What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):

What have you learned so far in your weightloss journeys:
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 193.5

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): Just my usual calorie goals and exercise. Did well with my calories, but missed a day of exercise.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Not to have an "off" day

What have you learned so far in your weightloss journeys: That anything is possible, no matter how improbable.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 215 (-2)

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I was out of town, but my goal if you can call it that was to not gain too much.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): less computer time (sitting on my butt, getting snacky) & more activity

What have you learned so far in your weightloss journeys: That weight loss doesn't always fit into a formula, however keeping at it will eventually bring results.
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:12 PM   #4  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for starting the thread, Mary. We were unexpectedly busy at work today and I didn't have time to even log on to the site! I apologize.

What's your weigh-in: 206 (up 3 lbs)

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I met my goal of exercise 6 out of 7 days. 3 days I did 35 - 45 minutes of cardio, and the other 3 I did 25 minutes of weights and 20 minutes of interval cardio.

What's your goal this week: Same as last week - 6 days of exercise. This time, however, I apparently have to add that downward movement on the scale is a requirement!

What have you learned so far in your weightloss journey: Changing your life to a healthier one isn't as painful (and unflavorful!) as I'd always assumed.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:39 AM   #5  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 202 (up 2 lbs). - I think from my weekend of self-indulgence.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I did pretty well not eating after 7, I think I made it 4/7 days which is huge for me. But I'm realizing that it's not so much the snacking after 7 than eating between 3-5:30 (when I get off work and when we eat dinner). I need to stop snacking so much after work.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): No snacking between after work and dinner time. I brought snacks with me that I can eat at work before I go home in hopes of trying to curb my out of control eating behavior! Also get down to 199.

What have you learned so far in your weightloss journeys: That I don't need to deprive myself of certain foods because it only sets me up for failure. I can enjoy the food I love in moderation - now I just need to learn moderation!
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #6  
I have less blubber!

LOL Anna. Moderation gets easier I PROMISE!
Old 08-08-2007, 12:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

Hmmm, I wonder where everyone is?
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:14 AM   #8  
Am I there yet?

I'm here, I'm here! Work has been kind of busy. I am also starting on a new birth control pill (Yaz) and it's been messing with me... I've been teary, sad, and a bit anxious this week, but hopefully soon it'll pass.

Well I got a pound off already from my weekend indulgence, but I'm still frustrated because I'm pretty much back where I started. I feel like saying "but I've been to this number before!" It doesn't seem fair, haha. I'm really struggling this week, though. I just feel like giving up. A coworker wanted me to go to Wendy's with her yesterday, and I did turn it down and went to the gym instead, but it was really hard. Sometimes it just seems so much easier to stay fat!
Old 08-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #9  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone!

Sorry I was absent yesterday. I had a checkup at the doctor's office. My blood pressure seems to be getting lower as my weight decreases. But it is still high. Hopefully the next 20 pounds will get it into a normal range!

As for the scales, the official doctor's scales say I am down to 182 I just hope this steady weight loss continues! I do not handle plateaus very well!

Now for the stats :

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 182

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): Exercise - I did good! Menu planning did well 5 out of 7 days.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Exercise more than 4 times this week. Get my hair and nails done! I think I deserve a reward (Plus the gray is really starting to show and the color job is way past due! )

What have you learned so far in your weightloss journeys: I can control my emotions and not let them push me into a food binge! I can eat healthy and include a few indulgences and not throw myself off the wagon!

Here's to having a great day!
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #10  
Am I there yet?

Way to go, katallan! At least your blood pressure is getting lower and not higher..that's something to be proud of!

Well yesterday was almost a blowout for me.... we went to Schlotzky's for dinner and I ended up ordering one of their gourmet pizzas, though I didn't eat all of it, which is a good accomplisment. Afterwards, DH and I went on a 1.5 hr-long hike which burned off that pizza! I was extremely sore when we got home, but I am down another .2 lb this morning. Somehow I stayed within my calorie range yesterday.

How is everyone else doing? Tomorrow's Friday... Anyone have any big plans for the weekend?
Old 08-09-2007, 10:12 AM   #11  
I can do it !!!!

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): Still not looking, sorry.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):
Didn't do so well. The last 2 weeks either we've been out of town or someone has been here. Then I had 5 days all to myself in the house which was depressing I was not motivated to do anything.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Water, water and more water.

