General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Default Any Hall & Oates Fans Here?

Just got "back into them" this past year, after seeing their "Our Kind Of Soul" concert on high-def TV. Wow, are they still amazing, especially Daryl!!! (You won't believe he's 60, girls, no way! ) Saw them in concert in Connecticut last month ... OMG! Now here I am, buying their CDs, DVDs, etc. again ... and I'm an old lady!
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #2  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I always enjoyed Hall and Oates.

Can't believe Darryl is 60 either. Note to self maybe it's me that's getting older too.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #3  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I recently found a box of cassette tapes, yes, TAPES in my closet. There was one Hall & Oates Greatest Hits in there. Now you're making me go hunting for the CD I know I have. I love the song Sara Smile, don't know why but the song just grabs me
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/165/143

Height: 5"8.5

I've been into them since I was a little girl. I can't believe this is a thread!!! When I saw it my heart skipped a beat, I love them so much, they're a huge part of my musical life!!

I have some of their stuff on vinyl and my ringtone is "Out of Touch" (big bam boom album, 1984)!!! My dream is to record a song with them. They're so musically gifted. Right from when they were doing folk songs with Daryl on mandolin their songs were so beautiful. What's kinda cool is, here in Australia, they've sort of faded away from the public mind so they're like my own little obsession that I don't have to share. I asked some kids in a coffee shop if they knew Hall and Oates, and they had no idea, so I said, "you know, Maneater?" and they said, "oh that's Nelly Furtado"

Ive never known any artist to write in so many genres so well! And Daryl is my favourite male singer, his voice is so perfect! Ok, I'll stop gushing, but babenwaiting, you so asked for it, bringing them up
Diana the Hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #5  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

I love them! I've been a fan since I was little. Last year I saw them live for the first time and I was so impressed. Of course they sound good on the radio, but not everyone can put on such a great live show!
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:22 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I've always been a fan! But...recently got back into listening when they did the Spinners song Whenever I Call You-I'll Be There, love that song! The Spinners version is my all time favorite but Hall & Oates are up there with them...it is a good CD.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

SO HAPPY to see all these replies for my guys. Their website ... hallandoates.com ... is a very good one if you're interested in chatting with other fans and finding out more about their lives now.

My favorite song by them is "One On One" ... Daryl is an amazing singer, and doesn't look too shabby either, does he, girls? Also love all the PURE Soul they sing!
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote