:29 AM   #11  

Hi Turtles,
Wondering where everyone has gone to. I am making a new start this morning. I am just going to do the best I can.

Judy, thanks for all of the support. My husband tells me I am to hard on myself and that i am doing a good thing. I have very low self esteem so i need to work on that and look for the positive in what i am doing and quite seeing myself as a failure. Cause i know i am really not a failure
Old 08-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #12  

Happy Monday all,

Well I went to W/I on Saturday... I was down .8... not much but I will take it as I thought that I had gained even more from last time. I am back on the meds again but that is ok... I am going to really track and watch what I eat and get outside and get walking... along with the pilates classes I should be back on track in no time.

Sorry I have been MIA lately... the work load from this class that I am taking is crushing so I have no extra time anymore.

I made a big pot of the Garden Vegetable Soup this weekend for lunches and it turned out very good! I forgot how much I liked that until I was trying to come up with low point lunch items... I have just been plowing thru my points so early in the day that it is almost a given that I will be over by the end of the day... this will help though.

I have to run but will check back later on...

Autumn... I think we all suffer from low self esteem in one form or another... I think that is a huge contributor as to why we end up over weight... food = comfort. You are doing great though... don't stress and just keep on going, you will be fine!

Judy... thank you so much for keep us going... you are a miracle!

Talk to you all soon!
Princess
Old 08-28-2007, 03:42 PM   #13  

Ladies -- a quick note to tell you that I am well and hope that you are the same. I'm putting in some OT during lunch, my primary posting time, and I will continue to do so until I can't take it anymore, so I will be quiet for quite a while. I'm sorry to be gone so long. Take care ladies, and be well. I will see you all in a while...
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:40 AM   #14  

Ariana - Nice to hear from you.

I had my weigh in this morning and i was 210. Last week i was 209.5 but during the week peaked at 211.5 so i guess that atleast i got back down to 210. I have only been counting calories for a couple days so i think i just need to give it a chance to work. I did have 8 glasses of water yesterday which was an improvement for me.

Princess - Great job on the weightloss. Every little bit counts. It is much better than going up.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:17 PM   #15  

Ariana! It is so good to hear from you... I was getting worried about you. I know it is hard being so busy, I am too right now and don't get on line like I used to. Talk to you soon!

Autumn: Thanks... anything lower is good news for me...LOL

Judy: How are you doing?

I have to run!