Old 08-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #1  

Question When does everyone weigh them selves

Hi! Guess I should give a short entro I was posting here a few months back then got side tracked but I'm back now. Is there a day when most like to weigh in or just whenever? I've been weighing myself every Thursday so today was weigh in and was very happy with a 5 pound loss!
slimdownmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

thats great! congrats - i used to weigh mondays but am switching to thursdays
also i generally try and weigh myslef daily/every other day esp if i am adding something new to my diet becasue i recently had a set back and gained 4 when i was without my scale for a wk and ate LC bars.

hopefully i will lose it and maybe another few pounds by the end of the month
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 02:31 PM   #3  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

WOW! Congrats on the 5# sdMom!

I have a tendency to get obsessed over the scale readings - so threw mine out a long while ago. A lot of this is psychological for me and just didn't need the pressure, ya know?

*HOWEVER* - lol - I DO weigh myself at work and this time around I have found it motivating to w/i on both Fridays and Mondays!

Go figure!

I have been losing (stayed the same once) & Posting it to my ticker BOTH days since July 16th this time around. I promised myself that should I ever GAIN over the weekend I'll adjust it UP, as well.

Have had a prob in the past when LCE - of splurging/bingeing/overeating - whatever you want to call it over the weekends - negating weekdays of feeling great.

W/I both days is motivating me to stay OP to see how much MORE I can lose over the weekend . . . if I get too obsessive about it tho' - I'll cut that back to once a week or even once a month.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:09 PM   #4  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I weigh nearly every day onmy scale at home, but I don't trust it. It varies a lot. My official weigh-in is on Saturday at the gym. This week might register as up, because I stopped taking any diuretic (gives me horrible foot/leg cramps at night cuz it screws up my electrolytes, they go away that day if I don't take one). Also I am going to weigh myself at home ONCE and not stepping on and off 3-4 x to find the best number. Of course at home I weigh bare nekkid, and at the gym with workout clothes and shoes. Haven't decided quite how to handle the discrepancies on my ticker. Oh well, maybe by Sat. the stand-in-the-middle-and-weigh-once number will be down to 242 and I can go on from there (she said, hopefully).
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:57 PM   #5  

I too get obsessed with the scale so I try hard to stay away from it. I'll admit though besides Thursday I usually weigh myself on Monday too and it seems to help me not cheat or anything on the weekends.
slimdownmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I weigh every morning, naked, after I pee & before I dress - I find it helps me keep things in perspective (I'm not fatter than yesterday so there is no reason to "feel" fatter) & to catch slips before they become full out disasters.

My official weigh-in is Wednesdays after work.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/238/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I weigh every morning, naked, after I pee & before I dress - I find it helps me keep things in perspective (I'm not fatter than yesterday so there is no reason to "feel" fatter) & to catch slips before they become full out disasters.
You took the words right out of my mouth Every morning for me, but I write down my progress every Saturday morning-- just happens to be which day I started dieting this time around
azraelya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:41 PM   #8  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Gee, lifeguard and az, I'm so glad you said that. My Inner Control Freak melts down every time I suggest weighing only once a week. I'll just abandon that idea, and give in to her, andweigh every day like I have been.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/238/170

Height: 5'5

That's definitely the most important part Shy, not getting tied to what the scale says and taking into account there are *plenty* of factors that could contribute to a weight stand-still or even a little gain, even if we've done everything perfectly the previous day(s).

I just moved in with my boyfriend a few months ago, and he didn't have a digital scale... in fact, his is pretty old ;/ So at first it really worked against me... if I stand just like thiiis..... aha! I'm lighter! *blush* But once i actually stood straight and saw just how much I was, I realized I was steadily gaining back weight. I buckled down and started dieting again, and I have to say not having an exact number is kind of nice (I'm sure it's easy to get an exact number with those ticker scales, I'm just not very good at it...) I like seeing big moves in the scale, from the 240 mark down to the 230 mark. Not having an exact number to read every day makes it a lot easier to not beat myself up if I gain 0.2 or something, cuz I can't pinpoint it

Maybe that's kinda "ignorance is bliss", but for me it's just not going crazy over the exactness of it and feeling confident that if I keep doing things right, eventually that weight will come off and I'll be thrilled to see an exact number... some day ^_^
azraelya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:04 AM   #10  
beachbum

I weigh-in on Saturdays again. I thought a since that the end of the week. I used to weigh-in in the middle of the week and its was a disaster as I let myself go wild over the weekend thinking that I have several days to get it off.Big mistake. Hope that helps

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

i weigh every day 1st thing in the morning
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Every FRIDAY!!!

This works the best for me because weekends also bring unexpected plans - more eating out, etc., so I have to be a little flexible. I also often have a treat on the weekends. During the week, I'm much more able to buckle down and eat on plan. I can eat OP during the week because I'm plannning my meals and fixing my own food - that doesn't always happen on the weekend for me.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote