Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 04:25 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Default 6 hours of exercise a day :)

I plan to start a new diet plan where I workout 6 hours a day

then eat about a 1000 calories max that is in a vegetable/fruit combination with barely any carbs.

I currently weigh 143 at 5'10 and want to be 125 at 5'10 which would put me at the lowest bmi 18.5 and still put me at a healthy weight. so my goal is healthy and i dont want to hear about it being unhealthy, underweight whatever.

anyway im going to use this forum to track my days. if anyone wants to jump in for support/motivation. please feel more then 100 percent welcome

I already work out 3 hours a day but im doing 6 hours a day because i keep gaining weight and i dont know why. I have gained 28 pounds from my lowest weight ever, 115, and i have gained 18 pounds from my goal weight. its making me very frustrated. i have a small frame and i feel like i look horrible at this weight. im going to push my self harder.

I control my body. My body does not control me.

I know i can work out 6 hours a day. thats not a big deal. the eating part is going to be tough because i switch back and forth from anorexia to binge eating disorder so i really need the drive not to eat alot. if i exercise that much, if i happen to have a binge, i wont gain as much weight plus exercising that much may make me mentally unable to binge after so much work.

Today I work out for 2 hours but tommorrow, this plan will start. I will log in my progress daily.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Ummm - I don't want to rain on your parade here, and I don't even have a problem with your goal weight - you already know it is at the lowest end of your spectrum - but I am concerned about the content of your post... honey, you can't eat that little AND work out 6 hours a day. THAT'S what's unhealthy, NOT your goal weight.

You confess you cycle between anorexia and bingeing - please, please PLEASE seek some medical help. The damage you may be doing to your body is NOT worth a number on the scale, or a number on a dress label.

What about taking a little longer to reach your goal? Is that a possibility?

I just wish i could give you a big hug Things aren't good in your dieting world, and I think you need to take a little step back - hopefully with LOTS of support, here and from your doctor - and reassess the reality of what your goals are - not just the scale, but what you want to achieve each day.

Thinking of you -
Heather
Old 08-13-2007, 05:11 PM   #3  
it's always something

If you are working out that much per day and are gaining weight, do you think you've lost all the fat you need to lose, and are gaining muscle?

I have to agree that your goals are concerning because they are extreme and the end result may be the opposite of what you hope to achieve.

If you really want to participate in an intensive exercise program, please find a personal trainer at a gym (or privately) that can help you devise a diet and exercise program to achieve your goals. You'll need much more than 1000 calories per day. Otherwise you risk damaging your internal organs and suffering other serious health problems.

A visit to your physician so they can assess your current health would also be wise.

It's easy to get addicted to exercise and strict dieting, to the point that it becomes a serious eating disorder, and you probably won't recognize it. Please seek advise from a physician and/or fitness professional so they can help you make sure you get on the right track, and stay there
Old 08-13-2007, 05:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

You arent getting enough food. There are calculators online where you can calculate how many calories you need to consume for your height/weight to be a maintainer. When you don't get enough food, your body goes into starvation mode and turns everything it can get its hands on into fat. Also, with bulimia, you digest over 1/3 to 1/2 the calories of whatever you've binged before you're able to throw it up. This is the main reason why most people with the disorder are overweight.

I'm not saying I condone any of this, I'm just providing explanations.

I think you should get not only psychological help via a therapist, but you should also see a dietitian. Having a plethora of eating disorders and having low self esteem on ones body image can be really damaging, everything from your nerves to your teeth are affected. Also, I urge you, if you are purging, please dont brush your teeth straight afterwards, use mouthwash. The acid in bile erodes the enamel on the surfaces of your teeth, so when you brush after a purge, all you're doing is basically scraping away at your weakened teeth.

I'm just offering advice and explanations, I'm not judging you in any way, but I sincerely do hope you get help.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin View Post
I already work out 3 hours a day but im doing 6 hours a day because i keep gaining weight and i dont know why.
All the rest of your post aside, ^this^ is the part you should focus on, and perferably from a medical perspective.

There might be some medical reason for your weight gain, and not one that can or should be addressed with 'more' exercise, and/or a 1000 calorie diet that isn't medically supervised.

My suggestion is to make an appointment with your doctor, and bring in your food and exercise journals from the past 2-3 months, along with the amount of weight you've gained in that time.

I wouldn't make any changes, whatsoever, beyond healthy 'living' until you've spoken to your doctor about your unexpected weight gain.

Also, before your appointment, write down your 'proposed' plan and show it to your doctor and get their opinion on it. My guess is that you will get some sound advice.

All the best.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:53 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It's good to have a plan--yours just needs some adjustment. Why not talk to a doctor? Or a nutritionist? And see what they say? To me it looks like too little food and too much exercise, and the problem with that is, you've set yourself up to fail. That won't help, will it?

Be realistic. There's no need to go to that extreme! Really! You can lose successfully without going so far...

Good luck!
Jay
Old 08-13-2007, 10:12 PM   #7  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

sweetlovin - I echo what everyone about says as well. That's not enough food intake for that much exercise.

All that aside even if it worked... can you substain that much exercise beacause unless your a professional athlete that sounds pretty impossible for the long haul and you might likely outright hurt yourself more then help.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Pure insanity, darlin'.

If you can stick with this, good for you, but I know most people do not have the time or the energy to work out for six hours, especially if your diet is so restrictive!

Sounds a little like exercise bulemia to me...
Old 08-14-2007, 10:48 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casandra View Post
You arent getting enough food. There are calculators online where you can calculate how many calories you need to consume for your height/weight to be a maintainer. When you don't get enough food, your body goes into starvation mode and turns everything it can get its hands on into fat. Also, with bulimia, you digest over 1/3 to 1/2 the calories of whatever you've binged before you're able to throw it up. This is the main reason why most people with the disorder are overweight.

I'm not saying I condone any of this, I'm just providing explanations.

I think you should get not only psychological help via a therapist, but you should also see a dietitian. Having a plethora of eating disorders and having low self esteem on ones body image can be really damaging, everything from your nerves to your teeth are affected. Also, I urge you, if you are purging, please dont brush your teeth straight afterwards, use mouthwash. The acid in bile erodes the enamel on the surfaces of your teeth, so when you brush after a purge, all you're doing is basically scraping away at your weakened teeth.

I'm just offering advice and explanations, I'm not judging you in any way, but I sincerely do hope you get help.

i do swish my mouth with water.

but seriously.i dont make myself throw up! i just always throw up. i have acid reflux and i take pills for it that work sometimes and dont sometimes
i usually swallow it up because i know i have to and i have been having this problem for years.

butif i regret something, i just throw it in the toilet

I've been eating pretty normally for the past few monthes but i did suffer from anorexia for over a year and emotionally for 2 years.

gaining weight after anorexia is mentally exhausting because you feel like all the work you did is just going away. You dont want to except it and then finding out that you gained 18 pounds out of nowhere? imagine how i feel right now. after a year of doing so much to myself to be a certain way. im just back to square 1.

I know i grew 2 inches since then so my weight is healthy but still. whatever.

im better now. i really want to eat healthy and lose weight but its soo hard. idont know what to do, where to turn because ive been doing it the wrong way so long and when i try to eat healthy. i gain weight! so its like wtf? I eat around 1500-2000 calories on an average day (not counting binges that i have a few times a month). so idk.

Im thinking of going on Jenny Craig though... or nutrisystem. that way they control what i eat. not me.

food really is an addiction, a drug. you know, sometimes i want to hate it but u really cant live without it...

anyway thank u for all the support. i will still workout 6 hours tommorrow but maybe i should rethink things for now

Last edited by sweetlovin; 08-14-2007 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:00 PM   #10  

Quote:
If you really want to participate in an intensive exercise program, please find a personal trainer at a gym (or privately) that can help you devise a diet and exercise program to achieve your goals. You'll need much more than 1000 calories per day. Otherwise you risk damaging your internal organs and suffering other serious health problems.
-------------

sounds like a good idea to me and that would help. unfortunately those things cost money

my mom has been saying she was going to make me see a therapist since last year and it still hasnt happened. that would have really helped at the time.

now that im at a healthy weight, she thinks im fine but thats kinda far from the truth. ive told her this but she doesnt really mind as much since i appear healthy
Old 08-15-2007, 12:56 PM   #11  

woww. i tracked my calories yesterday and i only ate 880 calories! woww i thought i had eaten soo much and the day before that I ate around 1200.

idk. its not even as high as i thought. i think 2000 calories a day is insane

Today i didnt get to work out 6 hours. I only did 2hours and half. My mom is on to me. I guess the 6 hr thing wont work out. School is starting next week anyway...
Old 08-15-2007, 01:38 PM   #12  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey there!

Yeah, you don't want to drop below 1200 cals for any length of time... And because you're a younger person, actively growing, exercising, etc., you really can eat more, on average, per day than 1200. You should probably be closer to 1600 cals a day--and you might even lose weight on that.

Because you have trouble judging how much, try using the FitDay tracker. You can do it for free on line at fitday.com. That way, you can look at the actual numbers instead of guessing and then finding out you were off. Like you did the day you had only 800 some cals.

Don't binge. If you are eating enough good nutrition and enough calories routinely, you shouldn't get hungry.

Does your school have a counselor you could talk to?

Good luck!

Jay
Old 08-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #13  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

You need some medical help quick. You being healthy is more important than a number on your scale. I don't think there is anything any of us can say here that will help.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #14  
Closed

Sounds to me like there's a miscalculation in your original diet. Somehow more calories are sneaking in for you to be gaining weight with a three hour workout per day. Do you keep a food diary? You need to find your error.

Six hour workouts are going to make it more likely that you're going to hurt yourself. If that happens it's going to be hard to workout at all. Then there's the risk of heart attack and stroke depending on your age and condition. I guess if you're in your twenties it's not that big a risk, but if you're in your forties or beyond you're asking for it.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:24 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
Sounds to me like there's a miscalculation in your original diet. Somehow more calories are sneaking in for you to be gaining weight with a three hour workout per day. Do you keep a food diary? You need to find your error.

Six hour workouts are going to make it more likely that you're going to hurt yourself. If that happens it's going to be hard to workout at all. Then there's the risk of heart attack and stroke depending on your age and condition. I guess if you're in your twenties it's not that big a risk, but if you're in your forties or beyond you're asking for it.
im almost 16. LOL.
Closed Thread