Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-02-2007, 12:26 AM   #1  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Default C25K - August

New month ladies (and gents???) - if you're new here, just post away!

I did 2.3 miles today - 2nd run of week 5 and OMG ouch. I don't know if I overdid it on Tuesday with my hills hike or what but it feels like week 1 all over again. It burned and it hurt and then stretching was agony!

I am totally stressed over Friday's 20 min run now after today. I made it through today but it was such a struggle I am thinking maybe I should repeat it a few times before moving on? I dunno, I would hate to deviate from the program though. Maybe I should just start on Friday and see how far I can go.

Tomorrow I am just going to do a flat 30 minute walk and light weights so I don't set myself up for failure.
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:02 AM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

Way to go, Cakses - you're doing so great! You CAN do this!! Be sure to stretch before and after you run - I found when I didn't (and I'd just think, "well, a five minute walk before and after will do") my shins and legs REALLY got uncomfortable - I am a HUGE stretcher now!!

As for Friday - yes, just start, and see what happens! I bet you'll surprise yourself - and remember - I am also a HUGE believer in repeating days, too!!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #3  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
New month ladies (and gents???) - if you're new here, just post away!

I did 2.3 miles today - 2nd run of week 5 and OMG ouch. I don't know if I overdid it on Tuesday with my hills hike or what but it feels like week 1 all over again. It burned and it hurt and then stretching was agony!

I am totally stressed over Friday's 20 min run now after today. I made it through today but it was such a struggle I am thinking maybe I should repeat it a few times before moving on? I dunno, I would hate to deviate from the program though. Maybe I should just start on Friday and see how far I can go.

Tomorrow I am just going to do a flat 30 minute walk and light weights so I don't set myself up for failure.
I am with ya, baby!! Running the best I can today, going to try to get in 30 of running with as few breaks as possible. Going for the 20 straight on Saturday morning. Yikes.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #4  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys! I'm new to C25K, just started it, have done 2 days of week one. I'm liking it so far, and surprised myself by completing the first two days. I've haven't run since pretty much middle school, but I'm thinking it may be just what I need to complement my strength workouts and get a nice toned look.

Question: What is a good pace for a beginner to start at? I've only done the 2 days so far, but I've been doing the running intervals at about 4.5 mph. Is this too slow? I know it's more of a jog, not a run, and that's ok with me. But should I kick it up a bit?
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:41 PM   #5  
Accepting who she is

Cakses---I did 20 today, and it did not suck like I thought it would. I am incredible happy right now. The joy of getting it over with is soooo worth it.

I am one of the biggest complainers on God's earth. I am not one to complain and do nothing about what is irking me; I complain WHILE I am fixing whatever it is. If a big whiner like me can do it, a strong woman like yourself will have no trouble. PM me if you to arrange for personal cheerleading from me. (I am a doula. If I can cheer a woman through 12 hours of labor, I can cheer you through 20 minutes of running.)
Old 08-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #6  
Starting Over

OMG I did it. I almost threw up a few times, thank God I only ate Cheerios before I ran haha. But I made it the entire 20 mins run. Wow. It feels good. It ended up being 1.5 miles up from the about .75 miles I did Wednesday on my 8 minute run, so that is the farthest I have ever ran in my life no matter how good of shape I was in!
Old 08-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #7  
Heather 2.0

Cakses - you rock, girl! Way to go!!
Old 08-03-2007, 09:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

Awesome cakes!!

TXbrittany, I am just a few days ahead of you in the program, so welcome! Everyone has told me just to go as slow as comfortble and that's what I do. I found that I've naturally sped up a little as the workouts go on.

I did the last day of week 2 today and felt pretty good about it. I really want to start week 3 tomorrow, but I guess I need to wait.
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:24 PM   #9  
Starting Over

Thanks everyone, I was so excited that I did it and I had no one to celebrate with, so I came home to post to you guys. I need to find a local exercise partner so I can run with somebody. My bet is if I was talking non-stop I wouldn't have looked at the clock once!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

Gosh, I don't think I could carry on a conversation and run at the same time. It feels like I need to conserve all of my breath lol.
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #11  
Heather 2.0

Well - I have signed up for a 5K... never really appealed to me to do more than finish the programme , but a friend who was inspired by me - that still makes me laugh! That *I* inspired ANYONE to do exercise!! - and is on week six now suggested we sign up for a 5K in mid-October, so that's it - it's real now!

I feel good about doing it - just sad I can't take my treadmill and just run on that instead!

Heather
Old 08-04-2007, 11:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Good morning! I've been lurking here for the past couple of weeks and am finding that you are all so inspirational!

cakses~that is so cool that you made it the full 20 minutes! I started this thing hoping and praying that I can finish the week where you run for 5 minutes! I'm not there yet, but I'm starting to think I can make the whole program now.

Anyway, let me tell you a little about myself. I've been a 3FC'er for about a year and a half. I mostly hang out in Featherweights and Maintainers. I've been having a tough time getting the last few pounds off (and recently gained a few extra pounds--don't you hate vacations?!). I had read a lot about the c25k program and was interested in trying it, but it took a lot of motivation on my part to actually start it. A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled on the podcasts that were made for the program and I made the decision to start. I am so glad that I did!

I began on Tuesday July 24th. I actually ended up doing Week 1 for 4 days rather than 3 because I was intimidated with moving up a level. But I did the first day of Week 2 last Thursday and I was amazed that it seemed almost easier than Week 1!! I did my second day of Week 2 this morning (despite waking up with a sore throat).

I look forward to keeping up with all of you and hope that in 7 week's time I'll be a real runner! (Never in my life did I think I'd say that!)
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:05 PM   #13  
Heather 2.0

Allison!

Good for you for starting C25K - I never DREAMED I could do THREE minutes - I really struggled, and I did days over - and weeks over! - to stretch it out to suit me... but if *I* can do, I swear anyone can!

Keep at it, and repeat as often as you like - I was told early on that C25K accelerates faster than many running programmes. And keep checking in here and letting us know how you are getting on!!

Heather
Old 08-04-2007, 06:40 PM   #14  
Starting Over

Welcome Allison!

Running will absolutley help you shed those last 10 pounds. I know the first couple of weeks seem hard but once you hit week 4 you'll be laughing when you think of running for 60 seconds to 3 minutes! I'm still a heavy person and I am managing this pretty well with some soreness of course.

Well today is my day off and I even have a babysitter coming soon, wahoo! For being such a good girl and doing my whole 20 minutes, I treated myself to a much needed facial wax and I am taking myself (hubby is deployed) to the movies tonight with a free pass I have! I am going to try this relaxing thing and see if the lack of stress for a few hours helps!
Old 08-04-2007, 07:56 PM   #15  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
OMG I did it. I almost threw up a few times, thank God I only ate Cheerios before I ran haha. But I made it the entire 20 mins run. Wow. It feels good. It ended up being 1.5 miles up from the about .75 miles I did Wednesday on my 8 minute run, so that is the farthest I have ever ran in my life no matter how good of shape I was in!
YAY! Great work! I KNEW you could do it.