Old 07-30-2007, 01:37 PM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Weekly Chat 7/30 - 8/5

Hey gals! I'm finally BACK! Finally, after 11 days! It was supposed to be 10, but my flight was canceled Friday night and I had to stay over in Chicago. Crappy But at least my work trip for this week was canceled. I was happy about that because otherwise, I would only have been home for less than a day and a half before I had to leave again. And I REALLY missed DH. I'm so happy to be home now!

Oh and BTW, that job in Maryland I had been talking about... (I was talking about that in this group right?) well anyway I'm not taking it because it isn't being offered anymore. They are taking a different approach to filling the position, and hiring someone permanently down there. Anyway, I think it was a blessing in disguise. I missed DH VERY much this past time when I was gone on travel, and I never would have made it a whole year having to travel every week. And besides, now we don't have to put our baby plans on hold!

Oh also I got on the scale this morning and was down 1.2 from before I left! Super psyched about that. I'm going to WW tonight, but I'm not really going to count my WI. I switched to Saturdays a while back. I will go this Saturday as well and count that. I've just missed 2 meetings in a row now, and I really want to go tonight since its been so long. Mondays were previously my WI days and I know people that go to the meeting, so it should be good

Start posting ladies! Where have you all gone?
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:12 PM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I've been hiding under a pile of crazy! No Time right now but will post later
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:06 PM   #3  

Hey Kier did you see this and thought it was under the other Weight Watchers goup? Oh well! How are all you other ladies doing? No one is posting!

Last edited by modkittn; 07-31-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:13 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

You know what? I Totally did I guess I don't have the brain this week!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:30 PM   #5  

LOL It must be an epidemic! It's been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG week and it's only Tuesday!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:49 AM   #6  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Would you ladies mind if I joined?
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:17 AM   #7  

Not at all, everyone's welcome! Tell us a little bit about yourself!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #8  

WELCOME! It's been kind of quiet around here lately, but you'll find a great group of ladies here!

GREAT JOB ON YOUR LOSS LORI! Bummer about the job not working out, but these things happen for a reason.

I'm off the wagon again this week. I am so stressed. I have a feeling that our board is not going to let us order the materials I wanted for my classroom. But I hear they may give us a raise. Which is nice, but it would great if I got a raise and they bought me glue sticks. Last year I used my kids' Christmas gift of craft stuff in my classroom b/c I ran out of glue and they wouldn't buy me any. Plus, I am still working on this new job. DH bought alot of junk at BJ's and it's sitting there all handy and quick ready toe at when I run in or out the door. He needs to get it out of the house! Plus it is fair week, which always means junk food. But, we've only gone once so well see how the rest of the week goes. The fair is a big deal to us farmers BIL shows cows as do many cousins and neighbors.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:41 PM   #9  

Misty do you write off all the stuff you buy for your class on your taxes? I hope so, since you can do that! Just need to keep all those receipts.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:59 PM   #10  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Well, as my husband would say this isn't my first rodeo when it comes to WW's. I'm been off and on the plan for about 5-6 years. However, I plan on sticking with it this time and losing the weight. I'm Special Education teacher in GA. Happily married for 4 years on the 11th of August and I have 2 children. Last night I went to WI and lost 1.4. Wahoo!!!! I look forward to getting to know you all.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #11  

Congrats Dori! My anniversary is coming up as well, on the 30th of this month. It will be 5 years of marriage, and its been just over 9 since we started dating. No kids yet, though (I'm 27) but hopefully soon This is also my second time on WW. First time I reached goal weight, maintained for a little less than a year and gained most of the weight back. I'm DETERMINED to keep it off this time, though!
Old 08-11-2007, 08:25 PM   #12  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

hi everyone! Some of you I know and some I don't so I have been reading your posts and learning everyones name and stats! I posted "MY RETURN" post on July 5th. (I have been here many many times over the years!) Anyways.........after my post on the 5th and my anxious new attitude to get started my husband had a massive pulmonary embilisim on the 6th. He almost died that day. He collapsed in the bathroom and was unconscious until the ambulance arrived. Well after 7 hours in the ER they had come to the conclusion that he had a massive blood clot in his leg from his GROIN to his KNEE!!!!!!! Well that morning apparently some clots had broke loose and traveled through his heart and burst into his lungs. He was in PICU for 5 days and on the regular floor for 12 days!!!! Urgh! He is doing better but will not return to work until November. Anyways............my diet went out the hospital window so to speak. But, this last week (last Monday) I went back to work and started yet another diet! So far - so good. I'll keep reading your posts & recipes to get some motivation to get me through the next week. Good Luck to all of you this week! I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

MISTY......................AHHHHHHH! Life is hectic for you! Keep up your chin! I'm glad to be back!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:31 PM   #13  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...iversary-1.gif

Happy Anniversary LadyBug!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #14  

jar - I'm so sorry to hear about your husband, but glad to hear he got through that ok and will even be well enough soon to return to work. There hasn't been a lot of activity in here, unfortunately But maybe if we post more other people will pick up?
Old 08-12-2007, 07:23 PM   #15  

Hi all! This is going to be one of those marathon posts I think....so don't say I didn't warn you!

Welcome Ladybug! Happy anniversary a day late : Congrats!

Lori-You are doing really well. I'm sorry I've been so MIA lately, I'm gonna try to get on here more. My weight is way way up, my mood is way way down and I need some friends and support and I need to get my but in gear. Looking at your ticker is inspiring!

Jeanne, I was wondering where you were. I am sorry to hear about what your husband has been going through. I will keep him in my prayers and you as well. It's good things are settling down and you are able to focus on yourself a bit.

Things here are not great. I am really stressed, more so than my last post. I did end up getting some of my supplies for preschool. I am kind of annoyed with my boss though. Instead of researching stuff and finding a good deal on stuff like glue sticks from a school supplier, she goes to Walmart and buys 20 glue sticks for $10. 20 glue sticks are supposed to not only supply my kids but the rest of the daycare. It's dumb. But I got some stuff. I can't put write it off b/c we don't itemize, b/c we don't own our home. I've been laminating and making signs and gearing up for a really fun year. I am very excited. It feels like the one thing that is coming together. DS is really excited to come to Mommy's preschool too! It's his first year in preschool DD will attend the 4 year old class this year so it's her second year.

So DH bought me diamond earrings for my birthday in March. I took them out of my ears a while ago and placed them in the velvet lined drawer of my nightstand made for holding small things like jewelry. I went to put them back in and they were GONE! We tore the house apart and found 1 under the night stand. We cannot find the other one anywhere. I was devastated. My husband is really mad. Either I knocked them out somehow or the kids found them and were playing with them. They are small studs so not really easy to find in an old house with cracks and crevices and kids and pets.

So that was Thursday night. Friday I got up early after being up until after midnight looking for the earrings to head to Rochester, NY to see my best friend and spend the weekend. I needed to do some shopping and get the kids some clothes for fall. On my way DH calls me and says my new boss at the speech job called me. So I stop in a parking lot and call him back as we've been playing phone tag all summer and my emails are not getting through to him.

To back up a bit the IU9 (which handles special education in our area) found out that I hold a BS in Speech Pathology and several people from that agency have called me since I started teaching preschool in September last year. I kept telling them that I was happy in my current job and I did not possess a masters' degree or a PA certification and that my NY certification ran out. They would say something like "Oh bummer, we could really use a speech person in the area" Well in May or so the head of the IU special education department called me at my other job and all but offered me a job, part time full time anything over the phone and said he understood my wanting to stay where I am and that they could work something out, why don't I come in for an interview. Well the interview turned out to be this is what we need and this is what we can give you (it was a list of all the benefits and explanation about the ins which is really really good), he gives me some stuff to fill out: an application and the W4 and retirement and ins stuff.

He said they had two options 1) 3 days a week in NP as a part time position which would still allow me to get full benefits of a teacher or 2) 3 days at NP and 2 days in Coudy (the district in which I teach preschool for a private program not associated with the school itself) for a full time position.

I told him at this interview that I would be interested in part time, but would consider full time but I really did not want to give up my preschool. I LOVE teaching preschool. This is my passion, I feel like I have finally found my niche in life. This is what I want to do for the rest of my career. I feel like this is what I am meant to do.

