Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-31-2007, 09:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Pounds lost in two months!

Well, yesterday was my two month anniversary of my start of dieting on May 30th and I weighed in at 189.2 pounds! I didn't get a scale until a week or two after I started, so I don't know my exact start weight, but last summer, at my physical exam, the doctor weighed me in at 220, and I KNOW I've gained weight since then, so I've lost AT LEAST 31 pounds in the past two months!

My goal is to get down to 140 by New Year's, however plausible that may be. That would entail losing 2.2 pounds per week, so we'll see. The more I lose, the harder it will be to lose weight, so it it takes until next spring or summer, I'll be happy with that too, as long as I keep losing.
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:24 AM   #2  
300+ Chick

Keep up the wonderful work!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:34 AM   #3  

Excellent progress ...keep up the good work!!!
jarjonja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/175/140

Height: 5'4

WOW! Good for you. You did not say what plan you are following or how you did it. I am still trying to figure out what works best for me.
Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:50 AM   #5  
KC

S/C/G: 182/175/120

Height: 5'3"

Good for you!!! Keep up the good work!
kcmedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm not following a plan. I've simply been eating lots of vegetables, whole grains, and fruits, and I've been trying to keep sodium low and eliminate processed food from my diet as much as possible. I also have been lifting weights for about 30-60 minutes each evening and doing about an hour of cardio a day (lately, I've just been splashing around in the pool with my daughter).

You can see on my FitDay page the kinds of foods I've been eating (although I didn't have the energy to calculate my calories for yesterday, because I got dinner from the buffet at Whole Foods and had quinoa, lentils dishes, chickpea salad, etc. and didn't have the energy to calculate all the nutritional values of everything). Other than yesterday, my fit day is very accurate and I put in everything completely. My mom was visiting for a week, so I ate out a little more than usual this past week as well, but made smart choices and still lost.
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote