Old 08-05-2007, 09:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/255/175

Default Current Center Clients on laathome.com

I happened upon the laathome.com website and there is a section that says current center clients register here. According to the registration page I should have a ClientID, I contacted my center and of course they knew nothing of it - said they don't assign client ids. She told me she called "corporate" and that this site is only for center clients who have moved away from there center. Does anyone know if this is true, and how do I contact corporate myself?

Thanks for any info you can give!
penelope23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:29 PM   #2  
Nanette

S/C/G: 174/151.8/140

Height: 5.6

When I asked about the free la at home since they changed names, she handed me a sheet that clearly goes through the steps of registering as a new client and it even has a box where she had to physically write in my client id number. As a matter of fact when I started the program I was given a card with my client id number in case I wanted to any other sites in the area. Good luck.
bahamadream10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #3  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

I think originally most centers charged for use of the laathome site- I think about $100 for a year. Now, for the centers that are changing names they are offering a free membership to the site. Hope you can get access! It's pretty helpful to be able to submit recipes and email the nutritionist!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:37 PM   #4  

I find a contact us link on the laathome site, so I emailed them and maybe I will get an answer.

I am just starting my second week of lawl. I've read several posts here that mention centers changing names. What is this about, what are they changing from or to?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:49 PM   #5  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Many centers have already changed to Pure Weight Loss. My center just announced that they are changing names as of tomorrow.
Many people have speculated as to why, could be market saturation, bad press for LAWL, legal issues and also a change to go along with the new feel full plans. My center gave us a letter from the founder explaining the change in pretty vaugue terms. Basically the overall statement was that they think Pure weight loss is a better description of their program. Who knows! I didn't think my center would be changing...but it has! It's still the same company just a new name.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:22 PM   #6  
Nanette

S/C/G: 174/151.8/140

Height: 5.6

They are changing all the states at different times. I inquired about it at my last WI, she said our site has changed it's name to Pure Weight Loss but they haven't changed to the new plans as of yet, I guess they were changing my town in the next couple of weeks.
bahamadream10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

Penelope, My center told me the same thing. I even had her look it up. She told me to come to this site that is what it was talking about. After 30 minutes of arguing with her, I gave up. I wanted to be on there so I could get the recipes mainly and for any help I needed. When I called the corporate number that was on the page, it routed me to my local center. So if you get it figured out, let me know. I wouldn't mind to pay if the others really feel it is that beneficial.
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:05 AM   #8  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

I was at the COD last night and they told me that this is going to be free service to Pure Weight Loss clients. They had to give me my Client ID number and told me I could register sometime today. I tried to register this morning but it says I have an incorrect zip code of all things!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #9  
Restart lawl 7-14-08

S/C/G: 150.2/?/127

Height: 5'5"

Hi,
I signed up w/lawl in June through a center and I got the page telling me how to log in and using an ID#.
hollyak24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #10  

Kim - I was also routed to my local center when I called the 800#. I did send an email to the contact us page on laathome.com asking the same questions, however, I have not heard back from them. I will let you know if I find anything out though.

I am just a little over a week into this program, but the amount of inconsistencies between the different centers is bafflling. The plan they put me on is gold (I guess, that is the color of the book) and they are saying they just started this plan a few weeks ago. But others on here seem to say that is an old plan and they have new plans.

I am trying to stay positive, but so far I am not very happy with my center. I have a long way to go so hopefully that will change.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #11  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Penelope23, The inconsistencies, recent changes, and staff turnover at my COD have discouraged me as well BUT THE PLAN WORKS! I've learned to muddle my way through all the contradictory information, resist the strong arm sales pitches that I sometimes get, and focus on my goals! This site is great to help you weed through all the information and questions. I think I've learned more here than I ever did at my COD. Good luck!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:27 PM   #12  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Penelope--If your stats are current I can't imagine why they have you on Gold. Usually Gold with Lites starts in the 180-190 range (or it used to). Anyone care to chime in. I hope you are losing well, but if not--then I think they should re-think your plan. Just a thought.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #13  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Penelope.......first of all, welcome. I have to agree with Lea Ann about what plan you should be on. I am guessing you ought to be on purple or red with lites. My COD started me on Gold at 222......and the lovely ladies on this site alerted me to the fact that I may have been on the wrong plan. I asked, and they changed me right away to purple with lites.....and told me it had indeed been a mistake. The lady that originally put my on gold had made a comment about how she would just start me on gold right away and then I would lose real fast (not true), and I just didn't know any better. The truth of the matter is.......if you do not have enough calories, sometimes your WL will stall......which is never a good thing. I would just ask them about it and see what they say. Also, I would recommmend checking out this thread, that is, if you haven't already
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104658
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:53 PM   #14  

Ok, just to add to the confusion!! I looked when I got home at my monthly diary and it reads plan 4. It is gold in color and that is what I remembered when I was posting from work. According to this plan I can have 3.5 proteins, 4 veggies, 4 fruits, 5 starches, 3 dairy and 2 fat + 2 lites. There are only certain foods I can have for the first four weeks (ie no pasta or rice, but yes to bread, no beef, but yes to veal). Anyway, I'm learning as I go....
Old 08-07-2007, 07:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Hi, Penelope... I think I can help clear that one up.

Apparently your center has the new plans, so you are on Plan 4. It seems they do not have the new books, so they gave you the gold book, which has the correct portion size. When I started (at your weight) I was on red w/lites. That gave me 2 1/2 proteins per day, and each protein was 8oz for a chicken breast just to give you an idea. The new plans may give you more protein, but it is a smaller serving size. So you should follow the amount of servings in Plan 4, but use the gold book to get the serving size.

As for the LA at home, it's not available in all areas of the country. It's also not a corporate vs. franchise thing. I got my LA at home from my COD and paid extra for it. MTDebster doesn't have access to it. We're both corporate centers. I'm not sure how the designation works, but it's just not available to all areas. And not at all in Canada.

Hope this clears up some of your questions. Welcome and good luck.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote