Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Weight Loss and Chitchat #263

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:00 PM   #2  

Hello girls...

Just a quicky from me as I am tired. We just spent the day up Bohemia Mountain and did some hiking. It was a gorgeous day and perfect weather...not too hot, and not cold at all.

I have photos so I'll share some when I get a chance to upload to photobucket.

For now, I'm going to take a nap.

But before I go.....Big hug to Jules! Missed ya!!

I'll catch up later.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:11 PM   #3  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good night ladies....Quick check in to say hi. I did 5 miles riding today and a 1 mile WATP plus the stepper. WI tomorrow....ugh!

Tammy- Thanks for the "Bikerchick" moniker....I am even getting ready to set up a blog with that title. It just really made me smile when you mentioned it.

I am going to try to figure out the blog thing so I can write there when I feel the need to talk..talk..and talk more.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:58 AM   #4  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

how did we go from 262 to 267?

Nothing new on this end.....just hung around the house and did some stuff around here. trying to think of what is coming this week....but I can't think of anything big. Oh. my sister is getting married on Tuesday.. and then we go on Saturday to their wedding reception/open house/our niece's birthday party on Saturday. Before that we go to another friend's wedding shower...and I think that is it.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:35 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommysgirl18 View Post
how did we go from 262 to 267?
Oops. That was because I was tired.

All fixed!! Thanks Mindee!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:56 AM   #6  

Marti~ I just read my post, and I didn't mean to sound rude or anything. If it came across that way, I am sorry. I have had plenty of days when I was tired and tried to type something and my fingers didn't want to cooperate with me.

I forgot to mention, Sunday morning I got a rude awakening. I was just getting ready to get Marissa out of her bed and feed her, when Brandon decided that he was going to throw a fit. I didn't move fast enough, and he kicked me in my eye. It feels like my left eye is sunk in kind of, but hey at least I can still see....thankfully he had socks on, so his toes were covered. (he tends to have long toe nails since he won't let me cut them that often)
Old 08-13-2007, 09:57 AM   #7  

Not a problem Mindee...I didn't think you were rude at all! So once again thank you.

I got up early 6:15, getting ready for our hike on Diamond Peak.

http://physics.uoregon.edu/~belitz/d...iamond_pk.html

It's definitely an all day hike so........that's what I'll be doing today.

Crazy eh?

I'll tell ya all about it when we get back. You all have a great Monday.

Hugs to all!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Happy Monday morning to all. I hope it is sunny in your neck of the woods. It is nice and breezy here, but still plenty warm. Just not as humid, thank goodness. I rode 2 miles and came in for a breakfast of cereal with skim milk and a bowl of watermelon.
WI was the SAME. Un-real.
Going to see if I can figure out the blog thing.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Just saying hello. I've had the stomach flu, and although I'm better, I still feel fairly gnarly. I'll be back whenever. Hugs!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:28 PM   #10  
ugggg.....

Jane--sorry you are feeling bad !! I want you to know how much I appreciated your call. With all the stresses lately I have gained. I need to post for the accountability because when I don't I gain. I have gotten back into drinking soda again and that is one of my major downfalls. I had built up my water drinking to 8 to 10 glasses of water and now I am lucky if I drink one 16 oz. I should know by now that if I don't drink the water I don't keep the weight off.

Sue--good luck with the blog--wtg on all the good eating and bike riding--I know it's frustrating when the scale doesn't move but I bet your energy level is improving!!

Marti--good luck with the hike, when the weather cools down a little and humidity is lower hubby and I are talking about doing walks/hikes every Saturday again like we used to when the kids were younger. Gotta build up our energy for the grandboy!!

Mindee--OUCH!! It was a battle to cut Ryan's toenails, Teri chewed hers like her fingernails.

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:20 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

I rode 5 miles but food was not good at all. I kinda got a bad attitude when the scales didn't move. Ate a brownie and some Pringles...ugh! Okay, tonight I slapped myself around a little gave myself a pep talk and I am ready to get back to gettin' back.
I didn't do WATP or the stepper, but tomorrow is another day...and I am feeling better.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:27 AM   #12  

I forgot to mention the other day, that we weighed Marissa on my mom's baby scale. She was 13 pounds 2.5 ounces on Saturday.

Jane~ I hope you feel better soon!

Marti~ I can't wait to hear how your hike went!

Sue~ Great job on the riding! I had fruit for breakfast with the kids Monday morning as well.

Jules~ Brandon will let me cut his toe nails now, before he used to chew them. Logan is a struggle to trim his toe nails, it usually takes me holding him in my lap with Tommy helping me by holding either his upper body so he won't hit me or his lower body so he won't kick me while I trim his finger nails. BUT....if I sing "where is thumbkin?" while I cut their nails, they won't give me a hassle.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:20 AM   #13  

Hello ladies....

I thought I would pop in before heading off to bed. The hike was amazing....but I started to feel bad before we even started. (doesn't help that TOM is here....always during vacation right?) Started to get a little headachey.... we hiked for 2hrs to get to this secluded lake to swim. Stayed there for an hour or so.....I started to get really nauseous and had to get out of the water and my head started to throb like mad.

We had a 2hr hike back to the truck and let me tell ya....the first three miles went rather quickly, but that last mile was the loooooongest mile I've ever walked. My poor hubby was so worried about me but I kept walking, maybe stopped here and there for a minute but just wanted to get to the truck. Boy was I happy to see it when we finally got to it. The road to get to the trails was so bumpy.....that it just made me feel worse. And by the time I got home....I got sick. Just couldn't hold it in any longer. How I managed to keep it in all those hours....I don't even know. But after that and a nap, I feel much better, but weak/tired.

What has me a little sad, is I didn't get pictures of the views like I wanted. I got a couple w/my DH swimming but that was it. I feel so bad. So tomorrow is a rest at home day to recoup. Wednesday we plan on going to the fair and then we'll see how we feel by Thursday.

And that's how the day went. Kind of disappointing but fun at the same time....if that's possible.

Ok...I'm off to bed. I need sleep. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be fine and dandy and wonder what the heck my problem was today?!

Chat w/you all later.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:39 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Good morning ladies,

Tammy - aww, sorry your dd is hurting right now, but she would be better off w/o the xf anyway, unless he can change. Yowza, were you able to freeze any of the food? We could've had a Jaded Lady meet-up at your house with all that food. Anyway, hugs to you and her, both. It's hard on us parents when our kids are hurting, isn't it? Btw, I love your house and your new curtains!

Marti - how're you feeling today? Hope you didn't get what I had, since I'd hate for you to be sick on your vacation.

Cristina - it's really cooled off here, (low 80's, with a good breeze) which means it probably cooled off for you sometime yesterday. Love weather like this! How's your soldier?

Sassy - so have you met the new neighbors yet?

Sue - we have woodpeckers around here, and I just love to watch them. Did you get your popcorn? Neal grows it, and the new batch is just now ready. Mmm... it's so tender and fresh!

Mindee - yay for Marissa's teeth! (Jackson is still working on his, but it's getting close.) Sorry her Godmother was so rude, especially considering this was a once-in-a-lifetime ceremony and celebration. Something tells me she'll never get the Godmother Of the Year award, lol.

PJ - is that photo from California?? It doesn't seem like Florida. Yes, I love the family trips best, too. All 14 of us are going to Florida in March, then we're going to a cool, huge cabin in Nashville IN for Father's Day.

Jules - yw for the call. Sorry for all the stress going on right now, but so happy to hear about the BOY ! And yep, we'll help keep you motivated.

Rennie - aww, I'd love to have a tame rabbit around here, but I've seem what my dog Molly does to the wild ones she catches. What's the bunny's name?

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I'm all better today, and feeling like my old self again. Jackson is in the hospital with the rotovirus, poor little guy, and I'm getting ready to go relieve Gina in a little while so she can go get a shower.

See you later!
Old 08-14-2007, 02:31 PM   #15  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Jane--So glad to see you are feeling better. Poor little Jackson with the rotovirus. We have runs (no pun intended) of rotovirus at the hospital usually late winter, early spring. You are a wonderful grandma for relieving his mom at the hospital. Just wash your hands good, it's highly contagious. Maybe you had a mild case of it yourself the other day? Yeah, wish we could have had a Jaded Ladies party. That would have been a blast! I took some food over to a pool party on sunday and froze some dishes to take to another pool party labor day weekend.

Jules--congrats on the grandson!! I'm sharing your worry about our daughters. It's hard when we feel like they have chosen the wrong significant other. If we complain too much it seems like it pushes them closer together. At the hospital that I work, we call them the FOB (father of the baby) and if they don't come through with emotional, financial and paternal support then we just call them sperm donors!

Marti--Sorry that your hiking trip was a little short lived. Do you think that maybe the altitude might have made you a little ill?

Sue--I hear ya on the overeating. I was so down on Sunday with the cancellation of the engagement party that I totally overate at a pool party. I took crab dip and spinach dip along with pecan bars and pigged out. After a few wine coolers, I was feeling pretty good.

Rennie--Your winter pic is similar to one that I see often on my computer. All of our downloaded pics show up as a screen saver and a winter scene will pop up usually on one of our hottest days.

Cristina--How's Josh? I'm going to VA to visit my son next week for 3 days. He still has to work but I'll be able to see him in the evenings for dinner and such. During the day we will visit Williamsburg and shop at the pottery, outlets and historic areas.

I've got a day off today and just got back from a haircut. Just gonna do a little housework and putting laundry away. Trying to get my water in. I am so not a drinker. It's a major chore to remember my water. But the scale has come to a halt and I need to drink the water and increase the exercise to jump start this plateau.

Thanks for all the well wishes and understanding about my disappointment with my daughter's engagement party. My dd is claiming that they are trying to work things out but I am less than optimistic. Whatever disagreement that they had should have been quietly dealt with between the two of them. But no, the ex-F had to cancel the party and announce to the world what a smuck he is. He has gone from a very likeable guy to the last guy that anyone wants to believe in among my family and friends. I've told my dd that it will take a very long time for us to ever trust him. I asked my dd to ask him how he would feel to have to put up all the $$ for downpayments for the reception, photographer, DJ and such and then sign a contract saying that if he doesn't show at the wedding that he would be responsible financially for everything. That just might be the deal breaker. I can be a tough cookie when I want to be!!

Oh, and another thanks for your positive comments on my decorating. I hang out on the HGTV decorating site sometimes and get some good ideas there. But there are days that people can get a little too opinionated there and they tempers will fly. I don't get into it but the drama is good reading!

Well, gonna finish watching Days of our Lives and drink some more water!!
Closed Thread