Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 03:51 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#148

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME !!!!
Old 03-27-2002, 04:11 AM   #2  

Thumbs up Grrrrrrr.... they make me MAD !!!!!

It is sooooo frustrating. They won't let me post my welcome sign more than once. Grrrrrr
I think if any of you start a new page it MAY let you post it once too... so feel free to steal it and use it.
I found another welcome pic... but it says it is too big.
It is hardly worth the time to find pics only to use it once.
Oh well... enough whining.

I went to bed at 8:30 last night.
Of course I woke up at 1:30 am and can't sleep now.

I almost made it a perfect day with food Tuesday. Almost.
My husband wanted to go out to eat and I fell to temptation.
I lasted for like a whole 5 minutes !!!! LOL
Mexican ...chips and salsa... and split a dessert. No excuses.
I still feel really good about the rest of my day.!!!!
On program breakfast.. and lunch. No snacking all day.
Overall.... a good beginning.

I am driving to see my parents either today or tomorrow so I may be gone for a couple of days. I just don't know with this lack of sleep all night. It is hard to stay awake driving.
Getting OLD sucks !!!!! LOL

Tina.... that picture of Gwenth actually looked "GOOD" compared to her that night. LOL. There actually was an even uglier dress there. It was an older actress.... made her look like a slut. I don't remember her name.
I did like several of the dresses this year. Reese Witherspoon for one.
Her still photo did not look as good as in person.
It is sooo funny this year. The opinions differed on so many.
Some dresses that made the worst dress on one poll made the best dress on another.
To each their own I guess. LOL

Well fellow fight fighters. I won all but one battle yesterday.
Today I am going to improve on that record. Susie has inspired me!!
Baby steps... baby steps... baby steps.
Practice makes progress !!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-27-2002 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:43 AM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello all
Sorry I didn't get in yesterday I was up to my ears in research.
DH and DS are both sick DS can't talk (that may be a blessing )

Tina: Way to go girl I haven't lost in over a month I'm stuck.

Well I better go I have reports to do.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:00 AM   #4  

I seem to be stuck on the scale also. It should get better because it is warming up... a HOT 40 today. I can walk longer and with all the work I have outside I may only weigh 90 lbs by the end of summer!!!

My brain is in a dilema...I have been trying to get more protein in my diet because I wasn't get - well, hardly any. I do think I was feeling better allthough I find it hard to do. Then I saw Dr. Ornish on TV and dug out his book which advises us to eat only vegies for a healthy heart. I do believe what he says and if I liked to be in the kitchen more I could cook more protein alternatives (tofu) BUT My Mother died of a heart attack as well as her brother so .... always in the back of my mind, you know. The only protein I eat of the animal variety is poultry & fish so eating really requires more planning and thought than I have been giving it. Thanks for letting me ramble....I just have to get my act together.

WAY TO GO ON ALL OF YOUR WEIGHT LOSS, fellow Chicks....what are your secrets and DON'T tell me it's exercise, water and regulating food intake. I want something much faster and easier!!!!

Have a good Wednesday.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:19 AM   #5  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Ugh, I had the worst binge day yesterday. I forgot to pack my lunch, so DH brought me a big burger and fries. It was almost like an avalanche after that point. You know I'm still paying for it this morning. Today I have already planned out all my meals and some safe snacks so it won't happen again.
15 minutes to finish getting lunch packed and my happy backside dressed and out the door. I'd better get outta here!

I really miss having more time to write, but keeping in touch with you all at least a little means the world to me. *HUGS*

Andria
Old 03-27-2002, 06:03 PM   #6  

Angry Wish more of you were here.

Have any of you seen the movie "I am Sam" ?
(He is a ******ed dad trying to keep his daughter.)
There is a scene that just brings me to tears just remembering it.
I cried when I saw it... and I still cry today.
I could relate all too well ...and still can.
It is a scene where Sam says... " Do you know how hard it is to try and try and try with all your might to be like everyone else, but you just can't do it.... no matter how hard you try !!!"

Need I say more.
I have been depressed for several days now.
I am getting better with my food. I only cheat once a day now.
But I am still cheating.... and it is KILLING ME.
How many times can someone fail.????

I don't know how many...but I am going to keep trying...one more time.
I see so many others doing it...I am a smart woman...why not me??
I am a good person. I am not giving up yet.
I KNOW that carbs are my binge foods.
I know I can live without them... well the bread and pasta and sugar.
I know I can get plenty of good carbs from vegetables and other healthier foods.
But knowing... is not doing.
I know what to do. Now I just have to do it.

This is a very sad post for me. I can't seem to stop my crying.
But I also know that just a couple of days can make a difference.
I have 2 days with only one cheat each day. Maybe tomorrow will be that non-cheat day.

I know you will all say to me... "Progress not perfection" and "Good is good enough" and "One day at a time". But I need more than words today... I need some accomplishments. I need ONE DAY of not cheating.!!!! I need to "not feel" like a failure.
I also need to get some sort of mobility again too...I can barely walk. My weight is truly killing me... not only physcially... emotionally too. I can barely walk. I can barely live. All I seem to be able to do is.... EAT.

What is so ironic... I was depressed early early this morning and wrote a post to all of you. I did not post it...instead I sent it to a dear friend.
Then I felt pretty darn good. I ate on program for breakfast, I ate grilled chicken for lunch. Felt pretty darn good.
Then... boom... depressed again about my weight and failure to get things done around the house. Decided to get a haircut and lift my spirits. And there they were... Girl Scout cookies. After I finished the box.... I just drove and cried.

Now I am here to finish my day "on program."
I am not quitting... I am not putting my tail between my legs and running away.
I am wiping the crumbs off my face and I am drying my tears and then continuing on my road to a healthier life. I am accepting the shame I feel ...and then leaving it behind ... inside the cookie box in the trash.
I AM NOT a failure. I am only a woman who occasionally fails. There is BIG difference.

I hope more of you come and post. NOT to me. Just post about your life, your day. Post what you are doing for your recovery.
I have tried to recover alone before... it worked worst than all my failures in here. LOL
At least here... I keep trying. Thanks for being here for me.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:26 PM   #7  
I'm on my way!

2Cute...whooaaa Girlfriend! YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE!! Look how far you have come! Get through with this cheating stuff....there is no such thing as cheating...you are making a choice for yourself...and look...you may have made a choice you would rather have not done...but in the past you would have kept making bad choices all day long. You only made that not so good choice once a day! You are such and inspiration to me! You do so much more than I do! I have made alot of not so good choices this week. I had good choice foods but ate too many of them. I dread the scale tomorrow.....but....I am not giving up. I will pick myself up by the boot straps tomorrow after my meeting and move forward. It didn't take me 3 months to put all this weight on and it sure won't take me 3 months to get it off. It will come off no matter how slow but it WILL come off eventually because I know and we all know that this is a new way of life for us. We have to be careful of the choices we make for ever! And when we make those better choices thats a step in the right direction. When I lost the 97 lbs the first time...every thursday night after my meeting I allowed myself to get whatever I wanted to dinner...whether it be McDonalds, Chinese food whatever...I never felt deprived that way and my favorite choice over time was the steamed shrimp with chinese vegetables. I looked forward to my treat each week and worked for it! So don't think you have failed for eating something you want. You can have anything you want! So girlfriend...put that smile back on your face and get your butt back here posting...we all love to read your posts...you are such a good friend to all of us and we can see you truly care about everyone! You are a good person!!

Andria...was there something else he could have brought you? Maybe a salad or a smaller burger? I had McDonalds kids meal one day last week and counted the points and I had a successful week. I know its hard when we don't plan ahead or forget our lunches....I have done that many times! But...forward we shall go...just don't give up because of the little mistakes we make...we are women hear us roar...we will lose this weight one way or another!

Lucky...instant gratification! Don't we all want it? LOL I would love to snap my fingers and be 100 lbs lighter tomorrow morning! If only!! But...it is the water and the moving of the body that makes this plan successful!! So shake your booty girl!!

Tina great loss...keep up the good work!

Mary hope your family is better today!

Well I hafta get the little boy bathed tonight and ready for bed. He is going to daycare tomorrow morning so I can go to my meeting! So not looking forward to that darn scale! I wonder if I hold my breath if it would help????

Hi to everyone else...have a great day! Michelle

Old 03-27-2002, 07:36 PM   #8  

Andria Don’t you hate it….but then I don’t understand why I don’t do better at planning so that doesn’t happen. I guess I have to say at least I am better because I recognize it – I didn’t in the past.

Oh,
2Cute Thanks for writing that. I have been feeling the same way but haven’t taken the time to write it down (I hope this doesn’t mean journaling DOES work???) I know I have much more compassion for people who are alcoholics or drug addicts or smokers. Sometimes I wonder if this just doesn’t require more work than I am willing to give? I should have done more introspection when I would read all the posts but did respond right away. I always look forward to coming here and reading and then posting but for the past week I just felt I didn’t have anything to write.

So, if you don’t quit, I won’t.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:36 PM   #9  

I had to come back one more time and share my GOOD news.
You put up with me in the down times... now I get to share the good.

Let me go back 10 years..... that is how long it has been since I have had a normal period. In fact I don't have any at all. The doctor blames it on my excessive weight. I am not in menapause. I have been taking pills every 3 months to make me start and even that quit working.
Well.... I STARTED tonight. !!!!!
That explains why I have been so depressed.
I am not a hopeless cause after all.

I have always suffered with depression the three days before I start for as long as I can remember. I feel like I have a ton of weight lifted off my shoulders.
I am soooooo relieved !!!!!! Hopefully you won't have to tolerate my mood swings for a long time to come. LOL At least 3 months. LOL

I also want to tell you I did stay on program for dinner. A nice steak and brocolli.
My husband and I went for a drive and he asked if he could stop and get an ice cream and I was confident I could resist. He changed his mind so I didn't have to find out... but I did not want any. Well... I wanted some.. but not bad enough. LOL

Thanks again for being here for me. Thanks for tolerating my mood swing. Thanks for being YOU.

Luckylady you are stuck here for years to come. No one is quitting. First we are going to lose this weight..... THEN we are going to help others lose theirs.

Michelle.. thank you so much for your caring. It is so nice to know you are here for me. I hope I return the favor when you need it.

I feel soooooo GOOD !!!! Who would have thought I would be so happy to start my stupid period.
Old 03-28-2002, 03:01 AM   #10  

Hi there,

The nightcapper is here. I seem to be the last one posting everyday.

2cute, I'm glad you're feeling better. I felt the same way these last three days too. I've binged like I've never eaten before. and today--lo and behold my TOM came. I feel so much better. I cut my hair and feel lighter and as high as a kite. I love these hormonal changes. Joke! My PMS lasted three weeks this month. Three weeks of chocolate cravings. I'm glad I kept up the exercising though. I hope to be under control until Saturday evening.

Sweet dreams,
Malia
Old 03-28-2002, 08:45 AM   #11  
a work in progress...

Oh my goodness! I could feel the hormones flying! I'm so glad you girls are feeling better! That PMS is a SCOURGE...I could eat anything that crosses my path when I am PMSing...and it is never enough!

This whole 'thing' is so frustrating...at least when an alcoholic or a drug addict attempts to kick their addiction, they are not required to consume the very thing that they are trying to beat...IT"S HARD!!! We have so many emotional issues attached to our food...I am such a total carb addict...bread, especially cookies, I often cannot control...I manage to go for a few days doing really well, and god knows why, (it's not only PMS) I go off...

I think Michelle is right, we need to change the mindset that we "cheat" ...By incorporating into our diet (in moderate amounts) the very things that we think of as BAD, we take away the guilt and shame associated with "cheating," thereby keeping those cravings at bay. My sister and I used to do the same thing as you, Michelle, after Wednesday night weigh in, we were allowed to eat ANYTHING that we wanted. Having that to look forward to, made such a difference in controlling the feelings of deprivation!!

I admire everyone's honesty. It's very comforting to know that we are not alone here...we all feel the same things...and we are all here for each other...Thank you all for that!

I have to go...being summoned by my son for "Sponge Bob." He's off from school, so we get to watch BOTH episodes today!

love to all...
Old 03-28-2002, 10:01 AM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Morning all
I can't seem to get my fingers moving this morning.
2cute glad to see you are feeling better. I do not miss my TOM at all.

I cooked sloppyjoe with the crumbles DH said it was really good. Both of my men are better. DS was told if he missed one more days work he would be fired.
well I have work to do hope we all stay op today.
Old 03-28-2002, 10:55 AM   #13  

Smile Thankful Thursday

Here it is Thankful Thursday already.
This week from **** still has 4 more days lefts and for that I am thankful.

I am headed out the door to see my parents and will probably spend the night there. So that means I won't be here.
I don't know our plans for this weekend. The weather is beautiful so we will probably...well DH will probably go fishing. It is just so hard for me getting in and out of that darn boat. Last year I remember this year would be my summer. Oh well, no since crying over spilt milk. Just focus on TODAY.

I will be back as soon as I can. Love to you all.
Old 03-28-2002, 03:06 PM   #14  
I'm on my way!

Ok I need a drum roll.........and a fan for fanning me back from passing out! I actually had another loss this week...2.2 lbs! Thats 9.4 lbs in two weeks...I kinda wanted my 10 lb ribbon this week but I guess I shouldn't be greedy! I guess if I didn't eat too much of the stuff I did I would have had that extra half pound off and gotten my ribbon...that will teach me!!

Well, after my meeting I was running errands and Andrew and I stopped at McDonalds...and since dinner out with John's dad was cancelled for tonight I decided to treat myself to that once a week treat I always allow myself. I got a cheeseburger happy meal....yes...I wanted to toy for myself...I will admit it....I ate the happy meal and I had a 1 pt. skinny cow fudge bar and I was totally satisfied. I counted my points, wrote it in my journal and onward I march!! There isn't anything we can't have if we truly want it! I hope I am on my way again to losing this weight and marching toward my goal! I truly truly want it!!

2Cute...have a safe trip. We will be waiting here for you when you get back!

Kat...I know that if someone told me I CAN'T have that or I CAN'T have this then I want it even more...and the more the better...but allowing myself to have whatever it is once a week takes all the fun out of NOT being able to have it! Know what I mean!! LOL I hate deprivation of any kind!! I have started buying the small bags of chips, the fat free jello puddings in the cups, the skinny cow ice cream sundaes, sandwiches and fudge bars...they may be expensive..but heck I deserve them...I don't think twice about spending $8 at McDonalds....getting the single serving sizes makes it easier for me to count the points because its all measured out. That helps me stay within points. If I want two of something I eat two..but I write the points! Heck...for 1 pt each for those fudge bars I could eat 3 in one night and not have a problem. They are big and satisfying!!

Grannie where does your son work that they threatened to fire him because he was sick? Thats so wrong! I haven't tried the crumbles yet but everyone says they are great!

Malia. I need a haircut too. I always feel much better about myself afterwards! FOr that chocolate craving...do you have the skinny cow Ice creams in your grocer's freezer section! LOL THose fudge bars are huge for 1 point!! They work for me!

Lucky don't you dare quit! Just make one change each week...start with adding the water, then eating veggies and fruits, then maybe walking. Eventually all the changes will become habits and you will see the weight coming off. It didn't come on over night....so it will take time to come off. I know I always want instant gratification! If you do it slow it won't feel like work! Keep your chin up...we are here for you!

Well I have to run...my little boy wants someone to play blocks with him! You all have a great day! I will be back to check in on everyone later!

Chow for now! Michelle
Old 03-28-2002, 06:47 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everyone! I'm ashamed that I haven't been here in such a long time. My week has been crazy-busy. Today was an 8 hour job at a K-Mart. Boy, now I remember why I don't do retail anymore!!

Food has been so-so. I'm sort of watching, sort of not. When I'm on the road so much, I usually grab what I can in a hurry. That does not always equal 'healthy'. I need to work on it as I'm going to be crazy-busy for the next couple of weeks.

Duckie: 4 Pounds! Woohoo! * I floured and fried the perch, but I have baked Cod Filets and Salmon in the oven and I've also done it on my George Foreman. I did try Salmon on the grill outside, just wrapped in foil. All of it was very good.

Tina: 6.5 Pounds! WOW!! You done good, kid! Don't even think about it as 'bragging'. My gosh, that's what we're all around here for.....to share in the successes and failures of all our friends. * Captain D's and Long John Silvers do not even count as eating fish. They're all fried!!!

Katrina: Did you try the Squash recipe the other night? How did it turn out. Be honest now. * I bet you are feeling a bit 'tighter' already. It doesn't take long to get some of those muscles at least feeling like they're toning.

Michelle: WOW another 2.2#'s! You are doing so well! * I love my Foreman. Definately worth getting out.

Susie: 2 pounds! Good for you! * The 'screw up' was just one day, you can move on and get over it. Go, kiddo, you're doing great!!!

Mary: Gosh, you're cutting the lawn already?? It's still freezing here. I loved the part about your son not talking being a blessing. Boy, that would be heaven around here.

LuckyLadyBug: Sounds like you're the computer wiz at your house. * I have found that getting in a little protein at every meal really helps me stave off the hungries. Even if it's just a slice of cheese, or Eggbeaters in the morning. They say 'if it swims or flies' it's healthy. Another way I've heard it put is 'if it has fins or feathers' it's healthy. I cook my boneless skinless chicken breasts from their frozen state, so even if I just walk in the door late, suppers only about 20 minutes away.

Nancy (muddypaws): Welcome aboard! We'd be glad to have you join us.

Andria: Sounds like your life has been extra busy too.

2cute: I'm sorry I missed your 'meltdown', but Michelle is right. If we think of OP as not eating anything that isn't healthy, we'll never get this weight off. We have to be able to have anything we want, just know what portion is a healthy portion. (eating the whole carton of Healthy Choice Ice Cream is NOT healthy) There's no reason why any food won't fit into our program. If you're counting WW points, then count them. If you're counting calories, then count those. It will all fit and we won't feel deprived if we allow ourselves some of the yummy stuff too. * I bet you really enjoyed your week with the girls. Too bad you can't ditch the 'boyfriend' once in awhile, but I'm sure that's out of the question. * Have a safe trip to your folks.

Malia: I hate hot, muggy weather. That's why Michigan is so perfect for me.....summer is only July 30th and 31st. Before that, it's spring and after that it's fall, however, here lately winter is getting longer and milder. Go figure!

Well girls, DH is home and it's time to get some dinner on the table. I'll try not to make it such a long stretch before we chat again.

"Ultimately, love is self-approval." - Sondra Ray
Closed Thread