Old 08-06-2007, 12:00 PM   #1  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Sort of a Weekly Chat, 8/6-8/12

Good morning! It IS still morning here in California. And a glorious morning it is, too. I sit here at my desk looking out over Boggs Forest, in the morning sunshine. Fabulous.

I was starving on Saturday and Sunday, for some reason. This is the first time this has happened in almost 3 mos. of Atkins. There must have been a reason. So I took some advice I've read here recently, and fed the hunger, so I wouldn't spin out of control later. I wasn't awful, or anything, but I did break Induction: I had 25g carbohydrates, 1800 calories, followed by 22g/1660cal yesterday. I suspect this may have to do with my increased exercise and a simple need for calories. I've been averaging 16g/1400cal up to now.

During my hungry weekend I made the crustless quiche out of the Atkins book (yum, and extremely filling), and a pkg of low-carb honey-bran muffins (11g carb/7g fiber ea) and had two of them last night and one for breakfast this morning.

I don't do well when I'm fighting hunger, so I want to avoid that. I'm thinking that it may be time for OWL. Not a huge increase in carbs, or anything, just make sure I get 1500-1600 cal/day and maybe 20-25g carb. I have not worried about being under 20g, and maybe it's time to be a little more generous with myself, and aim for at least 20g and no more than 25, until I see what happens. And those muffins were so good, I think I'll experiment with low-carb breadlike things too (carb-smart tortillas come to mind -- wraps, yum!).

I'm a little scared to be fooling with what so far has been successful, but I think I'm not eating enough to stave off real hunger. What's been y'all's experience with this?
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

))))Bumping up Bouncing(((((((

We made a Chat Thread at the same time!

Tried to get mine to delete and screwed it up royally.

Be back in a second . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

good morning - so far i had an egg, 1/2 a cup of coffee w 1/2 & 1/2 and a low carb yogurt, lunch i having am leftovers from last night - about 14 carbs total.

I am just so frustrated that i cant weigh myself! its overtaking me! well not really but its annoying that i have to wait another wk.

I am so addicted to fage yogurt its not even funny - so i am thinking i should avoid it for a few days...until i know i am back on ketosis - how many grams of carbs does it take to remain in ketosis anyone know? i heard it was under 90

Last edited by chickadee315; 08-06-2007 at 01:45 PM.
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

Sorry for the confusion All . . . could't find a way to delete the other Thread so asked a Mod to do it.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

Soooooo, made myself some IMPROVED Revolution Rolls from Linda's LowCarb site - didn't have the right ingredients but just devoured instead of eating bread! w00t! Called for sour cream but I had to liquify some cream cheese instead and called for them to be baked on parchment paper and all I had was aluminum foil.

Soooooooo, they were kind of flat and also stuck to the foil - BUT- did the job nicely of allowing me to have a "sandwich" etc. Have more and more eggs on my grocery list (lots of whites in this recipe) and also p. paper, 'cause I'll definitely make these again.

Sooooooooo, went to a farmers market and have some Induction friendly fresh veggies on hand for the week - also going to make it a point to get more chicken 'n fish into the menu's. Fallen into a red-meat-rut, I think?

How is everyone doing?

Got a lot of water in here over the weekend - just SWELTERING here in MO . . . no exercise to speak of (except cleaning the garage) but have stayed OP and ready to w/i tonight. Our hours have been moved up an hour so must start getting ready. DID get to see HP Order of Phoenix now that I finished Book 5 and really enjoyed. On a waiting list for #6.

Ready for a Great OP WEEK?????
Old 08-06-2007, 02:13 PM   #6  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Bouncing, I have a few days when I'm realy hungry to, You did great keeping your carbs low on those days, and you should definately feed the hunger and not worry about the calories.

Mornin' Aud, way to confuse us all with the extra thread, ha.. ha..

I am going to be out of town for three weeks so I dont know if I'll be able to check in, Just so you know I havent deserted you. I'll be with you in spirit, if not in person.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #7  
aud
lc lifestyle

awwww, puncieZ, TRY to check in! Is it a Good Trip or a Bad Trip? We'll miss ya!

I recommend the Improved Revolution Rolls btw - got my ingredients in to try them again the RIGHT way! Really filled the bread urge I had - the only carbs are in the sour cream.

I've made a vow that when I'm hungry to EAT and to EAT OP, bouncing - I think my carbs are staying right at 20 - gonna w/i tonight to see how I've done - I'm thinking this helps me from getting the "deprived" feeling and also staves off the OVEReating bug that I suffer from. I feel amazing right now.

Not sure what "fage" yogurt even is, chickadee. I was addicted to Blue Bunny "Carb Freedom" yogurts - then they changed the name to "Sweet Freedom" (BOTH with 3-4 carbs) - NOW all I can find is Blue Bunny "No Sugar Added" - with about 18 grams per lil cup!

No yogurt for me until I find a replacement.

LC yogurt has never stalled me.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:08 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, it looks like everyone is doing good with the low-carb eating.

I have been very busy writing my book. I'm now on Chapter 7 and it's coming along awesome. I'm having difficulty sleeping, my head keeps spinning with things I need to get down on paper. This book sure brings up a lot of sad memories for me , so that may be what is making my sleep so scattered. I have known for a long time what I wanted to write, but the timeline is now falling nicely into place. It will be easy now for the reader to follow. Anyway, I'll keep my finger crossed that I get it finished and published.

Of course,my kids are missing out on time on MySpace, but they'll get over it. I'm on the computer constantly with all my writing. LOL.

My exercise is lacking, unless you count hrs. of typing and the frequent trips to the kitchen for more coffee. I'm actually forgetting to eat until the hunger pangs start. I just hope my butt doesn't broaden to fit this computer chair. LOL.

This morning, I did make it outside to water my garden. It seems to be handling my neglect quite well. I cleaned my kitchen and living room and started the laundry.

I'll head off now to write some more on my book. Wish me luck everyone.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:19 PM   #9  
ShellieTerese

Luck, Lily! I'm writing a book too. I'm trying to put in 1k words/day. Mine is fiction, tho.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #10  

fage is greek strained yogurt - its more like a thick sour cream consitency - its yum - about 5 or 6 grams per cup also 300 cals and like 18 gr fat.

ill have to try the revolution rolls but i am trying to avoid as many subs as i can right now and really stick to my 20g - are the rolls induction friendly?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:58 PM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks Bouncing, good luck on your book too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:34 AM   #12  
aud
lc lifestyle

WOW! Writing books? Right ON! lilyb & bouncing! What an endeavor!

The only carbs in the rolls is whatever the sour cream has - they're made out of stiff egg whites/cream of tartar with yolk & sour cream folded into the whites and then baked like a cream puff, chickadee. Not real good with linx - but will look up tomorrow . . . (after coffee!)

I'm just popping in with good news - lost another couple of lbs over the weekend!

I'm thinking its something in the Rolls?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:20 AM   #13  
beachbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach bum View Post
Hi Ladies

I don't know how to tell you this but here goes,I just want to let you know that I'm going off of the Atkins diet for a while.I'm not losing any more no matter how low I keep my carbs or calories.The stalling & gaining is not fun anymore.
Have to move that ticker downward.Well post and let you ladies know how I doing.

Hugs BB
Hi Ladies

I see lots of new names since I was here a month a go. Just wanted to let you know,I still low carbing but not on the Atkins plan. I lost 3 lbs in the month of July.But for the month of Aug I having a big challenge ahead by going on a cruise[food] to Nova Scotia and than going down to NY to visit with my DD and family.

I have been sick with this thing called Trunal Hyperhidrosis a profuse sweating in my body. The doctor gave me pills to stop the sweating as I losing my electro lites.It has something to do with the sympathic nerve that controls the sweat glands is going bonkers.

Hope you all doing well with this WOE and exercising.

Will post soon and let you know how I doing diet wise and health wise

Hugs BB
Old 08-07-2007, 10:30 AM   #14  
ShellieTerese

Good mornhing all, another glorious day here on the edge of the forest. I tweaked my back last night, not sure what's going on, you know the owie-pulling feeling you get when a major joint needs to crack? (e.g. hip) It's like that, left side, juuuuust above my butt. It's not awful or anything, it only draws sttention to itself when I stretch that muscle somehow, but I don't know if I should work out today. I'm going to go to the gym and ask the local experts (owner is a chiropractor, office attached to the gym, his mom is a body builder and manages the gym). I don't want to miss a day unless they advise me to. Funny, I've gone from hating exercise to loving how it makes me feel -- not to mention what it does to the color of those stix!

Got a call from my dr. office to go in for a lipo blood panel. After 3 mos. on Atkins, I can hardly wait to find out what changes, if any, have taken place. It seems like different people's bodies react differently. I hope I'm one of the majority whose numbers get inexplicably better in spite of the increased dietary fat. Seems likely.

I'm hereby officially joining the Legion of Scale Complainers. Mine is digital. They're supposed to be more accurate, but mine shows a 6-lb difference depending upon what tortured position I stand in... so I have started weighing myself on the more accurate (not to mention consistent) scale at the gym on Saturdays. It's a move-the-weights one like they have in the dr. offic). Of course I'm weariing gym clothes and shoes, so I'm about 5 lbs,. heavier there, but the loss shown will at least be accurate. I decided I don't care if everybody sees me -- it's not like being a closeted fat lady works! If nobody sees the number on the scale, they'll never guess I'm fat. Besides, any shred of fat-education I can spread around, the better, no? Blow up those misconceptions wherever possible, girls! Yep, I'm fat, here's exactly how fat, and here's what I'm doing about it. Watch me, and see if it works.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #15  

well good morning - i guess- its going to be a long day - hoping to go to the gym tonight but i have a lingering feeling it wont happen....
did a bit of abs and arms last night but am not feeling it at all so i dont think i worked as hard as i could have. i have yet to weigh myself - which sucks becasue i dont know how off track the wkend took me - or if it even did at all.
I am having the worst time motivating myslef to workout - i used to be so good at going to the gym - now i am just a lazy *** as least i am eating well....