Old 08-02-2007, 11:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

Default craving carbs!!!! what to do?

so i am on day 11 and i am craving carbs really badly - like my boyfriend had a blueberry muffin and i wanted it so badly. how do yoo quell your cravings but still satisfy the urge with out blowing it! i am doing so well so far down 8 pounds but i keep trying to bargin with myslef that one little cheat wont hurt - although i know that it will. help!
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:15 AM   #2  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I haven't had any really *strong* cravings, but there have been strong impulses, and when I want something I have a high protein/high fat snack, like smoked salmon/cream cheese rolls. Or a can of tuna in oil, drained and mixed with a little mayo and diced celery. That always takes care of it for me. Or, early on, I made a batch of deviled eggs, and I'd have couple of those. Day 11 is still pretty early on, I'd try a rich but carbless snack. High fat seems to work best.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:25 PM   #3  

Yep, Shellie is right, usually something high fat will help a lot during a craving. I usually either crave sweet or salty/crunchy. If its something sweet, I sometimes eat a couple of spoonfuls of low carb Heavy Whipped Cream - the kind in a can - sprinkled with any of the Davincis flavorings I have on hand, or eat a cream cheese muffin, which is a lifesaver at a time like this!
If I am craving salty/crunchy that gets a little harder cause I miss my Cheetos! If I catch it in time though, generally some flavored sunflower seeds help.
KimberMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #4  

hi kimber - what are these cream cheese muffins you are referrring to? do you have the recipe??
Old 08-06-2007, 11:39 AM   #5  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Ohhhhhh, yeah. SHARE with the cream cheese muffins!
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #6  

well i tried out making the almond thins from lindas low carb site and i had super bad results - i dont know who she got 48 crackers - they were not somehitng i will make again - also i tried the almond buttery bars and they were not bad but i would rather have SF jello becasue they tasted really fake sugary