I told him I would let him know if I was going to do full time or part time. Either way he said I'd get full benefits AND they'd pay for me to go back to school to get my master's. He gave me information that I needed to fill out for my PA certification. This certification application was a HUGE ordeal and I finally got it in the mail. So now we're just waiting on the denial (which we already know they will deny and we'll appeal for emergency certification). Anyway during this whole application process I sent him emails stating my intentions to only take the part time position. Well apparently the emails were never received. Now like I said we've been playing phone tag all summer, he calls me at home when I am at work. DH calls me and tells me he called and I try to call back and have to leave voice mail. So the communication has been poor. When we can connect the focus has been on this application and a little talk on possible online schools for me to attend. We never really discussed the hours. I did not realize he did not receive my emails until over two weeks of sending them. I've talked to him briefly since then mentioning that I sent the emails, but he kind of cruised over them. Mostly our conversations are really brief and I feel like I haven't gotten or given any information really.

So here I am sitting in a parking lot on Friday with two kids in the car. I call the guy back and he's asking me about coming for an interview with the director and stuff. Ok now I thought I already had an interview I've filled out the w4 and stuff, but whatever. I explain to him that I can indeed come in for an interview, however I am filling in for the next two weeks at the daycare full time instead of my usual hours b/c everyone is on vacation and it would be best for me to do this interview before 9:30 am or in the afternoon, with ample time to arrange coverage at the daycare. He says that can easily be arranged.

Then he says, now you'll want to give them two weeks notice at the daycare. I said I already told them that I will not be in the daycare but I will continue to teach the preschool. He says this is not possible the position is full time only and that he has me in NP and Coudy in the Coudy preschool for the IU9 at least one day a week (now the IU9 preschool is a special education preschool, very much unlike what I currently do though some of my students attend both my program and the IU9 pre-k).

I am shocked. I explain to him that it was my understanding that the position could be part time or full time and I do not want to give up my class. I said I communicated this in the email, but due to our difficulty connecting that perhaps we have had a miscommunication. He says it's impossible for me to do it part time. I am trying not to cry (already emotional over the long night looking for my earrings AND my kids are tired of sitting in the parking lot and are starting to scream at each other). I say well I am committed to preschool and can not leave them high and dry two weeks before school starts, nor do I want to miss out on this opportunity to work for him. I also express that I do not want to leave him high and dry two weeks before school starts. He kind of back pedals and says he'll have to talk with some staff and in the meantime he'll keep working on my certification. I mention that I do not want to give up my preschool and I thought with the position in NP being three days a week I could do speech MWF afternoons and all day Tuesday and Thursday to equal the three days and still keep my class allowing me to have the best of both worlds. But if I have to choose between the two I am not sure what I would do and what would be best for my family.

Preschool I make nothing. $115 a week. No benefits. DH's job is very unstable. He did not get the position he was interviewing for. He carries our ins. So if he loses his job then we have no ins if I don't take this speech job, but if I take the job and he loses his or has to change jobs and be without ins temp. we have a back up.

But before I got married, well before we had kids we knew I was going to stay home when we had kids. I hated doing speech, I had no intention of going back to school for my master's in speech. I considered other careers, but I knew I had time before the kids went to school and that time I was going to commit to them. And I had that for a year and then these things kept coming up; these opportunities that I couldn't let pass up and the entire time I was thinking soon I'll get to stay home with the kids. This next school year is DD's last year before school. This spring I was really looking forward to this fall in having the kids home two days a week. DD is learning to read, DS is learning his letters and I was looking forward so much to being home and enjoying those things. Taking the kids to the library, going to the park, walking all the things I couldn't do when I was staying home with other people's kids while babysitting or when I was working full time. I was finally going to get my chance to be with my kids. And yes it was a financial sacrifice. But I feel it is worth it. This is it. This is all I get. In one year I am going to be sending my baby off to the real world to be influenced and shaped in a large part by other people.

We struggle financially. I don't want Disney world but a house that is not falling down would be nice. Not stressing when the car breaks would be nice. Being debtf ree would be nice. This job would allow those things.

I am so upset I could just throw up. I can't turn down the job if it is part time. But if it full time only I don't know. I think it would be too much to give up. Either way it's not more time with my kids except for the fact that DS will be in my class. But at the very least I get to keep my class.

Sorry this is so long, tomorrow will yield more information b/c I plan on calling the guy and clearing the air. But right now I am stressing and I am sad.