Old 08-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! Aug. 11-18-07!!

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #2  
I AM healthy!

blondeblueeyedbeauty:

Well it sounds like you are off to a good start! There are lean cuisines in the frozen section if you need those to get started.

I'll be back later, i need to go walk.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:13 AM   #3  
I AM healthy!

Oh and cals were at about 1634 yesterday and was my no walk day.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #4  
I AM healthy!

I can't remember who asked about kefir but here is the links:

Here is a link to their page and another one about kefir. The first link also has a blog with some comments on it.

http://www.lifeway.net/

http://www.kefir.net/index.htm

Here is a link to the article on the worlds healthiest foods page about yogurt/dairy.

Yogurt

Yogurt, Specifically, Significantly Increases Fat Loss
Quote:
In just 3 months, 16 obese men and women on a reduced calorie diet that included three daily portions of yogurt lost 61% more fat and 81% more abdominal fat than 18 obese subjects assigned to a diet with the same number of calories but little or no dairy products and low amounts of calcium.

Not only did those in the yogurt group lose more fat, especially around their waistlines, but they also retained more lean, muscle tissue than subjects on the yoghurt-free diet.

How yogurt promotes fat loss while preserving muscle is still a matter of debate. It may be due to the fact that calcium reduces fat cells' ability to store fat, so cells burn more, and less is produced in the liver. Or, it may be due to the branched chain amino acids present in dairy products. Regardless, this study, published in the International Journal of Obesity, indicates that adding one or two servings of yogurt to your daily diet can help you maximize loss of fat and minimize loss of muscle-the optimal outcome for any diet.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

BlondeBlueEyedBeauty:

Glad you joined us! Are you following a certain diet or plan?

Jasmine31:

RE: Yogurt info

Wow. Those stats on weight loss in yogurt eaters vs. non-yogurt eaters are amazing!! Even tho the stats are for 3 servings a day of yogurt, it's easy to see how GREAT it is for weight loss & as a super healthy food. I will eat more yogurt.

Yesterday was OK calorie-wise. PMS cravings are not as bad.

I today, different route, longer I think. Must check mileage in the car. Walked more briskly with no pauses for dogs to sniff.

I need to walk more briskly and longer - now just 4 x a week for 20-30 minutes at a regular pace. Part of me can't imagine walking more often and at a faster rate ... but 6 weeks ago I couldn't imagine walking at my frequency and pace now.

Walking Results: My butt is noticeably higher and more shapely. Maybe even a little bit smaller
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone. Having a pretty good day. Worked an art fair all day and my feet are killing. Did not eat one piece of junk food there though. I've got almost 11,000 steps and about 1100 calories for the day along with 14 glasses of water. I'm getting in all the steps going to the bathroom.

Just yelled at my son. He is off to college in a week 1/2. He ordered a computer online today from Dell for $1700 with my credit card. That I understood. Okay the dumb part? It arrives 3 weeks after school starts!!!!!!UHHHHHHH!!! He got some stuff added on it and it will take longer. This is a kid who procrastinates on everything. All he needs is another excuse. Oh and he didn't even bother to get a printer with it! So I try calling Dell to cancel the order and can't get through. I am so frustrated with him. I don't know how he will survive away from home. Why does he wait til the last minute?????
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #7  
I AM healthy!

stopeating:

Is he taking it with him to college? I would be paranoid it would be stolen!

Ladiibbug:

Glad you liked the info. look around that site. It has alot of great info why certain fruits and veggies are so great for you and study's etc. I LOVE that site! Glad you are seeing results! My butt is definately alot smaller cause of all the walking and firmer and so are my legs. I would increase your walking time before your intensity.

I will chat later, need to get out for my walk.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #8  

It's a requirement that he have a lap top for college. Guess I'll have to wait til Monday to fix that mess and take him somewhere in town to make the purchase.

Okay went for a 3 mile walk this morning already and 4 glasses of water with 2 pieces of 40 calorie toast with some spray butter. Going to take a shower and run out to buy some rocks for our garden.

How's everyone doing this weekend?
Old 08-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #9  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Stopeating: That is ridiculous that it is gonna take 3 weeks. I ordered my computer from dell online, had the add ons put in I wanted and it still took under a week to get. I'm thinking it took like 3 days.

I have no phone. I do not really know why, but it is out and has been since Friday, so since we live in BFE where you only have dial-up, I have been MIA. I am using Sis4's computer and it is sslllooowww!

So I did 30 minutes swimming yesterday. This morning I did my C25K workout. Day 1 of week 4. Had to run for 3:00 and 5:00 intervals. The last interval was a b*tch! But I did it! ANd no shin pain! Shin-**** is over...I hope! I may do some more working out later. I need to get a few more minutes in to account for my slacking on exercise this week.

Weigh in yesterday was 214. Today was 215. Both down from last week's average of 216. Calories on Friday were about 1400, not sure yesterday but eating wasn't the best. I had cheeseburger and fries for lunch and had planned on a super light Dinner, but was at Sis2's and they had made homemade lasagna. Sorry but I couldn't refuse. I didn't over eat though, but still was probably over my calories. Will do better today!

Well I am off to do laundry! Love to all!
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #10  

Lodyangel - Sorry about the phone. I hate being disconnected. I was checking out the c25k program. I'm decently active, walking every day about 3 miles. I added a little running, about 1 block, walk 2 blocks. I'm up to about 8 blocks but not all together. Anyway that c25k looks hard to me. I'm struggling with what I'm doing and I'm not sure if I should try it? Is it a struggle?

My dh begged to go to Brann's today. Uh that is really really hard. But we went and I got a bowl of chili with no cheese and a plain baked potato. I poured the chili into the potato. I also did not eat any of their oh my gosh going to die delicious rolls. Not too bad. I have over 11,000 steps on my pedometer and still hours to go!
Old 08-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/189/150

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone! Didn't have a great weekend - there was a barbecue and an arbys run, but I managed to keep cals around 2000, which according to fitday still isn't too bad. So, I'm going to take all your advice, and not beat myself up for it! I'll get back on calorie track this week. Aiming for about 1200 calories tomorrow. I think I should do just fine...

Good luck with your weeks, ladies!
ReddyToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:03 AM   #12  
I AM healthy!

Reddy:

Yep just pick up where you left off!

Okay so I got to get all the kids to school today and its freshman orientation today. uuughghhhh.

NO TIME for a walk this a.m.! I am sad about that.

I will try to do it tonite!
Old 08-13-2007, 12:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Well good morning girls!

I had a really really oh so really bad eating weekend. As a matter of fact, I probably ate my entire months points just Saturday and Sunday. LOL

I'm not too worried however. I am still feeling pretty good about myself.

I haven't used the gym since Thursday but I'm ok, gym night is tonight and I plan on at minimum an hour. My husband has really (I hate to admit) drug me down in time, since he can't last as long as I can there. I just want to keep going and he's really bad about being impatient once he's finished working out. I can easily do an hour, it makes me feel good. I still want to do my half hour each on the elliptical and treadmill, I want to start using the crunch machine tonight, too.

Have a super day..
Love,
Mimi
SD Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #14  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Talking It's only Monday!

Stopeating: I wouldn't say the C25K is a struggle...more like a challenge. It can be hard, but if you are running some already I bet you could do it. You also have the option of repeating weeks if something is a little tough. It is a go-at-your-own-pace program. I actually repeated week 2 but haven't had to repeat any since then. Running is 90% your head, 10% your body. If you believe you can do it...you can. If I were you I would give it a try. It is worth the effort. My body is literally being reshaped, and I have said all along that nothing will get you in shape quicker then running. I should also mention that I have arthritis and fibromyalgia. If I can do it anyone can.
Congrats on all those steps!

Mimi: Men are so impatient aren't they!?! I would try to ditch him some so I could do my workout without him sighing near me!

Still no phone. I hope when I get home that it is fixed.

I was suppose to get up early this morning and go workout...but you guessed it. I didn't make it out of bed in time. I am not too upset though. Today was just a walk day-no running, which is probably why I found it easier to blow off. Tomorrow morning I guarantee I will be up and out the door by 6:00. Tomorrow is a run day and I am craving the challenge. So tonight I will go home and work out. Probably some Denise Austin core workouts and Yoga and maybe some walking or cycling late.

Weight this AM was 214. So far I am averaging another 2 pound loss this week.

Here's my progress on my August exercise goal.

So far I am about half way through the goal. Jasmine is kicking my butt on exercise so far!

I overate a tad at lunch, but will make up for it at Dinner. I wil make salisbury Steak (which I hate) for the kids and I will eat a salad. I was starving today, which I think led to my inability to stop feeding myself. I don't think I got enough calories yesterday. All I ate was a SB chicken salad kit (290 cal), a WW toffee ice cream, and dinner was a plate of whole wheat spaghetti. I also am concentrating on drinking enough water. I got a teensy bit light headed on Sunday when I ran. Nothing reallty to worry about, just enough that I noticed. I didn't even sit down or anything and it passed rather quickly. Of course it was 80 degrees and humid, but I still think it probably had to do with my not drinking enough. So today I am packing a liter of Evian and have just about finished it. Then I will start on another. I want to be properly hydrated for my run tomorrow!

Well off to finish up here at work. Hope all is well with everyone!
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

I had a Slim Fast shake and a packet of tuna for lunch. It was just filling enough and gives me enough protein to get through until my next shake.

Tonight...... grilled chicken and veggies.. I just don't know in which way to cook them yet.

Hugs....
SD Gal is offline   Reply With Quote