Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 08:47 AM   #1  
Growing in Christ

Default Christian Encouragers #141

Welcome to Christian Encouragers! We are a group who will be there for you in encouragement and prayer. Everyone is welcome!
Old 03-25-2002, 08:51 AM   #2  
Growing in Christ

Good Monday morning all!

Well, all I can say, is God is good! I was shocked to see I had lost 2 lbs this past week. So did dh, so that's 16 lbs gone for each of us now.

Just wanted to encourage all of you who spend the summer on a ball field... plan ahead, take healthy snacks... don't let the hectic schedule sabotage your weight loss! You know we are praying for you!

Ginny - sorry to hear this transition has been so tough. But, I believe you have said that you know it's the right thing to do, so just ask God to help you rest in that, and trust in Him to work the details out!

Patricia

173/157/156 first mini/105ish
Old 03-25-2002, 07:24 PM   #3  
Made In Canada

Hi All! My best friends daughter got married on the weekend. I video taped the ceremony for them.It was kinda hard to do that and wipe the tears but I managed.It was beautiful.I knew I would be eating extra calories and I had to have a glass of champagne for the toast.I am ready to get back on program.This was too special an occasion to worry about what I could and could not eat.I have gotten some good ideas from the posts here and I know I can get the support I need here from my buds.Thank-you.
Old 03-26-2002, 07:13 AM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!!
Patricia- thanks for the encouragment and starting the new thread. WTG on the 2# loss! I am so happy for you- you have been trying for some time to lock into a diet. Great that Dh is losing too!

Chick- sounds like you had a very special day with the wedding.
Sometimes you just have to let one day go and get back on track the next day.

Off for a busy day........... I hope to get back on later and fill in what is going on here.
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 03-26-2002, 07:37 PM   #5  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone

I hope you all had a great weekend.....Monday is over and now, so is Tuesday. Mid-week is here and it'll be the weekend again! An EASTER Sunday at that....oh my, chocolate, jellybeans, candy, candy, candy. Can I/we be strong?? Sure.....why not......of course we can.....<sigh>

Our black tie affair went well......lots of fun but a very late night for a Sunday. The tuxedo was returned and we are back to normal.....(normal?? are we ever normal?? )

Hope y'all are having a great Tuesday night.

Zoe ~Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 03-27-2002, 11:55 AM   #6  

Question Where is evrybody?

Well, I signed on thinking that there would a lot of info to read, but no one has posted! Where did everybody go?

Things around here are calming a little. My brother in law came home, he is doing better. He will have to go back to the hospital in 6wks to have the artery on the front wall of his heart fixed. He will have a stint put in. They will also have a surgeon standing by, incase there is a problem. He is just really dealing with a lot of depression and feelings of loneliness. I tried to get him to come to church with us last Sunday, and he was not ready. I am hoping that for Easter Sunday, he will join us.
I feel bad for him, he got home Thrusday nite, not one of his family even said hello, how are you, we missed you, glad that you are feeling better or anything! Even his WIFE!!!!
She did not even bother to be at the hospital when they did the 1st stint! She was "TOO BUSY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am praying that he gets some comfort from me and my dh. He did spend the whole weekend at my house. I do not blame him at all!

Other than that, My parents will be driving down from Richmond,VA to bring us some furniture that they want us to hold while they go over seas again. They are missionaries and will be gone a few years. I am glad that they are going to be with us on Easter Sunday. That is going to be nice. We always have a lot of fun, so I am looking forward to the weekend.

I have still not weighed myself. I really need to go do it and get it over with. I am trying to get back OP. I am still not eating a lot, but what I am eating is not the right stuff. Anyway, I know that I have taken a lot of your time~

TTFN
Pravda
262/252/135
mini goal 190 by Aug 2002
Old 03-27-2002, 12:53 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!!!!

Zoe-glad that your black tie affair went well. As far as all the candy and stuff like that that Easter weekend brings- come up with a game plan. Either allow yourself some candy- for example 5 chocolate eggs (or whatever), or no candy (if you are better off that way) or even write the whole day off and just PROMISE to get back OP on Monday. Whatever you decide, come up with a plan that will work for you- one that will not leave you feeling deprived or guilty and allow you to get back on program the next day happily! I think that is the key- something that you can live with for the day.

Pravda-how nice that your parents will be with you for Easter. And what a blessing that you have Christian parents, which makes an Easter weekend that much more special. A Christian heritage like that is truly a treasure, and something that I miss.
Too bad about your brother in law. (human nature can be so crummy sometimes!) But good that he is home and seems to be doing well.

As for me, well this week has been busy, as usual. This afternoon I am off to piano lessons for Dd and then pick up Ds from school and math tutoring. I got some house cleaning done this morning and a 30 minute walk. I feel sluggish these days- and have not been eating as well as I should. (and I am sure that is why I feel so sluggish). TOM approaches next week also......
Gotta go, Dd comes home any minute.
Have a great afternoon!
Ginny
Old 03-27-2002, 08:52 PM   #8  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone.....seems we have 2 threads going at once so I am doing a 'copy and paste' of Gary and Sue's posts....

Quote:
Originally posted by EZMONEY
Hi everyone-- I have been busy, my son just had his 21st birthday yesterday--the wife, ex-wife my daughter and I took him out for dinner and "A" drink [step-daughter off in Ireland with her father this week, actually two] His boy/girl friends then took him out to the pizza/brewery in town, about 16-18 kids all having fun with their Designated Drivers!!!!! I was in bed when he got home but he looked just fine when he got home from mid-terms and track practice this evening. Going my 400 mile round trip to my daughters tennis match tomorrow-- I don't even think she is playing, only top 6 will go and she is #8 at the moment-- they are playing the #6 team in college in the nation. Well gotta get dinner going the wife is pulling in the drive and I am in TROUBLE! Just kidding- she loves me. Later- God Bless you ALL-In Christ, Gary

Quote:
Originally posted by doitforme
Hi there! I'm jumping in on your fun ! Actually Zoe invited me, we have a thread on buddy up called Is there any christians. Feel free to jump in on that one too. I'm 39, single, no children. I'm doing a 1400 cal. diet, there's that 4-letter word again I have lost 43lbs so far, since 1/2/02. I walk my treadmill every morning for 30 mins. and love 3fc web for its motivation, and inspiration. I never thought I would have the good fortune of finding so many brothers/sisters in christ, what a blessing!!!
EZMONEY- its great! your such a supportive dad, there are many parents that are too busy to participate in their kid's life's.Kudos to you!!! and I also liked the idea of dividing the plate. It would be great to use at a buffet also, when there are so many options. Hope you all have a great day!! Love in christ <><
Old 03-27-2002, 09:48 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Talking Where Am I ?

What's up Zoe? You got me all over the place!!! One day I will figure out the system-- well---maybe. Great job on the black tie affair-- I am with you as far as WHY??? SUNDAY NIGHT
Spent the day with my daughter-- that was great!!! We did the 400 mile, 7 and a half round trip drive to her campus today for her teams match-- she didn't get to play in this one but it was still fun rooting for the other girls-- they really needed it, we only squeezed out 2 wins against a VERY good team. My daughter is on spring break but sports still go on in college-- my son even has practice for his track even though they don't have a meet until next week.
My step-daughter called from Ireland today--her and her dad are staying in a castle--made into a hotel---sounds like fun.
Hey doitforme isn't that a great idea to use as a guide for meals by seperating the plate? It doesn't work for everyone but it keeps me on my toes!!!
Well I have been pretty good but not great on the new elliptical trainer-- my wife takes her exercise alot more serious than I do-- I'm working on it. All for now--in HIS LOVE, Gary
Old 03-27-2002, 10:39 PM   #10  

Default Hi

Just saying hi to everyone this week.I'm looking forward to Easter services this week even though my church is right next door to where two of the 9-11 terrorists lived. It's a bit scarey now that CNN is saying to be carefull and to avoid Easter crowds. It sounds to me like they are trying to tell people not to go to Easter church services, sigh.What Easter service ISN'T crowded?
Anyways I'm still going to go though and with a smile on my face, I trust in God to keep me safe.

I'm going to try and not eat any Easter candy, it's hard to pass up the post holiday candy sales... I will try though. It shouldn't be too hard to resist over eating on Easter supper. I'm not even sure what I'm eating for dinner. I don't have any family here so I'm pretty much on my own for dinner. I don't eat ham, so maybe i'll have lasagna or something I normally wouldn't allow myself to eat. I worry that, that might be a bad idea though *shrug*

Best Easter wishes for everyone!
God bless ya!

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:22, 24 (NIV)
Old 03-27-2002, 11:39 PM   #11  

Blessing today,
I am still under a lot of stress with both my MIL and FIL. My FIL is going to a nursing home Thur and is not happy about it. He has been unable to eat in over 6 weeks and is living on ensures. My MIL is having surgery in a week to try and remove the blockage in the veins in her neck. On a brighter side I took pictures of my DD trying on wedding dresses and got them back. It makes me cry where did the time go?
I am sorry not to address everyone tonight but my head is pounding so I need to go to bed.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Sami
Old 03-28-2002, 07:35 AM   #12  
Growing in Christ

Hey there.... Sorry to have stayed away the past few days, but I have a house full of sick kids Started w/my oldest, then my youngest girl got in on it... took them to the dr. on Tuesday and he said it was a respitory virus... and it was VERY contagious, keep them away from others for about 72 hrs from when symptoms started. Luckily, they had felt too crummy to go anywhere the day before anyway. He also said to expect the little one to get a fever w/in 24 hrs, as the oldest had had one Monday and Tuesday morning.. .sure enough, Tuesday night, Jess gets the fever... Wednesday, my other dd, Jennifer decided she wanted in, and got a fever and slept most of the day... Jaclyn was feeling much better though, and Jess' fever was gone, just really stuffy still. BUT... the fun doesn't stop there! NO no no.... I've been up since about 3:30 am because my youngest, who will be 8 weeks old tomorrow, is also stuffy and sneezing all over, not to mention that cough/gag thing trying to get that crud out of his throat! I was hoping that he'd pass this by, being the most protected of them all.... but no. It's so hard to keep his sisters out of close proximity. They just want to kiss on him all day, and although I've been able to keep them away 95% of the time... it wasn't enough! We are planning on going to see my parents this weekend, a 280 mile trip one way. As long as me, dh or my other son John doesn't get it, we'll still be able to go I think. Joshua had been sneezing some Tue and Wed, so I'm hoping he'll be cleared up by Friday for the most part....

ANYWAY.... I've been a little preoccupied and haven't been in here

I posted this on the 3fc ww thread, but I'll ask here too. Have any of you found an edible *diet* cheese? I LOVE cheese, but the sharp cheddar is so "expensive". I have not had good luck w/*diet* cheeses in the past...either American or Cheddar types. Seems they all taste like plastic, cardboard, or nothing at all. Have any of you had any better luck???

Patricia
Old 03-28-2002, 09:34 AM   #13  

Happy Resurrection Weekend Chicks,

I been MIA also. But now I am off for a few days and plan to catch up on life.

Patricia, you may want to try Soy cheese products, They are also called Veggie Slices, I find them in the produce section. Good source of protein. I am also dealing with a sick dd, she has mono and has to stay in bed for 2 weeks. The only good thing is she feels too sick to do much else right now. Keep your spirit up, sing praises, that is what I plan to do alot of.

Sami, I can relate, my MIL had to go into a nursing home 2 months ago, she did not want to and still hopes to go home, although in her case it seems unlikely. She is 3 hours away and my husband has to make the trip once and week while rearranging his work schedule so he can go during the week.I will keep you in prayer as the Lord brings this to my remembrance.

Easter Plans- well church if dd is up to it. If not I may leave her for a couple of hours if possible to make service. As far as candy, I plan to eat one peice each of the two kinds I really like, Eat real healthy, and walk extra this next week. I'm thinkin of turkey for dinner Easter, can't go wrong there, just keep the sides health concious.

How does on add those cute pictures to the place where your name appears? Also, how to add the smileys?

Love in Christ,De
301/245/195
Old 03-28-2002, 11:54 AM   #14  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

My week off is almost over. It's going way too fast. I did have a great relaxing time visiting relatives. One aunt loves to walk so we did get out for 2 miles one day. The next day we went shopping so i felt like I did a fair amount of walking then too.

DH has hooked up the water line in the fridge. Now I have no excuses to drink my water!! I love being able to have fresh cold water whenever I want. It'll be hard to go back to the tap when we move out of here. (The fridge belongs to the landlord!)

I don't have time to address everyone this morning but you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Let's especially keep in mind what Jesus did for us this Easter weekend. The ultimate sacrifice!

Have a wonderful Easter!
Old 03-28-2002, 09:26 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down

Hi Everyone-- My last post did not make it cause it was too long- I just can't figure this stuff out! Sami I will continue to pray for your family-I am so sorry. Angelcat you make darn sure you are in church Sunday! there is nop better place to be if something goes against God's wishes! Patricia, sounds like you need a vacation! De, I hope your DD gets well and you can get to church--Wilma keep on drinking that water!! it is the best for you-- when you are totally hydrated-after the right amount of water for 3 months-- you feel so much better! Zoe, where are you? looking for my posts somewhere else?
I will be at church 4:30am to help with our breakfast on Easter, my kids will be there--YES!-- but in the afternoon the son leaves for Las Vegas with his friends to celebrate 21-- daughter heads back up to school, and step-D still in Ireland-- so just me and the wife for Easter dinner. Good Friday service we leave in silence then place nails in a cross made out of the trees we had on the altar at Christmas, to symbolize our sins-- I made it this year-- for the last 30 another man did- he is now 94! if ican do it until then that would make 46yrs for me-- don't think I'll make it!!
Closed Thread