Old 08-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/220/150

Height: 5' 4"

Red face Fell off the wagon....

I did so awesome for 1.5 weeks. We went camping last Friday, and I ruined it. I have done so bad this week. I'm too embarrassed to go to the COD to admit what I've done. Anyone do this when they first started? Any suggestions on how to get back on track?

Thanks,
Kathy
katnlee03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #2  

kathy---you just need to get right back on track.....what good is staying OFF track going to do!! looks like you have lost 8 lbs, good job.
one day, one week did not make us overweight, it can be a long haul, but can only be done one day at a time, sometimes one meal at a time, babysteps.
i am new to lawl, but not to the struggle of weight loss.
chris
ccommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:30 PM   #3  

Thanks, Chris. Thankfully, I have maintained my weightloss.

I was into hardcore until I was subjected to "comfort" food. I'm ready to get back on track and continue my weightloss journey.

Thanks again!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

Kathy,
We are all learning here. We are have slip ups. The best we can do is to take one day at a time.
As Chris said, get back on track. I would add that you should a lot of push water and in addition use a half of lemon microwaved in one cup of water (HLW) to help the situation.
Take care and have a good weekend.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:11 PM   #5  
Nanette

S/C/G: 174/151.8/140

Height: 5.6

Kathy-I used to be afraid of going in to face the dreaded WI after a vacation or bad weekend, but it's better to face it and deal with the consequences, because I feel they are so supportive in giving any type of advice that you need. Don't worry about it we all have our moments and we all are getting through it.
Nanette
bahamadream10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 310/300/150

Height: 5'6"

Kathy,

I can't tell you how many times I have fell off the wagon. I spent probably the last 4 to 6 weeks gaining and losing the same 4 to 5 pounds. Talk about a waste of my money, but it is my own fault.

I still keep trying and moving forward. I am determined to lose the weight and have just resigned myself that there will be times I am off plan than more on plan. I can't change my behavior so quickly I have learned.

What I have learned, is I can't eat out. I just have limited willpower when doing so. Until I conquer that, I need to fix my meals at home.

You can do it! Just start...that's the hardest part.

LAWL is actually the easiest diet I have ever done, and I have tried most out there.

Diane
wahm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:51 PM   #7  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Kathy.....go to your COD.....go directly to your COD......do not pass GO........do not collect 200 donuts!!! That is what they are there for That is why you paid all that $$$. The counselors know that we all need help and support. If we just lost lost lost every week, and never had mess ups........we wouldn't need them. The best thing you can do when you fall off the wagon is to go to your COD and get a boost back up....oh, and we will give you an extra shove if you need it.........
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 219.2/212.2/145

Height: 5'3"

Hey, I am right there with you. I totally messed up this weekend, but I'm going to the center right after work tomorrow. It happens, it's ok.
tnmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:14 PM   #9  

Thanks guys! I'm doing better and will be making a trip to the COD this afternoon. I've been OP, not POP, but pretty close. I'm still nervous, but it's time to face the music...lol.

I am a HUGE emotional eater. That's going to take some time to deal with and get under control.

Weightloss vibes to everyone!

Kathy
Old 08-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #10  
Post-Master

Good deal, Kathy......what time are you going?
Old 08-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #11  
virgo062

S/C/G: 206.4

Height: 5.6

Default offthewagon

I have always been willpower challenged. I have given myself 1 year to lose the weight (56 pounds) but I have found that rewarding my self helps. I stay true to the plan all week then allow myself one treat for Sunday Dinner, This week was mashed Potatos and a very small piece of cake. Now I don't go crazy but I have found this works for me. Some weeks I don't even treat myself but I know it's there if I want it. I don't feel guilty about eating something off the plan. I only have to lose 4.5 pounds per month some months I lose more than that so I am on track. As long as you are losing you are gaining
VIRGO062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #12  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Great advice Nicole! We are paying the COD so use them.

For me, 1/2 my battle has been realizing just because I've had a bad meal, day, weekend, or week I'm not dead in the water I know what I need to do to get back on track. So just chalk it up to being human and pull out that plan book before your next meal!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #13  

I went to the COD yesterday. I was up 3 lbs. I'm so angry with myself.

Time to get serious. Thanks for all the words of encouragement.
Kathy
Old 08-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #14  
Post-Master

Good for you, Kathy.......not that you are up 3.......but that you went. This means you are really serious about this, and that you are going to pull this off. We are proud of you.........keep your chin up......your next WI will be much better!!!
XOXO