Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #1  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Default Coool Runners - August

Wow! What a milestone for me to start an exercise thread!

Goal this month is to do four 5K runs a week - starting today

Pushed myself a little farther on Tuesday to do 3.25 miles so that I had done a full 5K. I have decided not to worry about speed, but to build up my endurance with 5K runs. A friend who does triathlons (crazy woman! ) told me that 5.2mph is a very good speed for someone who has been running only a couple of months - and it was good to hear!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Heather, you're doing awesome!! And I want to thank you again for all the support you've given me on the coaching thing!

Speaking of that, our first practice is tonight. It will be just a short, slow jog and sort of a meeting with the kids, so we'll see how it goes. The problem is that I just had a root canal this morning so I'm not feeling that great!

I still don't have a working computer at home -- this is my work laptop and I'm in a cafe. I miss my running friends on 3FC!! I hope to get up and running at least within a week or two, but who knows? I'm not sure when I can get back online!

I had a great 9-mile run yesterday -- it felt good to get back to a fairly long run. I'm supposed to do 14 tomorrow -- eek!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #3  
Heather 2.0

Good luck tonight, Lisa - and remember: YOU are the coach (okay, assistant!) - don't forget it! Rotten luck about the root canal - yuck!
Old 08-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #4  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Keep up the great work Heather. Before long you'll be a pro

LisaMarie - Good luck at practice! I had a root canal last year, it was no fun. Hope you're feeling better soon.

I wish it weren't so dang hot out! I didn't get more than 5 hours of sleep last night, but I might try to go out for a run after it cools off this evening. Still pretty steamy even after the sun goes down these days though. If not I'll just do my strength workout tonight and get up for an early morning run tomorrow.
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #5  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Death in DH's family, so I did not run this week. Going at 3 and plan to do as much as I can over 12 minutes, then 2 walking, then run as much as I can, then take two and hopefully get a full 30 in of running. Maybe a bit ambitious since I have not been able to get back in the groove after vaca.
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

Hello Everyone! Mind if I join this thread?

Heatherangel- Iam with you - My goal for the month of
August is going to also be min. of 4-5ks a week.
also trying to build up some more endurance

Monday and Tuesday (July) I did 5ks both days early in the AM
as it is way hot here in Florida. Now yesterday Aug. 01 I
did not make it out as it was raining and lots of lightening. (not
a fan ) Today however, I had somewhat of a stroke of luck
I woke up at 5am for my run and it was raining yet again
waited a while and it stopped took off on my 5k (completed )
walked in the door and the flood gates opened again and are still
open as we speak.

Well good luck to everyone this month and I hope to post often.
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #7  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

onthetee - so sorry

7 hot miles this morning - was nice to have a decent run though. I hadnt realized how sleep deprived I was while my mom was visiting.

So....My mom had said she wanted to come up for ds birthday (10/3) and stay through the marathon (10/7) - this past week reminded me in glaring terms that I dont sleep well with other people here. So I am going to either have to put her in a hotel or to come earlier or later. This is not going to be a pleasant conversation.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

Onthetee- So sorry for the loss in your family
take care
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Ran 2 miles this morning. Had to cut it short because I needed to get the kids ready for school. I can't believe that they went back today!!! Anyway, I'm going to need to get up even earlier if I'm going to run before they leave. And that's what I want to do because it gets too darn hot if I wait much later.

Question - Does TOM affect your running? Today was an issue for me and it seemed like my run was MUCH harder than usual. I don't know if it was because of it or just a coincidence.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #10  
Heather 2.0

Tricia - I'll let you know! I'm having a small amount of trouble () dragging myself to run - ToM started this morning - makes me sleepy.

Stacey - Glad you're with us!

Shenanigans - I hear ya - the heat is a real problem!

Ennay - it seems no matter how old we get, mothers are mothers... and hard work! Good luck with THAT conversation!!

onthetee - sorry for your loss Hope things pick up for you soon - and keep running!

Heather
Old 08-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #11  
Accepting who she is

Default I Freakin' Broke The 20 Min Barrier!

Thanks for the condolences, everyone.

I said it was a head thing, not a body thing. One good People mag to keep me going on the treadmill, and ta-da. I did 20.

I was sooooo tempted to continue, but sense I have not been a tight schedule, I hated to push it. I went to a really easy yoga class last night, but I see no reason to risk injury. I think I will do the 20 again on Saturday, then pick up the next week of C25K on Monday.

It is like a cloud has been lifted.......
Old 08-02-2007, 08:28 PM   #12  
Heather 2.0

Yay onthetee!!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 11:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone for your marathon advice (on last month's thread). Wndranne, I am definitely doing this for me, not because my friend suggested it - he did put the idea to leave Chicago in my head, but that's because he's heard me talk about having to wait untill next year to do Chicago because registration is already full this year. Gulp - I think I going to do it!

Ennay, I'm very excited to hear we'll be in the same race! I'm wondering if you've run Portland before? One thing I'm a little nervous about is coming from the flatlands of Chicago to a terrain with actual hills. I looked at the course map and it looks like there's only one major hill. But, wondering if you can confirm that from your first hand experience.
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:44 PM   #14  
Accepting who she is

Racheel-there is a full marathon and a couple minis a year down here in Indy. Not a bad drive down bleak I-65 and not so crazy competitive either!
Old 08-02-2007, 11:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Onthetee - I actually looked into the Indy marathon (and believe me, I know that I-65 drive so well - I grew up in Lafayette, and went to college in Bloomington). But that weekend already had something else scheduled that I couldn't move, so I had to find a different alternative. Portland's going to work out fine, because I have some good friends there who I don't get to see much of, so this will be a nice excuse to spend some time with them as well. Perhaps I'll do Indy next year!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote