General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-12-2007, 10:40 PM   #1  

Default Meteor Shower Tonight

For those of you who may be interested, the Perseid Meteor Shower is tonight. There's a link on yahoo's home page to an article about it.

Its supposed to be starting around 8pm EST, but get really big and exciting after midnight...

Just thought I'd share.

I'm planning to go to the Fire Tower with some friends after work to see if I can catch a glimps of it. I hope I can see some of it, I've never seen a meteor shower, I think it would be awesome!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

My husband and I watched it last night around 2:30am (just in our yard, actually lying on our backs on the deck). We saw about 7-8 in about 15 minutes. I don't think I'll be able to stay up tonight, but it should be great (better tonight than last). Enjoy!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:00 AM   #3  
Reluctant Adult

I may stay up and watch it... we live out in the country, it's a very dark night and the viewing should be spectacular!!

A few years ago (2002, if I remember correctly), I happened to awaken around 2:30 a.m. and was unable to get back to sleep. I wandered out onto the balcony of our house because I remembered the Leonid meteor shower was happening. Decided I'd go back to bed after I'd seen 100 meteors... it took less than an hour!! An utterly incandescent experience, one I'll never forget. Hope you see as many, too!!

All the best, Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I wonder if I saw a late one...this morning during my run I saw a HUGE meteor (5 :15 am)
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

So cool!!!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

We stopped last night (Monday night) at the park and saw a bunch. Very cool...
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:05 PM   #7  
Addicted to potato salad!

By the way...did you guys know that in some areas, you can see the international space station go overhead? It looks like a star gliding across the sky. If you go to www.heavens-above.com it tells more about it. Check it out!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote