Old 08-16-2007, 04:44 PM   #1  
Bikini Season :)

Default Patterns...

Growing up i was never very conscious of what i looked like. i actually never paid attention to it much until college....

well, i was going over old family photo albums and the one thing that struck me is how massively my weight fluctuated since a very young age!!

from about 4 years old and up i had huge weight fluctuations!
from moderately average to really shockingly large back to average. i wasnt weighing myself at that age but i very well was probably larger than i am now!!

for some reason i had in my head most of my weight issues were an adult thing, and apparently - they arent!

what about you?

where you always chubby? did you fluctuate from childhood? were you thin then suddenly get big?
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:11 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I was a string bean until puberty then steadily gained from about age 12/13. I was on Jenny Craig in high school and lost about 25 pounds to be a normal weight, then started to gain again in college. But looking back, I've always thought I was fat, yet when I look at a lot of earlier pictures, I wasn't. I could have been thinner, but it wasn't until college that it got seriously out of control.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/259/180

Height: 5'11

ive always been fat. in retrospect, not as fat as i thought i was, but i have never been at a healthy weight. that very fact makes this whole thing scary because i have no idea what im going to look like, or where to stop. im 6ft tall so i cant really go to my friends and gauge what i will look like when im done.
watchhershrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #4  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I was a tall and thin girl until the summer I turned 11 and spent it with my obese grandma and aunt. Those two women taught me all about the joys of high calorie foods, like hot dog sandwiches and ice-cream sundaes. I ate and ate and ate!! I came home, and the first words out of my dad's mouth were on how fat I had become.

That set me up for pretty much the rest of my life, first as an overweight kid, teenager, and now adult. When I was 17, I weighed a 150 and thought I was the fattest thing alive. Having a mental picture and the negative words to go with it, I was soon as fat as I thought I was.

I wish I was that 17 year old girl again. I would smack some sense into her and teach her how to eat healthy and exercise.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:18 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pita420 View Post
When I was 17, I weighed a 150 and thought I was the fattest thing alive. Having a mental picture and the negative words to go with it, I was soon as fat as I thought I was.
Very well put, Pita. I can completely identify! It just shows the power of negative thoughts...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:43 PM   #6  
Closed

I was always visiting the "husky" section of the boy's clothes or buying men's clothes when I was still a boy. I didn't vary too much in weight until the second year of college when I really didn't want to be there and just couldn't get excited about studying again. I think I put on 30 pounds that year. I drowned my sorrows in peanuts and tv - Happy Days to be specific.

Some key moments in my life were when I was taught to cook steak and cheese sandwiches. I had been eating Twinkies up to that point on coming home because nobody was at home and I was starving. My mother or my sister thought it would be better for me to eat real food so they taught me to make steakums with cheese on white bread. I was really good at it. I think they did mention veggies, but our veggies were canned and horrible. Back then I wanted nothing to do with veggies. At the time my mom would sometimes make jimmy dean's sausages for breakfast. I'd eat those, but often I just skipped breakfast as it made me sick. I'd skip lunch too because we didn't have a cafeteria. We had to bring lunch. Lots of mothers back then made tuna sandwiches for their kids and by lunch it would be tuna on soggy bread. Straight into the trash.

Another key moment was my discovery of Nacho chips and the whole chip snack food universe. I loved salty food and flavored stuff. I paid no attention to the commie health food nuts. My mom shook her head.

key moment - Started living with a girl who hated to shop. I took on the responsibility of grocery shopping and eventually, cooking. We ate a lot of pasta, steaks and chinese stir fry.

maybe the biggest moment in my fat history was when we got our first tv in the fifties. I remember watching it while my dad came home. Eisenhower was on. It was the beginning of the great american fat disaster as everybody got hooked on three channels. Tv made me crave twinkies and Cocoa Puffs. Next big moment like that was Pong and all the games that followed. Then there was getting access to the internet in the late nineties.
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Oh yeah. Ive always been heavier than other girls my age.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote