Old 08-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #1  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Default New to LAWL - Introduction LONG!

Hi everyone! How encouraging to read everyone's success stories and helpful advice! I'm looking forward to being a part of this community.

I joined LAWL and started with TakeOff on 7/30. Since the 30th, I've lost 4.8 lbs! I'm on the Purple Plan (daily menu plan 2) with 2 LA Lites per day plus VitaMax Advanced, Chewable Calcium and Enhance 750. I've got 20 weeks of weight loss, 6 weeks stabilization and 52 weeks maintenance. It's orking so far, but to realize I've got 18 months is a little daunting. Of course, it's not just 18 months - it's the rest of my life, right?!

I have to weigh in in the evening - 6 PM or later - and fully dressed (of course!) That totally goes against everything I've done on all the other diets I've been on so I still weigh at home in the morning right after showering. I like those numbers a lot better, but I since I'm consistently weighing in at the center in the evenings, I'm sure it will all balance out. If nothing else, I know in my mind that I really weigh a couple pounds less than what the scale at the center shows.

My counselors so far have been helpful and I've learned something new from each one. They don't contradict each other, but instead share what has worked for them. Everybody has something different to bring to the table. Although every visit ends with some sort of special offer or another product available to buy, they know we dropped a fortune on this to start with and we're done buying. Each counselor has graciously accepted my refusal to buy with no additional pressure.

My DH has been very supportive (his words, not mine!) He's a lean, mean, fat-burning machine who can eat whatever he wants whenever he wants. He's very active, unlike me, so that probably plays a big part. Anyway, we've squabbled off and on during our 15 year marriage about my weight. I lose, I gain, I lose again, I gain more - same roller coaster everyone's on, I guess. I've lost track of the money we've spent on me "getting in shape" (he hasn't! ). LAWL is by far the most expensive! I'm counting on that 52 weeks of maintenance being the key for me though and that makes it worthwhile. I've got to make this my lifestyle, not my diet. He is good about asking each day how I'm doing, cheering me on when I weigh and eating what I'm eating when we dine together.

I've stayed perfect on plan so far. I know that I have to stick to the structure and guidelines to succeed. I think the support and advice on this forum will help a lot. Just knowing I can get questions answered and bounce ideas off you guys is helping already.

What do you all do for exercise? I try to walk some every day, but I know it's going to take more to make a difference. I'm looking into Jazzercise and wondered if anyone here does that. What other activities have worked for you?
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #2  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the board Heather. This site is a life saver. I have found more informaton and support here than at my COD. I love it here and the people are wonderful and always encouraging. Good Luck on your weight loss journey.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

Wink

I agree! You'll lots of ideas here! Remember this is a life-long thing...we are reprogramming our behaviors, not as easy as it sound!
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #4  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Heather....glad you found us. I'm sure you've figured out that the weekly losers thread is the "go to" place for our general chatter....and we like chatty people.

Exercise, in my opinion, is key to the overall healthy lifestyle journey you have chosen to follow. Whatever you decide to do, make sure you enjoy it since then you'll be most likely to stick with it. Walking is a great form of exercise; just make sure your pace is brisk and you are moving your arms...the whole idea is to get your heart rate up and keep it there for about 20 minutes. I love Jazzercise, but haven't done it since I already pay for a gym membership and I prefer to hit the gym early in the morning (5:30 AMish). In addition to your cardio walks, try to do some weight lifting every other day...do upper body one day; lower body another day...just keep alternating. There are lots of good websites that show you how to do different exercises. Again, make it fun and you'll stick with it.

Prove to your DH that you you can do this....but more importantly, do this for yourself and for your health. Believe me, the older you get the harder it is to take this weight off....stay strong!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:00 AM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Welcome TNHeather!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!! (do you guys know the dude that is about all of Adam Sandler's movies that says that......I think it is the duece bigalow guy.........anyway.......that is how I am trying to say, "you can do it!!!!"
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:23 AM   #6  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Welcome Heather!!!!
As you will find, this site is indeed a lifesaver! SO much real information, knowledge and ideas.

As for workouts I enjoy the gym and have incorporated weight machines into my workouts along with treadmill and the bike.
I recently have incorporated workout DVDs into my week. I LOVE THEM! I have the Biggest Loser II DVD which is awesome as well as Yoga Booty Ballet which is super fun. I found both at Target.
I have also done Curves in the past but moved up to Northern Ca and never re-joined. I really like it there.

Best of luck and stick with it!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #7  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Heather, you're doing great so far!

Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #8  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks for the encouraging words, ladies! I did Curves for a year and half and really liked it too. The one I went to didn't open until 8 AM though and I got tired of being late for work everyday to go. I really wish I was still a member because I had better muscle tone for that year and half than any other time in my life. Oh well, there are alternatives. Jazzercise is really big in my town - there's a facility just for Jazzercise (not just in a church or school auditorium like in most places) and they teach 32 classes a week starting at 5:30 AM. No excuses there, huh?!

Nicole - "You can do it!" is from The Water Boy. At least that's where I know it from. I knew exactly how that should sound as we say it all the time too!
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #9  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

oh, heather........you are going to get along just great here.....LOL!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:13 PM   #10  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Isn't really, "You Can do it, You can do it all night long!"
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote