Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 09:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Post Stay At Home Mom's #38

Hi!
Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor as we share our lives as we restore health, lose weight and raise a family!! We welcome newcomers as well as all of our regulars!

Be sure to go back to SAHM'S #37 to catch up on what has been going on in our lives.

Last edited by Freckles; 03-26-2002 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2002, 09:47 PM   #2  

Good Evening!

Phew! Thread #37 was growing by leaps & bounds & I think that 4 pages was a bit too much to scroll. (Nine pages printed)
I decided to print it all up to play catch up & will read it in bed tonite instead of a book or magazine. Ginny: Glad that you took the time out of your busy/chaotic life to check in with us!
Misty: Yours sounds a bit chaotic too! For the rest of you:
I'm glad to see you posting here with me. I've had a very tough day staying OP today. It was tough, but I made it the whole day without cheating! I was so involved with surfing the web & watching tv today that I forgot to check when my 60 min. of pedlin' were up & ended up pedlin' 76 min.! I ended up burning up over 800 calories!! I sure hope I see a downward mark on the scale pretty soon. I haven't weighed myself since Saturday, so I can't really tell you how I'm doing. Seeing that tomorrow is the middle of the week, I may hop on. And for the Easter candy: I didn't buy any yet & don't plan to 'til Friday. I'm not buying much this year & decided to replace the candy with useful things like: Spring socks for dd (the fun kind!!) & some other little trinkets like maybe hair stuff. DS is still into Legos, so this is probably what I'll buy him. For the candy that I do buy:
I'll have to try & buy the stuff I don't like. Well, time to get ready for bed & watch the news. I'll check in with you all tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2002, 07:41 AM   #3  

Default Hello Everyone

Cant stay on long just wanted to pop on and say I will be thinking of you all and I will check back later
Take Care
Sheila
Old 03-27-2002, 09:08 AM   #4  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Angry Good Morning!!!

My morning has been very crazy! Everyone woke up in a crabby mood! I'm the only one allowed to do that! I did my best to cheer them. Dh went out the door laughing so it must have worked. Kids are still being monsters though.
Jackie, It's good to hear from you. That workout has to have some results soon. 76 minutes is great! I had to copy you and fix my bike so I can surf the web too! It made me even more motivated. Thanks for the great idea.
Hi Sheila!!! Thinking of you too! Hope you are having no problem staying OP!

As for me, I'm doing good. I stayed OP yesterday. I'm still going 20 miles on the bike. Today is laundry day! Dh has been changing 3x a day due to all the rain and mud. That makes it so hard for me to keep up. Hope you all have a great OP day!!!!
Misty
Old 03-27-2002, 10:48 AM   #5  
hangin' in there...

Just a quick check-in... I've been on a mad cleaning spree! I needed to come up for air!

Hope all is well with everyone. Weighing in tonight at work... hoping for a bit of a loss. No Easter candy here... I do "themed" baskets. This year it's reading... everyone's getting books. Mimi brings them candy, but usually junk I don't like.

Gotta run. Will try to post more tomorrow or Friday. Talk soon...
Old 03-27-2002, 01:20 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!!!
Jackie, thanks for starting the new thread. You are something with all that time on the bike! I did the same thing and printed out the thread......... cause 4 pages is too much for my lame brain to handle. Good to hear that you have a game plan for dammage control with the Easter candy. Did you hop on the scale yet?
Jen- my house needs help!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you get done cleaning yours....... Aw, I hope that you were successful cleaning up. The feeling of accomplishment when you get it all done is wonderful. Now, if it would only stay that way!
Misti- hope that you survived laundry day! (it just seems as though nothing else gets done that day, but I love an empty hamper!) You are still having a lot of rain? WTG with your 20 mile ride- how long does that take you to do?

As for me, I had a rough eating day yesterday. Dd and her miserable moods...........gosh I need some time off from her (awful of me to say that, isn't it?). I came home after being gone all day working and she chewed me out for not being home. Dh walked in the door an hour later and she welcomed him with the biggest hug and smile! Breaks my heart at times. I know my purpose here and really do not look for or demand to get a lot of atta boys from my family (I sort of function, if you know what I mean and do so out of love for my family) but I am lower than dirt to her (except when she needs a ride........... ) No, I am not down about it- and am going out to get my hair done tonite( to you Dd!) so that I can face a week of having the gang home on Easter break feeling good about myself.

Ok, I have babbled on and on here..........gotta go. Dd has piano lessons and then off to pick up Ds from extra help in math at school. Hope your day is going well!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to get back on later.

Ginny
Old 03-27-2002, 08:04 PM   #7  

Thumbs down

Hi Everyone!

I'm just popping in for a line or two, or three.......I hopped on the scale this a.m. & I was down 2#. I sure hope that I don't gain it back by tomorrow! The way I'm pedlin', drinking my water & being good OP, I don't know how I could gain now! Just a little tid bit for everyone: Smiles are contagious!! I had to take my FIL to an all-day appt. @ the hospital with my MIL & got him out of a crabby mood with teasing him & telling him jokes, which had a lot of laughs & smiles that followed. Laundry-that's another story in itself! Just when I get all caught up & no laundry in site, DH comes home with his from traveling all week! Ginny: I thought you wouldn't mind me opening up another thread. I hope you're enjoying your "New Dew"! Enjoy the spring break with the family! Jen: Good luck with your weigh-in. And the theme baskets: I think I'll stuff a book in each kids basket too. My 8 y/o dd just figured out that there's no Easter Bunny, so now I can do whatever I want with the baskets. Misty: I hope that everyone is in a better mood at your house. I'm glad to hear that you copied my idea about surfing the internet while pedlin'. Should we start a club & call us the Pedal-Web Surfers? Sheila: Thanks for checking in with us! Well, speaking of pedlin', I better sign off for now & start pedlin'.

Update: 3/28/02 I lost another pound!! This makes it a 3 # loss for this week & for the new challenge! :sheep:

Last edited by Freckles; 03-28-2002 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:28 AM   #8  
hangin' in there...

Quick post, because I have a sick baby in my arms. I feel like crud, too... head/chest cold, laryngitis, body aches, etc. Down a half pound at weigh-in last night. Half is better than none, I suppose.

Gotta get dd and ds to swim class. I will chat more when I can. I'm keeping up with everyone, just don't have a chance to address you all individually right now. Have a great OP day, guys. Talk soon...
Old 03-28-2002, 12:01 PM   #9  

Spryng:

I sent you a personal message in reference to Fit For Life. Let me know if you got it, okay? I'm not sure if it went thru or not because when I checked my "sent" file in PM, it didn't show up!
Old 03-28-2002, 03:01 PM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Hi~!!!!!!!!!
Just a quick check in- and I hope to get back on later.
Jen- too bad that you have a sick little one and you are not feeling well either. I hope that you can all get the rest that you need to feel better! Congrats on losing 1/2 #!
Jackie- great job on losing 3 #!!! What a sweetie you are taking inlaws for their medical stuff...... And what a blessing you are keeping them on the up side of things! I know that can be hard with older folks- when a lot of the health news is threatening or potentially not so good. Hope that you got your peddling time in today, too.

As for me, I got a 35 minute walk in this am. My eating while not perfect has been pretty good.
Gotta go......I have been on the run most of the day and have a bit more to do! Have a great nite all, in case I do not get back later.
Ginny
Old 03-28-2002, 07:29 PM   #11  
SAHM Cheerbabe

I'm too tuckered for a long post. I hope you and your lil' one are better soon. My Dd is feeling poor. I had her around at the doctors today. Good to see your posts Jackie and Ginny. Take care girls. I'm off to rest.
Old 03-29-2002, 07:54 AM   #12  

Good Morning!

Wow! This feels good! It's Friday & I don't have to rush off & go anywhere today! I sure hope that the rest of the family sleeps in. Well, I'm gearing up for Easter & I think that I'd better stock up on pts. so that I can enjoy my Easter dinners. For lunch we are going out to a country club for a buffet with my side of the family. For dinner we are going to my inlaws.
I'm still going to watch what I put in my mouth though & try and make good choices. I've worked too hard to lose the wt. that has already dropped off my fat body & I don't need any more fat cells growing on me. Why is it that the older we get, we lose more brain cells & replace them with fat cells? Ginny: I thought that you'd get a chuckle out of this one! Oh!, and I did get a chance to pedal yesterday & again I stayed on longer than 60 min. (67 min. to be exact) I burned 760 calories & turned the resistance up to 7. I originally started with 5, then 6 & now I plan on staying @ 7 for awhile. I have to tell you all how hard I had to work for my popcorn snack yesterday. I always pop my own in the microwave in a bag. The first batch I made only had a few kernals that popped & dd beat me to it. The next batch that I made, dh wanted some. So...I put it in a large bowl & by the time I came back from putting another load in the washer, he had already ate up all the popcorn! I then popped some more, only to have it burn on me. So...I then made some more & decided to put it in a clear microwave safe bowl. Well, I guess it should have had liquids in it because when it was time to take it out, it was melted tight to the bottom of the tray. So....out went my next batch into the trash! So...I made my last batch in a paper bag again & thank goodness that batch turned out & I got a little bit greedy & said it was all mine! Hmmn...I wonder how many calories I burned in the process? Jen: Sorry to hear that you & the little one are not feeling well. I hope that you are all better by Easter. Congrats on the 1/2 # loss! It's good that you're heading in the right direction! Misty: I hope that your dd is feeling better. What did the doctor say? Hopefully with a little rest, you all will feel better soon! Where are the rest of you gals? Well, I better get going & check my e-mail & get on with the rest of my day. I hope you all have a Happy Easter & watch out for the chocolate bunnies!
Old 03-29-2002, 09:06 AM   #13  
hangin' in there...

Misty, how is dd? My dd was up last night with an earache. She is sleeping in late this morn, but we may be at the doc's later.

Everyone else sounds like they're doing so well! Jackie, your peddlin' power is amazing! And congrats about the weight dropped! Sheila, keep walkin' to those tapes and don't worry about anyone catching you at it! How's the smoking going? Just think of how good you're going to feel! Jackie, your popcorn story cracked me up! Sounds like something that would happen here, too. I hope your popcorn was absolutely delicious!

Well, I am still not feeling great... no energy and I had a terrible eating day yesterday. So, now I feel double-yuck, with the cold and the terrible eating. Funny, since I've been eating so well for the past few weeks, one day of eating junk makes me feel like junk. It is definitely NOT worth it!

So, my plan for the day... take care of this cold and eat well. I have not been on my bike for 3 days, so I will make a huge effort to peddle today, if only for 10 minutes.

I hope everyone else has a great day! Keep up the success stories... they are greatly encouraging.

Talk soon...
Old 03-29-2002, 12:36 PM   #14  

Default Hello ALLLL

Hi Everyone
I am in a particularly GREAT mood today.. I nervously stepped on the scale this morning , now keep in mind last week I was dealing with TOM , but my scale said 259.0. so that gives me a 6.5 pound LOSS !!!!!!!!!!!! I know it is mostly water loss but it is a LOSS just the same!!! I am sooo excited (maybe too much I know that it is mostly water) Anyhoooo not all of it was water ( I hope)
GEMINI I hope you feel better soon. My DD is dealing with a cold and soar thoat so she has been out for two days..She better get better by Monday I am going nuts!!My smoking isnt going as good as my working out . I just cant seem to give them up.. First thing in the morning before my brain cell works I light up . If I could think before I do it I wouldnt but it is like a reaction.. I dont even like the taste of them I hate how they smell and how I smell smoking .. Maybe I need extra help like the patch or something.. But before I use that I will check with my doc since I am on meds I am always leery what I can take so I dont get a bad reaction..I can go the rest of the day without them but the first thing in the morning is habit I know that..
FRECKLES How do you pop kernals in a bag?? I know it isnt rocket science but I always thought you need something to get the kernals to pop.. I wanted to buy a air popper but right now I have too many bills.( buying stuff yesterday made me feel guilty but I needed to wear something not so covering when I workout since I hate to sweat and I get an asthma attack if I get too overheated..)
LilBit I hope your DD feel better soon.
Well today is GORGEOUS and I wantto go outside but before I can I have inside stuff to do before I can.. I have a back yard to finish cleaning and bank errands and stuff so I will try to check back later if not I will talk to yall on Monday
Take Care
Sheila
Old 03-29-2002, 01:07 PM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
A quick hello (or at least I think a quick one!)
Sheila- you go girl! WTG on losing the 6.5#! I hope that Dd is feeling better so that you can get outside and enjoy some sunshine.
Gemini- sorry that your household has been struck by an earrache. Did you get to the Dr?
Jackie- you make me smile! (love the popcorn story........) WTG on the bike too, hotbuns! (betcha thought I was gonna let that die.........hehehehehe ) Thanks for finally having a good explanation of where my brain cells went. Poor suckers got turned into fat.........but where do they go when we lose weight (I know, I am doomed to be stupid here! )
Jen- everyone feeling better in your house yet?
Misti-how is your Dd feeling???????

I am doing ok. Went to the Dr yesterday for my BP check (it was fine) and he noticed my 20# loss since October. He only wants me down to 140#- says that WW guidelines are too low? Huh? What do you think??? But he was happy with me- and mentioned a sick statistic. I told him that I was able to get myself off of Prevacid (except if I have really overdone it with coffee) since losing these 20#. He told me I was one of the 10% (seems low!) who actually lose weight when told to do so by their Dr! So, that gave me a little kick in the behind. I would like to get to 140 by the end of May. Dd turns 16 (ugh) and it is our 20th anniversary. Think I can do this?????? hmmmmmmmm.
Gotta go, the gang is due back for lunch.
Have a great day.
Ginny
Closed Thread