Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:42 PM   #1  

Talking Home of the Loozing Floozies #25

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate, support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!
Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!

Old 08-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #2  
Losing it!

Little baby Deward is just over 8 weeks old! I would say he was a cute little thing...but I'm not sure...he kinda resembles....hmmm Cheryl, did you sleep with a frog???? {{{Grins}}} Here in a few weeks he is going to be a cute little bugger.

I'm staying 100% on plan! Hard to believe even for me. Today was day 24 with nothing illegal passing my lips. I am feeling good and my clothes are getting looser. For me, this is the best plan ever, I have no major hunger and the cravings are minimal.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:50 AM   #3  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I guess I have missed something somewhere Gayle...have you changed plans? What are you doing differently? Come on...share your secrets!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:52 AM   #4  
Janice

Good for you Gayle 24 days. I have a new plan I am going to try to lose 1 pound a week. I think I won't be so overwhelmed and even if it takes a year I will get where I want to be. Baby Steps!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:44 AM   #5  
Losing it!

I order pizza out every night girls...... you wanna know the secret????
I throw away the pizza and eat the box!! LOL! Don't you all get tired of my humor????
Actually, I am eating low carb, low fat, low calorie...Atkins on a diet basically. I tried Atkins a few years ago, but couldn't wrap my mind around eating so much fat and so many calories. I can't believe just within a few days I had no cravings. Once I reach maintenance, I can start adding fruits, WW pasta, rice etc. I know this plan wouldn't work for many, but for me, I'm loving it!
Old 08-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Gayle~your plan sounds a lot like the Kimkin's plan. It's like a low fat version of Atkins. My DH's aunt is doing it and it's working for her, too (but she has way more to lose than you--I'd be surprised if she weighs less than 400).

My plan seems to be working as well. I'm still above ticker weight at 145.5 (I'm going to move my ticker tomorrow to whatever the scale says--I'm sure it will still be up, though). I made it through yesterday without alcohol! That (as you know) is a big hurdle for me. I love my wine! As long as it isn't in the house, I'm fine. There are tons of other liquors in the house and I can leave them alone most of the time.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 08-03-2007, 12:14 AM   #7  
Losing it!

Allison, I am on about day 28 or so without alcohol or wine. Miracles do happen. I'm like you, I can leave the liquor alone but the wine keeps calling my name. You guessed it, I'm doing ******* too.

Well, my money this week is going for a new windshield replacement. Somehow I ended up with a crack in it. Never fails, there is always something.

I hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 08-03-2007, 05:54 AM   #8  

Gayle-Good for you staying OP! I'm proud of you!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:29 AM   #9  
Losing it!

Down 2 more pounds today. I will stall for 4-5 days, then drop a pound or two. Must be my body trying to adjust or it just isn't wanting to give up the "fluff" it's use to. LOL!
Thanks Shelley, I'm proud of myself too... this is the first time in forever I have been able to stay on plan...day 26 for me. Most days in the past, I couldn't have even made it until noon.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

I have been so off program it isn't funny. I am going to give myself another week and then I am getting serious. School ended this week, so I am finally free! No more tests to grade for a month!! I need the break. I am really burned out this summer.
This coming week, Rob and I are heading to Salem Mass for vacation. Going to go to Boston one day and walk the Freedom Trail. May take a day trip up to Maine, but no real plans.

As I said, as soon as I get home from vacation, I am back on the diet and serious this time. Will be looking for lots of hints!
Old 08-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #11  

Debbi-Enjoy your time off!

Gayle-Yay on the 2 lbs lost!! Keep it up!

I'm afraid to WI tomorrow. Even though I have been doing well, my weight is showing back up some. We'll see.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:42 PM   #12  
Losing it!

GOOD LUCK SHELLEY WITH WEIGH-IN! Do you think it is the heat & water retention?

Debbi, the trip sounds exciting!
Old 08-04-2007, 09:47 AM   #13  

Gayle-I think my foot injections have something to do with the slow down of weight loss. I was up 1lb
Old 08-04-2007, 02:15 PM   #14  
Losing it!

If it is like a steroid Shelley, then probably so. Do you drink water? Maybe if you up your water, it will help flush some of it from your system. Just a thought.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Just found this on the web:

Consumers should not eat certain brands of French-cut green beans because of concerns they could be tainted with the toxin that causes botulism, U.S. health officials warned on Friday.
The FDA said the affected Lakeside French-cut green beans are sold nationwide under the brands Albertson's, Happy Harvest, Best Choice, Food Club, Bogopa, Valu Time, Hill Country Fare, HEB, Laura Lynn, Kroger, No Name, North Pride, Shop N Save, Shoppers Valu, Schnucks, Cub Foods, Dierbergs, Flavorite, IGA, Best Choice and Thrifty Maid.

The warning applies to cans with the following codes:

EAA5247, EAA5257, EAA5267, EAA5277, EAB5247, EAB5257, ECA5207,

ECA5217, ECA5227, ECA5297, ECB5207, ECB5217, ECB5227, ECB5307.

Consumers who have the products should dispose of them immediately, the FDA said.

Botulism symptoms include dizziness, double vision, difficulty in breathing and abdominal problems. People with those symptoms who may have eaten the recalled green beans should seek immediate medical attention, the FDA said.
Closed Thread