Old 08-06-2007, 09:37 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Weigh-Ins for August

Well, since it's August, I thought we needed a new thread. I know it isn't Thursday, but I weighed this morning, and I was down 2 pounds! I changed my tracker because it made me feel pretty good!! When I journal and drink my water, I lose. Why don't I always do that??????

Hopefully everyone will have a loss this week!!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/171.6/139

Hi Tammy! Congrats on that great loss!

I weighed on Thursday. I was down 1.2lbs this week. Back to where I was a month ago. Now, if I can just get control over my eating, maybe I'll start to truly loose some weight instead of yoyoing. The kids go back to school next week. Hopefully that will help.
mom36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #3  

Thanks Terry and congrats on your loss also. With the kids going back to school, it should be easier to make better choices without them, shouldn't it?
Old 08-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Thanks for starting a new thread, Tammy.
Congrats on that loss.
I, too, lose when I drink more water than Diet Cokes.

Yeah, Terry!!! Now that you're back down, you can start losing again.

I'm hoping the scales will be good to me----some day!
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:32 AM   #5  

Well, apparently something I am doing is working. I moved my butterfly another notch. I know I should wait until Thursday, but if the number on the scale is moving in the right direction, so is my butterfly!!

Tina, you've done great. We need to just keep drinking that water. Easier said than done, right???
Old 08-08-2007, 06:11 PM   #6  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

I tell you what, I'm not looking foward to WI tomorrow. This last week hasn't been good at all. I'm planning on using my no weigh in pass and then getting back on program. *sigh* I keep telling myself that I can do this.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 08:31 PM   #7  

Dori, I can relate! I dreaded going to WI so many times!! I no longer attend meetings, but I am still attempting the program (or close to it) at home.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!! Since I weighed during the week and marked a loss on the tracker, I'm not expecting anything tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:54 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

He all,
Dori, you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tammy, moving that butterfly any day of the week is great.

I forgot all about weighing today. I'm not feeling good (female stuff). I think I'll call and go in to the gyn tomorrow.

Cantal, how was weigh-in??? Or, maybe you are in Paris!

How did everyone do?
Old 08-10-2007, 09:29 PM   #9  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I was in the Tuesday thread, but everyone bailed. Hope I don't have the same effect here I'm having trouble with the water, too. I was down .2 then up .2 this week, so I'm kind of stuck, and I'm thinking it has to be the water, or lack thereof. I exercised and tracked, but didn't lose, but I know I did terrible with the water, like today, I'm drinking my first glass now at 9:30 p.m. sheesh
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

Thumbs up Another Weight Loss

Tammy and Terry: I lost 0.8 pounds this past Thursday!!! Yeah!

Do either of you have any tips on controlling Weekend eating? I seem to use them all up on the weekend. I think I'm averaging about 45 points instead of the allowed 35 per week. I need some control!!!!

---Trish
Piano51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:23 PM   #11  

Keli, welcome!!! We won't leave you. We've been together too long. I finished a bottle of water about 9:00, so I managed to get in 8 servings today. I think the water and the journaling really make a difference for me, so I just need to DO it!!!

Trish, good for you on the loss!!! When I know that I'm going to be eating more in a meal, I cut way back on the other meals during the day. I have also gone over those 35 too. Are there days that you don't use any? Maybe it all equals out in the end??? Maybe???
Old 08-11-2007, 08:37 AM   #12  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Congrats for all the losers. I didn't go to WI on Thursday. I know I should have, but the heat here is unbearable. You walk out the door and it feels like you're melting. Sigh. Perhaps this upcoming week will be a lot better.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Keli Like Tammy said, we are here for the long haul. We've been together for a very long time and love it!!!! Good luck!

Trish, congratulations on your loss!!! About the weekend eating---try something very simple for breakfast, toast or yogurt and fruit. A salad for lunch on Saturday is always good. If you must eat at a fast food place, get grilled chicken.
Then, you can enjoy suppers Sat. and Sun. Hope that helps.

Dori, I know what you mean about heat!!!!!!! Our heat index has been in the 100's all week. And, today thru Tuesday, the actual temp will be 101 and 102. What's going on? Maybe we can melt away some pounds.

Tammy, that's fantastic, drinking all that water. glub, glub, glub....
Old 08-11-2007, 02:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/171.6/139

Congrats to all on your loses!

I was up this week, by 1.2lbs. It was a busy week and there were several days I didn't even try to stay on program. But, I figure those days don't come very often and they aren't the reason I gained the weight in the first place. It is the day-to-day out-of-control eating that did the damage. Yesterday was another bad day, but the kids go back to school Monday and we should get back to a more manageable routine, so from now til Thanksgiving I hope to make up for lost time.
mom36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #15  

Dori, I don't like heat at all. I was miserable when we made our trip to florida to visit Bob's brother.

Terry, I'm having one of those days today! Bob brought home rolls from the little bakery in town for breakfast. We ate lunch about 1:00, and he made pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy, peas. I had made cucumbers and onions the other day, so at least I was able to eat some low point foods with the meal!! Like you say, it isn't an everyday thing.

Let's do it this week!!