Old 07-29-2007, 06:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/188/145

Height: 5'9"

Exclamation Zero Carb Isopure Shakes??

Hey Everyone,

As anyone tried the Zero Carb Isopure Shakes? I've heard of people drinking these shakes for breakfast and lunch, then a low carb meal for dinner. Has anyone heard about this or tried it? Thank You!!
diet4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #2  
Determined Loser

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'5

Hi diet4ever, I used the zero carb protein shakes before I switched back to weight watchers. I did drink a shake for breakfast and then another for lunch. They do keep you pretty full because they have so much protein (50g in 2 scoops). The serving size is 2 scoops for, I think, 8 oz. of water which makes it thick. I have the cookies and cream flavor, which is ok, but I would probably stick to chocolate or vanilla.
If you do decide to buy it I would order it online, I did and saved around $30.
Good luck and hope I could help!!

Kelly
KellyZ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:23 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by diet4ever View Post
Hey Everyone,

As anyone tried the Zero Carb Isopure Shakes? I've heard of people drinking these shakes for breakfast and lunch, then a low carb meal for dinner. Has anyone heard about this or tried it? Thank You!!
While I'm not familiar with Isopure shakes...the concept of drinking a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch & then eating a low carb meal for dinner puts me in mind of Slim Fast or Optifast. While these methods might work short term, successful & permanant weight loss is achieved by changing your eating habits for the rest of your life. Personally, drinking a shake for lunch & one for dinner is not something I could do for a lifetime. The beauty of low carb is the variety of foods you can eat & still lose weight!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:09 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I tried one of these once. I was stuck out shopping and didnt have anything to eat, and the hunger started up something fierce. I had one of these shakes, and had a wicked wicked headache by the time I finished the shake. I suspect it was from the sweetener.....so I have stayed away from them ever since.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:52 AM   #5  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I think if you find a protein powder that's carb-free and you like it, there's nothing wrong with mixing one up for a meal replacement if you're on the go. If it's between eating nothing at all, eating convenience food or mixing a shake--I'd go for the shake. That said, I don't think I'd use it as a replacement for two meals a day! I love my real food too much
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

i agree whikle they may be convenient i think its more important to eat healthy food that isnt packed with preservatives or ingredients you cant pronounce, but if this is something that you think would work for you i see nothing wrong with trying them but its a long term solution. although i am planning on doing atkins until i reach my goal weight then switching to more of a balanced diet like the zone... so its all about personal preference and what works for you
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

i meant its a short term solution oops
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I guess I should mention that after this particular incident, I started carrying a small baggie of the protien powder I use at home. Keeping it in my purse for just this type of emergency....its easy to pour the powder into a bottle of water and shake ......and water is usually pretty easy to find when you are out and about.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:23 AM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

i found that the one cab shakes from EAS actually threw me out of ketosis. I was eating shake for brekafast, tuna for lunch and a meat vegie for dinner and that is so low carb I do not think i was taking in 20 carbs total. BUT people are different, that was my experience, i used to take the shakes frequently when i was not dipping (my plan does not call for it but started it to keep meon line) and still lost, but that was 5 years ago.

worst you can do is try it and stall for a few days, or fall out of ketosis. so what it is only a few days, you have a long journey ahead of you, see what works best for you.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #10  

Thanks everyone for your help! I started drinking the Isopure Shakes on Tuesday, I got the Cookies N Creme flavor which isn't too bad. I sometimes have trouble getting the entire 12oz down because it seriously feels me up. I wouldn't say I look forward to drinking them, but they arent bad! I have lost a couple pounds already doing this. I think my body is in shock! haha, I have been eating 1 or 2 good sized low carb meals a day, and drinking one or 2 of the shakes. I know it has only been a few days but so far so good!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #11  

I just tried this brand recently and I really like it alot so far. I'm using it mostly as a "treat". I have both the Cookies and Cream and the Vanilla. I put it in the blender with some cold water, some Hood's Low Carb Milk, Ice, and with the vanilla - some Davinci's syrup (peach - yummy). It is really good made this way and I'm going to keep mixing up flavors and trying them.
KimberMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:09 PM   #12  

That sounds pretty good! I might try that too!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:58 PM   #13  

Where have you found these at, i'd like to try one
slimdownmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #14  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I just recently bought the Isopure Zero Carb protein online (a 3lb container of powder for $36 including shipping)--I got the Cookies and Cream flavor. It's sweetened with sucralose (splenda)--and I have a feeling when I get back to school, it'll be a good "quick" meal to bring with me to class (as two days a week, I'm not going to have time to break for lunch).

When I get it in, I'll give my review! I'm hoping it's good-tasting
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote