Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 12:01 PM   #7
glynne
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Hi,

I'm Gayle. I have been coming to 3FC for a long time now. (Mom saw it mentioned in the supplement to the Sunday paper and told me about it ~ I was hooked and have been coming here ever since.)

Stuff about me.

Personal: I'm 58 now. I'll be married 38 years in December (2014) to Steve. We have 3 kids ~ Jason-36, Sara-32, Jennifer-31. Jason and Sara live here in Houston ~ right around the corner from us ~ so I am a down the street grandma like my grandma was, and I love getting to see my grandkids and spend time with them. Jennifer lives in NC, so sadly, we don't get to see her family as often as I wish we could. We have one grandson-Corbin-16 yrs old, and two little granddaughters Madison (Maddie) 6 years old and Evie, 3 years old. And one more on the way. One kitty-Meso. I live in Houston, Texas now ~ moved here in December of 2006 to be able to enjoy my grandchildren. I was born and grew up in Ohio, but then have lived in various places (Maine, Missouri and North Carolina) because of my husband's job. I am a nurse and then took a job as the unit secretary ~ worked at a local hospital. Lost my job in August. I like reading (mysteries-The Cat Who.....series, and the Southern Sisters mysteries), sewing, craft things. I really like the computer/internet-I confess I have turned into a junkie . I like movies and TV shows-comedies-light fun stuff. Music-most kinds.

Diet/Exercise: What I am doing right now is eating proteins, fruits and vegies ~ trying to stay away from wheats, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, cookies, chips, cake, candy ~ sweets unless it is fruit. With diabetes now, this seems to be working. Exercise ~ I like to walk, but because of sciatic pain, it is not very enjoyable. I mostly ride my bike a granny bike (one of those three wheeled kind) now, sometimes if the weather is bad, I walk indoors on the treadmill. In the summer, we go to the community pool a lot ~ I love the water.

Special hopes/aspirations: I guess to keep trying at this weight loss and not give up. I am almost retired now and hoping for good health so I can enjoy life.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Last edited by glynne : 01-06-2014 at 09:41 AM.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote