Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:24 AM   #1  
For my HEALTH...

Thumbs up Kirstie & Val on PEOPLE cover "Jenny Craig"

I was just walking around my Stop & Shop Supermarket and I was so suprised to look up and see a WONDERFUL photo of Kirstie and Val on the COVER of People Magazine. The Date on the issue is Aug 20 07. So if you get a chance go out and get it. I did not even get a chance to read it yet, but I wanted to give everybody the 'heads up' about the issue out now. I was in the supermarket buying my fresh veggies & fresh fruits & non-fat dairy to go along with my Jenny foods at home.

Last edited by POOKIE88; 09-17-2007 at 01:24 PM.
POOKIE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:29 AM   #2  
For my HEALTH...

I thought we could all use the issue for motivation !

Last edited by POOKIE88; 09-17-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:08 AM   #3  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to get it, I was wondering how Val was doing. I read about her intentions to lose 30 pounds around January or so but never saw anything since.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #4  

I just picked it up...good timing also because I need the motivation!
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #5  

I heard she already lost 30 and up'd her goal to 40. She is also dating a good looking financial analyst. Very happy for her!
InLimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:33 PM   #6  
For my HEALTH...

Thumbs up Read the article.....

I did get to read the article and yes it was very motivating.

I agree with Val about how I am eating so many more veggies and salads now that I am on Jenny Craig. I actually take the time to look up and down the fresh produce aisle now, instead of just passing it by.

I also like that Kirstie talked about how important it is to work on CONSISTENCY. That has always been a problem for me. All-or-nothing at all. Or else I would go from eating junk to making myself go hungry. I am trying my best to make all 7 days of the week Consistent now (Even Steven) . It takes time, but one step at a time.

Last edited by POOKIE88; 09-17-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:57 PM   #7  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Very interesting article, but I was disappointed though that they didn't discuss what kind of exercises they were doing along with the Jenny Craig plan.
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:16 AM   #8  
For my HEALTH...

Hi Nemesis, You might have missed it because they had it listed in a column right next to their photos instead of in the body of the article. It says that Kirstie says she dances for hours at a time in her living room and she is trying to be more consistent with her workouts and Valerie likes to use the Elliptical machine and also hikes with a weighted vest .

Last edited by POOKIE88; 09-17-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #9  

OMG Valerie hikes where I hike and I can't imagine in this heat wearing any kind of weighted vest; arrgh! Unfortunately I have my own "extra weight" to lug around so I don't have to add more. She looks fantastic, I really think the extra weight she wants to lose is "camera ready" thing, I would feel fine where she is now!

Kirstie on the other hand seems like she's faking it....she's gained a chunk of weight back and not owning up, IMO, although I suppose it's hard when you're a paid spokesperson to own up.

The commercial where she's in the car the whole time, it's like, come on....

I thought Roseanne had a funny line -- "Kirstie Alley, New Orleans called, they want to borrow some of your spandex gear to shore up the levees for hurricane season!" LOL....
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:49 PM   #10  

The other thing is that picture of Val sweeping the deck in Hawaii....I did not think she looked that bad like the tabloids were saying, she didn't look fat, it was just an unflattering angle and a candid shot. Any time the camera is UNDERNEATH you, it emphasizes every shadow, every everything.

Joan Crawford used to say, GET THAT CAMERA UP THERE BOYS, UP UP UP!! Everyone looks like they have a double chin when photographed from that angle.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:32 PM   #11  
Heeey Nursie!

S/C/G: 283.4/See Ticker/130

Height: 5' 0"

Well, Val and Kirstie have answered the accusations in an article online. The link is below.

http://www3.ok-magazine.com/latest_n...php?newsId=531
Gildana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:44 AM   #12  
For my HEALTH...

Default Hi Gildana, (love that name !)

Thanks for the link to that article.

Last edited by POOKIE88; 09-17-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:56 AM   #13  

Yep for sure they've answered, but IMO and according to my lying eyes, Val is telling the truth and Kirstie's not owning up.

I know that weight regain is a part of many dieters' lives - I sympathize, but I just don't like being lied to I guess. You can just look at her and tell she's not "within 5 pounds" of that Oprah show, which was weird anyhow, who the heck wears a girdle with a bikini????

What I find strange is that Oprah herself said that when she went on that fast and got into the size 10 jeans for the show, that was the first and last time she ever fit into them, and the pressure of getting into a certain size for an event like that made her go off the deep end, and she didn't wake up for 80 pounds or so.

So why would she orchestrate something like that for Kirstie? It's a terrible idea. I've done it too so I recognize it (losing weight for a wedding, a formal event, a pool party, whatever) it's a yo-yo mindset, which I'm trying to get off of!
Old 08-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #14  
Heeey Nursie!

S/C/G: 283.4/See Ticker/130

Height: 5' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKIE88 View Post
Thanks for the link to that article.
I don't mind posting it. BTW, I have used Gildana since the 1980's, created it back then for a character I played in a game (D&D). There are people who still remember me by that name today. Thanks
Gildana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #15  

Kirstie's a beautiful woman - even before her weight loss, she looked pretty on "Fat Actress." So she can glam up in these gowns and stuff and look really nice.

But her claims just don't add up.

She says she started at 219#, lost 75#, OK, that would have made her ending weight around 145. So 5'7 and 145, that would be pretty slender.

So then she says she hasn't fluctuated more than 5 lbs because of her "contract" so that would make her around 150 at most, well I don't even know how she can say that with a straight face! At one point around the Oprah bikini-suit thing she was saying she was a size 6. I dunno, I'm just like, why lie about it? I think it would be a more interesting promotion for the company if she said, "OMG, I have to get back on this!"