What have you learned so far in your weightloss journeys:
I have learned that I always think I can put things off until tomorrow. I am not putting in 100% effort. I am not putting myself first in my life. I have a new Dr appt for next week with a long list of questions. So what have I learned? I've learned that this will be hard work, it's not easy for anyone. I have learned to step up and take better care of myself, not just for my kids but for MYSELF.
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:26 AM   #12  
finding me again

S/C/G: 236/235/130

Height: 5'4"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 203 (went up!) YIKES

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): not so good w/ no soda. I have decided that diet is okay, and only one a day. Now I need to get away from the wine coolers and popcicles.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): loose a couple pounds.

What have you learned so far in your weightloss journeys: it is alot easier to gain, than to loose.

Sorry I have been slacking in the posting. It sounds like everyone is doing great with their workouts. WTG!!!

I spent all last weekend paining the inside of my house and I still not done. (I am so sore.) Have a big get together this weekend, so I need to get it completed. Saturday night, my legs were having muscle spasims and I was thinking.....hmmm... if I could train my brain to do this, I could work out in my sleep. hehe

I am trying to take my multi-vit every day and now that the weather is cooling off, walking w/ my kiddos and dogs everynight. The full time job is taking away alot of free time, so I am not making it to the gym. (But need too.)

2fat~ it is way easier to stay overweight.... but think how great all that "junk" food will taste when you can eat it w/o the guilt. Stay strong.

2b~ Great mind set. We do so much for everyone else... it is easy to not take care of us.

katallan~ Great plan. maybe there should be little rewards at the end of each week for when we stay focused.

sockmonkey~ Hey girl... need a new connection w/ your traveling pants. How is that going?

Happy Wednessday! ~Sonie
sonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:46 PM   #13  
I have less blubber!

I don't know what happened to the traveling pants. People seemed so interested and then it just kind of disappeared
Old 08-09-2007, 03:30 PM   #14  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Afternoon everyone!

Our little group seems to be getting smaller! We want our weight to get smaller, not the group! Hopefully everyone is just too busy to post or out of town!

For those of you that are here -

Sonie - Glad to see you! Painting does give you a workout. I liked the part about working out in my sleep! I think we all wish we could do that!

2fat - Don't give up! I know it is hard but you can do it! I feel so much better since I am 20 pounds lighter. Fitday realy makes me keep up with my calories. Just the thought of posting that I ate more than my 1600 calories keeps me from a major binge. I have gone over, but nothing major. Are you journaling?

2B - I got to this point when the dr. told me how high my blood pressure was. I go in two weeks to get my blood work done. ( yes I have put that off too) I bought a t-shirt the other day that says "It's all about me". I think sometimes we forget about ourselves and focus on everyone else in our life.

sockmonkey - sorry the traveling pants hasn't worked out.

Later!
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:26 PM   #15  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

I'm here, but a bit despondant due to working so hard last week and then gaining a lot of weight. Very bad timing with the TOM, it hit me with a masterful stroke that really brought me down the last few days. I went from 203 last Monday to 206 this Monday, after exercising 6 days and eating less than 1500 calories per day.

Today I'm down to 201.6, but it doesn't feel like it. I haven't exercised once this week due to letting the weight gain get to me; I've convinced myself to take one week off from scheduled exercise for an attitude adjustment, to give myself a break because I was expecting too much from last week. I need exercise to be a habit, not something I NEED to see immediate results from. I also think my muscles could use a small break - they are still sore if I stretch them, due to the weight training I think.

Another blow to my will to exercise is that I've gotten more interested in the Long Hair Forum than 3FC (awful, I know!), so the motivation I get from this site has waned. I hope this is just temporary, because I love the community and the amount of support to be found here, as well as the feeling I get helping others out. My diet is still spot-on, thanks to FitDay. Phew.

I hope I can be back and supportive to everything you all are going through, soon. As down and distant as I am, I'm still excited about starting this semester at college with you all with me, as I've never dieted/exercised in all the (many) years I've attended college. It will be such a wonderful change, and I can't think of any other people I'd rather share it with.

Stay with us! This is a great group, and I know we can all really help each other through this new lifestyle adjustment period. In a few months we'll be sharing before-and-after photos and laughing at how hard it used to be, well on our way. I know it.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote