What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):

What's your healthy New Years goal?:
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:50 AM   #2  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 202.2

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): Not good! I decided to take the week off from exercise. Time to get back on track.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): This week I won't be easily discouraged, and I'll exercise 5 times per week. Cutting back to 5, at least for now, until I can make this a habit.

What's your healthy New Years goal?: I've heard that setting goals 3 - 12 months off is very important in keeping yourself motivated and on track. So, by the end of this year I want to be in the 180's, and wearing smaller clothing (size 14, I hope!).
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #3  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): Somewhere around 201. I'm not going to weigh in until the 24th! Hide the scale!

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I think it was to break 199. I got close, but I didn't eat so well yesterday. That's ok, though. I only ate after 7 p.m. once last week - yay!

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Don't check the scale, get in at least 45 minutes exercise 5 days this week. Don't get derailed when my in-laws come this weekend.

What's your healthy New Years goal?: Make exercise a daily habit!
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:44 PM   #4  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 193.5, but I am too stubborn to change my ticker.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): Terrible.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): STAY ON PLAN lol.

What's your healthy New Years goal? 155 pounds.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #5  
finding me again

S/C/G: 236/235/130

Height: 5'4"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): around 200

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): loose poundage.... not so good, but recovering from a bump up.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): no drive through at lunchtime.

What's your healthy New Years goal?: obviously to loose some of myself. would like to be around 150. most importantly.... would like a better attitude about myself. I would like to find the power to be happy with myself, no matter what the bleeping scale says.

Sending to all my fat chicks!!!!!
Sonie
sonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #6  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Hi everyone! Hope your week is off to a good start.

Dh and I got in an hour-long hike yesterday, despite my complaining that it was too hot outside. Then he tried to tempt me with Dairy Queen! I actually still had about 400 calories left for the day, so I got a small ice cream. Yay!

Is anyone going back to school this week or have kids that are going back to school? I am starting my second-to-last semester of grad school next week. I am so ready to be done!

I am leaning more towards the hiking rather than going to the gym lately. When I hike, I forget about the time. It seems like when I'm at the gym, all I can focus on is how much time I have left before I can quit!

How is everyone else doing? I was tempted to peek at the scale this morning, but I resisted!
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:42 AM   #7  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):182 - weigh in on thursday . I have resisted the urge to step on the scales everytime I pass by it!

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):Horrible! I only exercised 2 times

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Exercise at least 5 times. No excuses!

What's your healthy New Years goal?: To be at 150 pounds or less. And a single digit clothes size!
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #8  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 209.5 (up after last week's stressful conference away from home)

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I don't even remember if I HAD a goal last week!

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Back on track, no eating after 9PM, logging in Fitday, a few pounds down by next Monday.

What's your healthy New Years goal?: To just be overweight (BMI<30) vs. obese.

Thanks to Ethereal for keeping our thread going!

I worked 14-hour days, ate when I could get a chance, didn't exercise, and was stressed beyond belief. Add to that it's THAT T-O-M this week, and you get 3.5+. Ugh. Back on the horse! I'm driving with my boss to a meeting about an hour away tomorrow. I plan to talk with him about adjusting my hours so I can get in my exercise during the work week and not have to try to squeeze it in in the evenings when I'd much rather hang with my DS.
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:58 PM   #9  
finding me again

S/C/G: 236/235/130

Height: 5'4"

2 fat~ I am getting ready for more school. I am on my 5th semester and ready to finish my 2nd Assoc. degree. (I can't decide what to be when I grow up.) Anyway, I am butt deep in paper work and finacial aid forms. YIKES My little ones start back the first week of Sept. So in all my spare time, I will be shopping for thier school clothes and supplies, while scraping together money for my texts and fees. fun..fun.. All this will take place around the usual house work, my full time job and the kids will be starting sports again soon. whoo... hooo. I am the only mom at football games breaking down notes. hehe

Sounds like everyone is on track this week. I have been doing good with choosing quality food over just quantity. I need to take my vitamins.. I am getting really tired around 7 pm or so and need a bit of omph to take care of the loose ends. (or if I want some time w/ the hubby.)

Got to run cook up something for the family for dinner. Maybe tonight someone will eat some of it. LOL

Sonie
sonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:31 PM   #10  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Ethereal - great goal, I bet you will BEAT that New Years goal !
2Fat - glad you are still hiding the scale! Me too.
Sonie - great goals. I wish I could be happy with myself no matter what the scale says. But the vision in the mirror just brings me down (self-esteem issues). Then again when I weighed 105 in high school I also had self-esteem issues!
Katallan - single digits? They make single digit clothing? LOL, that will be day when I'm an 8 again. Did anyone see Oprah where they had women who looked SO young but they were all about 50 or older? There is a link to it from the MSN home page.
Queen Jane - no excuses, good one. Me too. This past weekend we ate out and I ordered a turkeyBLT on a croisant with bottomless fries. I don't know when I eat out that I can not order from the healthy side of the menu. I always figure eating out is a great treat so if I work hard I should order what I want. But I need to change that.
Sonie - speaking of cooking something up for the family I have spent the last few days writing down recipes. I have a zillion cookbooks but don't really cook dinner But now I want to start planning their meals and hopefully the entire family can eat the same thing for dinner. My kids eat many frozen entrees for dinner (Husband is a food scientist so I can't argue that it is bad for them)...howver I just recenlty learned that my husband would like it if I actually COOKED a home made meal. So that is a plan for me. I'd like to go 3 weeks without repeating the same dinner.
sockmonkey - you said it -- STAY ON THE PLAN. Me too. Looks like I'm just copying everyones ideas!
I came down with the worlds WORST bladder infection on Friday. Went to a walk in clinic, then on Monday went to a urologist, then late Monday night, Tuesday morning @ 1AM had to wake up the hubby and kids and go to ER until 6AM, I was in bed ALL day yesterday and am still groggy today. No workouts for a few days...but I bet I've lost just because I'm not eating anything. Sort of cheating isn't it? Shoot, I shouldn't have told! LOL
HIDE THOSE SCALES!!!!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:22 PM   #11  
I have less blubber!

I already failed the scale challenge! I just had a feeling I would have a loss today, and wah lah, down 1.2 pounds. So I am happy to see the loss, but disapointed in my lack of discipline.

2Fat I go back to school Monday. I am dreading it yet excited at the same time. I am finishing up my Bach. degree in Graphic Design, as well as some classes for my Nursing degree. I am going to be so sad to say goodbye ot all of my friends in the art department

queenjane it sounds like you are having a rough time of it! That sounds like a terrible workday! I hope things get better for you

sonie I totally relate..I had such a tough time choosing a major...I went from Pre-Med (biology) to Nursing to Graphic Design, and then decided to get my Nursing AS at the same time. It is such an important decision, I might as well have two options hehe.

2Bthin I am so sorry about that bldder infection! I use to get them when I was younger and one time it spread from my bladder to my kidneys and I was in the hospital a week. I am no longer allowed to drink carbonated beverages more than once a day, and it seems to have done the trick (I used to be a coke junkie..but atleast I already had the drinking lots of water part down before I started dieting LOL) Anyway, I know how painful and uncomfortable they can be so I Hope you get well soon!!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #12  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Whew! I think life is going to slow down now. I've been out of the office in meetings every day this week (and as you know I was away last week). Discussion with the boss went well, so I should be getting into a good routine with working out during working hours soon. I am looking forward to re-connecting with this group to help keep me focused on my big goal of getting rid of my big behind!
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:04 PM   #13  
katallan

Queenjane - glad to see you back! Sorry you had such a stressful time last week.

Sockmonkey - Isn't our addication to the scales horrible! I just have to see what I weigh and then I'm usually not happy! Tomorrow is my weigh in day at the doctors office.

2B - How horrible! Bladder infections are the worst. Then to have an ER trip too?!

And yes, they do make single digit clothes!!!!! I haven't worn them in a long time, but I am confident they are still around!

sonie - School work ....YUCK! One degree would be enough for me

Hope everyone has had a wonderful day today and stayed on plan!

I have got to get some exercise time in tonight although with the temperature reaching 108 today it will have to be inside!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:53 AM   #14  
katallan

2B hang in there! Keep drinking lots of water and cranberry juice. That always helps me when I have an infection. I don't know what the name of the pill is, but the last time I went to the doctor he gave me a pill that made me p blue! It knocked out the pain and helped with the frequency while the antibiotic kicked in.

Hope everyone else is doing OK this morning. I'm off to the doctors office to weigh in this morning. Will report back soon!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:01 PM   #15  
I have less blubber!

Hello Laaaaaaaaadies! What a wonderful day is today.

I am super excited because I got the first good haircut I have had...well...in years..My head feels lighter, the split ends are gone! Getting a haircut is almost as rejuvenating as seeing the scale move! I suggest you all go get pampered! It felt good.

Hope all is well with you ladies.

for everyone!