Old 07-31-2007, 10:33 PM   #1  
doing LAWL since May25/07

S/C/G: 174.4/132.5/130.0

Height: 5'1"

Unhappy need to rant about the LAWL ad on the radio

just because I am down about how slow the weight is coming off and now my 8 week program is over. Whoppi Goldburg (sp?) is on the radio saying how she's lost 25 pounds in 10 weeks, well that's how long I've been doing it and I've been POP 98% of that time and have not even lost 14 pounds yey sorry just a bit of a pity party.
NaomiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:40 PM   #2  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Don't worry about comparisons! I know for a fact that Whoppi was at about 240 when she started...so almost 100lbs more than you! It's much easier to lose those first 30lbs when you are that much over weight. You are doing awesome!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Look at it this way: you and Whoopi have both lost about 10% of your starting weights! If you are going to make comparisons (and I agree that's not always the best), that's a better comparison to make! Congrats!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Naomi - I agree with the above. You can't compare yourself to anyone else. Look how you've come along so far, and think about the positives you've made in your life. I'm sure your eating choices are better, and you should feel better about yourself overall.
As with any other celebrity that advertises the programs - how many of them are strictly doing the program vs. hiring personal trainers along for assistance. I know I can't afford an intense personal trainer, so I have to rely on my food intake.

Don't be so hard on yourself!

Wyllen - Congrats to you! Your before and after pics -- awesome difference!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote