General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #1  

Default Doorway question

I put this in the pet section, also...but I know that is less frequented than this forum, and I am desperate for answers! Please forgive me for using both for the same question, but I truly need ideas!

I am looking for some way to block off a doorway from floor to ceiling. We have to keep our kitty separated from 2 others that are living in the house with us. The only thing I can think of is to use 3 baby gates and put them one over the other. The issue I am having with this is inconvenience. Having to take down 3 gates just to get through would be very annoying, because it is a very frequented area. But apart from that, I am at a loss. What else can we do so our kitty can't get through?
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:18 PM   #2  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Would it be possible to install a door there?

Sorry, I don't have a better suggestion. I know, kitties are hard to contain!
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:21 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Would something like this... http://www.amazon.com/Kittywalk-Outd.../dp/B0002OVBUW give the kitty access outside the room, yet not have to black it off?
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:02 PM   #4  
sfj

http://www.bugoffscreen.com/

it is magnetic.
sfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

what about an electronic fence? You can use them indoors, though I don't know if they make them for cats.
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

What is the reason the cats need to be separated? Is it because of illness? Do they not get along? If it is temporary only (like one being treated for an illness), maybe you could just put the one in a crate or a pen? I have 3 indoor cats and initially, the two sisters did not welcome the new kitten, but over time as she got bigger, they are way more tolerant. Good luck.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:57 PM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfj View Post
I watched the video on this cause I found this to be a very cool screen. But after seeing the video, it won't keep a cat contained. They can walk right through it. But this is sure a great idea for anyone wanting to screen something but they don't have the tools or ability to install anything. If you can hang a shower curtain, you can hang this.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

if it is to keep the cats seperated because of fighting or illness..i wouldn't use anything but a door. If they are fighthing, the stress of seeing each other is raised and can cause more issues. I think keeping a cat confined to one room is fine...AS LONG As you provide amply quality time with the cat confined
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:21 PM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Accordian folding doors are very easy to install.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:58 PM   #10  
Wee Griffin's Mom

S/C/G: 235/215/165

Height: 5'5"

Not sure if this wil work for you or not, but DH and I installed a screen door on my son's room just to keep cats out while allowing airflow and sound to travel. Very cheap at Lowe's or Home Depot, and we *love* it! We kept the original door to re-install once he wants some privacy
Bellaloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:24 PM   #11  
Pending Email Confirmation

This has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand - but every single time I have glanced at this thread I read "Dowry" question and thought it was very strange. *LOL*
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote