Old 07-31-2007, 04:41 PM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! August 2007!!!

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!! Everyone is welcome to join!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:52 PM   #2  
I AM healthy!

Okay well I am all revved up! I lost 5 last month and I KNOW if I had stuck to my cal limit I could of lost more but oh well, I will take the 5.

I changed my tickers and am all geared up! Who is with me! If i really kick myself in the pants I can lose 11 and be down to 199 by the end of the month!
Old 07-31-2007, 06:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Why hello everyone, so good to hear from some of our ladies who have been MIA. I am home from the cottage this week as dh is helping out a friend at the hockey arena and acting as convenor for four days. We will also be home for the long weekend as our son is celebrating his birthday at the cottage (which he owns half of, for those who don't know) and I decided, since his girlfriend is extremely moody and will be there, and as well his friends and lots of booze, home is the place for me.

So I welcome Pita to our group as well as lodyangel.

Believe it or not I weighed in today and was down three pounds, I was thrilled. Considering I have not been exercising very much, bad knee and arm. Food I have been trying to be careful, looks like I am doing not too bad, water was good yesterday, coming along today.

This month I would like to lose 7-10 lbs. use my walking tape every day, get my water up to what it should be and even get some bike riding in. And last but not least, eat more fruits and veggies.

Jasmine you did fabulous with your walking, (read about the insult, some people just are not up on things and express themselves when they should not), anyhow great going and congrats on the loss. I am sure if you put your mind to it and don't get to stressed (re X and the likes) you will be down to 199 by the end of the month.

My weight today was 219.2, hopefully it will be down again by the end of the week, if I can shake my booty!

By the way, my daughter is now getting married here in our home town and having approx. 90 people. That was a bit of a shock, considering she always wanted to get married down South and it be small!!!! Like 8 people max. Oh well, I am just along for the ride.

Please anyone who prays, say a prayer for my aunt, she just had a quadruple by-pass today. She was only short of breath 3 times and healthy as a horse as far as we knew. It was a shocker, now we just have to pray it will all be okay, so we can use all the prays we can get for a very special Aunt Doris.

Till later, take care all. Miafluker doing great with the baby weight, keep it up.

Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I too have been MIA. I haven't weighed myself in months, but my clothes are pretty tight. I should weigh myself but what usually happens is I get really depressed and just give up. My best results were when I put the scales away for 2 months. I didn't see the fluctuation and it was so much easier. I lost like 12 pounds and it was awesome!

I've really kicked it into gear the last 4 days. I've been walking a min. of 3 miles each day and eating a low calorie diet. I have a goal of 1 million steps by the end of summer. I am almost to 700,000 so that is good. They put a gym in my work. I've only worked out once but I love the option. I'd rather stay after work then change and get sweaty in the middle of the day.

I also take those Alli pills as well. I was researching liposuction the other day, I just get so bummed.

Well I read the last months post. Thanks for the invite Jasmine. I've missed you guys. I need to keep myself accountable!
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:46 AM   #5  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

It’s back to work today for me! I am so bummed. I set my alarm for 7:00 and hit the snooze until 7:20. I got up and did 20 miutes of Denise austin and 29 minutes of yoga. I had planned on doing 35 minutes of Denise, but after hitting the snooze so many times, I don’t have the time. I will get it in tonight after work I guess. I’m not updating my ticker until after I get all my workout in, I guess sometime tonight. I’ll post it in the morning.

I weighed in at 220 this morning! I guess since TOM is here I will not be having a loss this week. I guess I should be happy that I am maintaining instead of gaining. Oh well, It will be better next week. Tomorrow i have a training so it will be up with me at about 6:00 to get my workout in. Sheesh! This is gonna be tough!

DS1 is 16 today! I just can’t believe it. My baby is almost all grown up! And I am getting so old! It has been 16 years since I was 17. (Yes, I had DS1 at 17.) Gosh I hate getting old! I’d like to be 20 forever.

Dolly that is awesome that you are still working out and even running some while pregnant! Keep it up!

Canuk congrats on the loss.

Stopeating...700,000 steps is awesome! I know you can make your goal.

Well I am off to my day.
-------------------------------
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:54 AM   #6  
I AM healthy!

Canuk4:

Quote:
We will also be home for the long weekend as our son is celebrating his birthday at the cottage
So glad you will be home!!! Come by here more often. He better clean up any mess.

Well when I was flipping thru the old threads grabbing names to pm(so I could try not to miss anyone), I kept seeing you over and over again worried about me and thinking about me wishing me the best, even though I was gone alot. That is so sweet. (I did see some of that when I swung by previously.)

You never gave up on me and knew I would return. Thanx for being there!!!! That is so sweet!

Quote:
Believe it or not I weighed in today and was down three pounds, I was thrilled. Considering I have not been exercising very much, bad knee and arm. Food I have been trying to be careful, looks like I am doing not too bad, water was good yesterday, coming along today.
That is great hun!!!! Change your profile and ticker!!

Quote:
Jasmine you did fabulous with your walking, (read about the insult, some people just are not up on things and express themselves when they should not), anyhow great going and congrats on the loss. I am sure if you put your mind to it and don't get to stressed (re X and the likes) you will be down to 199 by the end of the month.
*takes a bow*
Quote:
By the way, my daughter is now getting married here in our home town and having approx. 90 people. That was a bit of a shock, considering she always wanted to get married down South and it be small!!!! Like 8 people max. Oh well, I am just along for the ride.
Well thank goodness no Mexico!!

Quote:
Please anyone who prays, say a prayer for my aunt,
I am praying!!

stopeating:
Quote:
Hi everyone! I too have been MIA. I haven't weighed myself in months, but my clothes are pretty tight. I should weigh myself but what usually happens is I get really depressed and just give up. My best results were when I put the scales away for 2 months. I didn't see the fluctuation and it was so much easier. I lost like 12 pounds and it was awesome!
I did that when I was 15. I was about 220 and eventually got to 160! I weighed infrequently, I remember hitting 185 and being a size 14, then hitting 162 and being a 12 in jeans(which is probably a 10! lol)

You can measure yourself too! WTG!!!! You are doing great!!!
Quote:
I've really kicked it into gear the last 4 days. I've been walking a min. of 3 miles each day and eating a low calorie diet. I have a goal of 1 million steps by the end of summer. I am almost to 700,000 so that is good.
That is awesome!!! Keep it up!!!!
Quote:
They put a gym in my work. I've only worked out once but I love the option. I'd rather stay after work then change and get sweaty in the middle of the day.
Try 2 days a week to start.
Quote:
I also take those Alli pills as well. I was researching liposuction the other day, I just get so bummed.
Be careful taking any pills hun! Pills are foreigners to our bodys and most are toxic and may have extreme side effects!!

Quote:
Well I read the last months post. Thanks for the invite Jasmine. I've missed you guys. I need to keep myself accountable!
I missed you to and glad you are back!

lodyangel:

Quote:
t’s back to work today for me! I am so bummed. I set my alarm for 7:00 and hit the snooze until 7:20. I got up and did 20 miutes of Denise austin and 29 minutes of yoga. I had planned on doing 35 minutes of Denise, but after hitting the snooze so many times, I don’t have the time. I will get it in tonight after work I guess. I’m not updating my ticker until after I get all my workout in, I guess sometime tonight. I’ll post it in the morning.
Yeah you getting up and exercising!!! Weigh in the a.m. , that is usually the lower reading.
Quote:
I weighed in at 220 this morning! I guess since TOM is here I will not be having a loss this week. I guess I should be happy that I am maintaining instead of gaining. Oh well, It will be better next week. Tomorrow i have a training so it will be up with me at about 6:00 to get my workout in. Sheesh! This is gonna be tough!
I seen a sig once it said, being fat is tough, losing is tough, maintaining is tough, cHOOSE YOUR TOUGH!!!

You are doing great!

Quote:
DS1 is 16 today! I just can’t believe it. My baby is almost all grown up! And I am getting so old! It has been 16 years since I was 17. (Yes, I had DS1 at 17.) Gosh I hate getting old! I’d like to be 20 forever.
If you were 20 forever you would be dead. Lets just work on growing old gracefully. Remember we will always be younger than someone and we can do our best to look our best.

My eldest dd is 14.5. ugghhhh

Well I did weigh this a.m. It says 210.5! Not bad after all those bd days. I got back on track with food yesterday and came in at 1871 cals, still on the high side but my maintenace cals with 90 minutes walking is 3051. The day before I was at 2702! Yeah, NOT good!

So I sat here last nite and decided that if I walk:

5 days at 90 minutes (3051 cals for maintenance)
1 day at 60 minutes (2767 cals for maintenance)
1 day at rest (2207 cals for maintenance)
= 20,229 cals for a week/ 7 = maintenance-7000 cals for 2 pounds lost= 13,229 cals for the week divided by 7 days = 1890 cals

So basically ON PAPER Of I walk 90 minutes 5 days a week, 1 day at 60 and 1 day at rest and eat an average of 1890 calories, I should still lose 2 pounds a week.

But then I reminded myself, that is NOT the problem. The problem is not I am hungry and need a few 100 more a day. Most the time I have NO problem doing 1600-1700 cals. The days when I am "binging" it seems like no amount of cals is sufficient and I just want to keep eating and eating.....KWIM?
1890 is not going to cut it. I was at 2700 the other day and felt like I still could of ate more! Ugghhhh

The culprit? Color me silly but I was having diet 7 up all weekend!!! I normally try to limit soda to once a week, even diet. And when I start hitting the bottle it seems like my appetite goes crazy and I am not really hungry but just feel like eating! I made a huge pitcher of green tea last nite and there is no more diet soda so lets see how I do today. *sigh*
Old 08-01-2007, 10:04 AM   #7  
I AM healthy!

Well while we are doing imaginary numbers

= 20,229 cals for a week/7 = maintenance-10500 cals SO I CAN LOSE 3 POUNDS a week= 9729 cals for the week divided by 7 days = 1390 cals

Hmmmnnn...intriguing. SO if I do all that walking, stick to 1390 calories a day I can lose 3 pounds a week! Does that sound safe to anyone? I wouldn't mind trying but I am scared I would plateau. Then what?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:16 AM   #8  
I AM healthy!

Does anyone want to try a 1400 calorie day week with me?

It SEEMS like I would be fine. I remember back when I was doing court stuff in June, I fell from 220-214, lost 6 pounds in a week! (now maybe 1-2 could of been water retention but who knows) Now I know normally 6 pounds is NOT healthy and I would never STRIVE for that. But 3, for me, given this formula, is safe. IMO. Cause I am burning alot more walking so much. 1400 cals is safe.

The point is I lost the 6 pounds, I think I gained 1 back and started the month at 215. Then lost 5 more. So its not like I lost it and gained it all back once eating went back to a little more normal. At the end of the dauy it is cals in/cals out and it seems to me that if i lose on 1400, as long as I don't go over maintenance I won't gain it back.

I think i will try this for a week. I am kind of mad at myself for walking SOOOO much and only losing 5 pounds! This may be a great way to jump start thge month and I really do want to be in wonderland soon!!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:17 AM   #9  
I AM healthy!

(Besides maybe if I strive for 1400, and fall short and hit 1700, I will be right on target!) hahahahahahahahaha
Old 08-01-2007, 11:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello and thanks Jasmine for the invite. I would love to join your group.

My goal for this month is to get my eating back on track - healthier-all of the time instead of 2-3 days a week. Also, to excercise more....I'm only doing 3 days a week (with a personal trainer) I need to get more cardio in. I am gonna keep track of it...usually if I write down something - I do better.

Anyway thanks for opening your arms to me.

little about me-40 yrs old, live in so. AL, married, one son 15 1/2, work 8-5 for a car dealership-sit behind a desk ALL DAY. Just moved and have not got house organized yet-I'm a procrastonator..... Love God, Life, Family and Friends...basically thats it - wanna know anything else - just ask.

Have a great day everyone,

Tina
tmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #11  
I AM healthy!

TMAria

Hi! So glad to have you. Have you tried cal counting before? For me I TRY to follow a whole foods lifestyle with some cal counting thrown in. That works best cause I can still over eat on whole foods. lol

Quote:
I am gonna keep track of it...usually if I write down something - I do better.
Some of the ladies at 3fc use fitday.com, it is FREE and you can customize your own foods and just click and add to daily calories. Like my brown spanish rice, I can add up all the cals and ingredients etc and formulate it to my specifications and voila, next time all I do is click, Moms brown spanish rice and its all there. It also keeps track of percentages like carbs/proteins/fats so you can adjust. Sometimes I may plan a day and then I will say, oh fat is too high, I can adjust, add a different food, take off a food, smaller portion, etc.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Have you thought of walking on your lunch hour?
Old 08-01-2007, 01:21 PM   #12  
I AM healthy!

Okay so here is the plan for the day. I already walked my 90 minutes for the day. Yeah I know, no fruit. I usually eat a TON but am getting low. Need to get more.

6 Coffeemate mini tubs
1 cup Kefir Cult. Milk Smoothie Prob.Bberry
32 oz Coffee, made from ground, regular, flavored
1 Romeros Soft Taco Size Flour Tortillas
.50 cup Beans, pinto, mature seeds, cooked, boiled, without salt
1 oz Cheese, mozzarella, whole milk
.50 medium Tomatoes, raw
.12 cup diced Onions, mature, raw
.95 cup Chicken, breast, with or without bone, roasted, skin not eaten
1 cup Mom's Brown Spanish Rice
1/4 cup Walnuts
1 cup Broccoli, cooked, from frozen, fat not added in cooking
1 Centrum Vitamins
1/2 cup cauliflower, cooked, from frozen, fat not added in cooking

1400 calories on the dot

31% fat/43% carbs/26% protein

Oh and lots of green tea, no sugar!

Now lets see if I can stick to it!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Hello! Okay we went out to eat tonight and I did awesome! I was nervous but they had chicken cabob. It had 3 pieces of boneless white meat chicken, green peppers, fresh mushrooms, and onions laid on white rice and corn. It was sooooo good and really healthy. I could eat that more times per week!

I got my 10,000 steps in today. It's 96 degrees here so I didn't try to run. I didn't want to get discouraged. I will try the treadmill at work though (air conditioning!)

Jasmine I don't think 1400 calories is too low. I alsoway think of my low calorie diet in the same way, I aim for 1200 everyday knowing sometimes I get to 1500.

Hope everyone is doing well!
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi All, welcome to the newcomers!

I am just skipping in and out tonight, going to U.S. to look for bridal gowns for my daughter, up at 6 and leaving at 7:30pm. Got to bed this morning at 4:40am and up at noon, not enough sleep for me.

I am glad to see so many of our friends previously here, back, yipee!

Food today was lousy, one sandwich all day, had tomatoe on it and lean meat. Water was down even tho very warm out 95 degree's. Only exercise, was rushing here and there. Got a hair cut, not bad!!

Have a great day tomorrow ladies, go for the gusto.
Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:25 AM   #15  
Crawling

S/C/G: 227/160

Hi, everyone. I was invited over and hope I made it to the right place. I'd like to join in here. I definitely need support, but will give it too.

I quit smoking and had to do that first, before I lost the weight. I knew I couldn't smoke anymore and do the exercise required to lose weight ... or even be healthy.

So, I'm a non-smoker ready to start with some goals. Hope I've found the right place.

-Bee
CrawlWalkRun is offline   Reply With Quote