Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 08-07-2007, 11:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/141

Height: 5'2"

Default How do you deal with the hanging belly?

Oh, and how much of the best belly exercises you did each day? Thank you so much for sharing this information with me.

Last edited by Linnytunes; 11-23-2008 at 09:14 PM. Reason: didn't like it
Linnytunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8

i know what you mean.. i thought the same thing but from what ive seen in my family.. at least in those who have had babies.. that "pouch" never goes away unless well plastic surgery comes into play. i wish i knew more but like you, i lost weight and now i have this bodie that was once "full".. become "saggy" all over, like i was drained. i can only hope for the best once my weight loss is over with at my final goal of 130.. but then again there is always surgery like i said and no u dont have to have tons of money, they do offer plans.
pinupdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:50 AM   #3  
ChubbyBee

S/C/G: 270/270/199

Height: 5'2

Default sagging belly

congratulations Linny and pinup on your weight loss! you're both an inspiration. =)

as for the saggy skin, like pinup said, it might require a bit of surgery later on to get rid of it completely. a close friend of mine swears by a certain exercise she uses to help her sagging belly. it's a floor exercise that she calls reverse sit ups. she lifts her legs about five inches off of the floor, and slowly brings her legs upward. she does it quite a bit, and says her stomach feels tighter at the bottom...not so much the skin, but the muscles underneath. i've tried it myself, but i wasn't able to do very many before i got tired.

good luck! and have a blessed day...
c.
bumbleebee is offline   Reply With Quote