1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
4 cloves of garlic, pressed
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cups balsamic vinegar
1 pkg frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and halved
1 14.5 oz can chicken broth, plus 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese

Heat half of olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, salting and peppering to taste. Remove chicken from skillet. Add remaining oil, onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Cook until onion is translucent. Add oregano and red pepper flakes, stir, and remove from skillet. Add vinegar to skillet and heat, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of skillet, and reducing vinegar until almost evaporated. Add artichoke hearts, broth, and water, then chicken and vegetables. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce is thickened. Serve with crumbled Feta on top.

4 servings
Nutrition per serving: 266 calories, 12 g fat, 31 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate

Note, I used about half the olive oil and it was still good. Next time, I think calamata olives would be a good addition.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 08-05-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Yum, this sounds good, Schmoodle. I'm going to make it one night this week, and I'll let you know how we like it. Thanks for sharing!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Made it last night for one - used canned artichokes - and it was yummy! I had green beans and tomatoes with pesto with it. A keeper!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I just can't leave recipes alone! I was just reading a recipe for chicken breasts stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes, and I thought it would be great combined with this one. Next time I make it, I will not cut up the chicken, I'll stuff the breasts with the sun-dried tomatoes, and I'll add the calamata olives. I'll post how it turns out, but I can't imagine that it won't be good!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

This recipe is a keeper, Schmoodle! I tossed in a handful of capers and the olives, yummy! Next time, I'll use another pepper, too. I had mine over broccoli slaw.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Okay, last post then I'll leave this one alone. I just made this again tonight, and I LOVE this recipe because it is so quick and easy, and it's really delicious. I didn't cut up the chicken, but cut a pocket in the breasts and stuffed with some dried tomatoes (not the ones in oil, just the dry ones), and added 1/2 cup of kalamata olives, and an extra red pepper. It was even better than the first time. Okay, next time, I think I'll use some wine in place of some of the broth. I'll be playing with this one for quite a while.