Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 12:01 PM   #7
glynne
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi,

I'm Gayle. I have been coming to 3FC for a long time now. (Mom saw it mentioned in the supplement to the Sunday paper and told me about it ~ I was hooked and have been coming here ever since.)

Stuff about me.

Personal: I'm 58 now. I'll be married 38 years in December (2014) to Steve. We have 3 kids ~ Jason-36, Sara-32, Jennifer-31. Jason and Sara live here in Houston ~ right around the corner from us ~ so I am a down the street grandma like my grandma was, and I love getting to see my grandkids and spend time with them. Jennifer lives in NC, so sadly, we don't get to see her family as often as I wish we could. We have one grandson-Corbin-16 yrs old, and two little granddaughters Madison (Maddie) 6 years old and Evie, 3 years old. And one more on the way. One kitty-Meso. I live in Houston, Texas now ~ moved here in December of 2006 to be able to enjoy my grandchildren. I was born and grew up in Ohio, but then have lived in various places (Maine, Missouri and North Carolina) because of my husband's job. I am a nurse and then took a job as the unit secretary ~ worked at a local hospital. Lost my job in August. I like reading (mysteries-The Cat Who.....series, and the Southern Sisters mysteries), sewing, craft things. I really like the computer/internet-I confess I have turned into a junkie . I like movies and TV shows-comedies-light fun stuff. Music-most kinds.

Diet/Exercise: What I am doing right now is eating proteins, fruits and vegies ~ trying to stay away from wheats, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, cookies, chips, cake, candy ~ sweets unless it is fruit. With diabetes now, this seems to be working. Exercise ~ I like to walk, but because of sciatic pain, it is not very enjoyable. I mostly ride my bike a granny bike (one of those three wheeled kind) now, sometimes if the weather is bad, I walk indoors on the treadmill. In the summer, we go to the community pool a lot ~ I love the water.

Special hopes/aspirations: I guess to keep trying at this weight loss and not give up. I am almost retired now and hoping for good health so I can enjoy life.

Nobody can force you to have a certain attitude. But life will go so much better if you will simply choose to be positive. When you wake up, choose to be happy. Choose to be grateful for the day. (Joel Osteen)

Last edited by glynne : 01-06-2014 at 09:41 AM.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote