View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 08:09 AM   #2
JayEll
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Reddalice,

I am so sorry. That's just so much to be dealing with!

Maybe you and your SO can sit down and prioritize--what things are the most important for you to deal with. What things can be put off at present. Those sorts of issues. It will be hard, but it may help you to see more clearly what you need to do.

I have no idea what your list will look like, but it might be that to help your aunt and your father, you'll need to drop out of school for the time being. Working full time is going to be hard enough, but I expect you need the income. Your mom--you just have to let the system care for her for awhile. That's not ideal, but she had become a danger to herself and others from what you're saying.

Anyway, I hope you can work out what you need to do to take care of yourself. As far as stress, exercise is good for that. Just a half hour walk a day will help a lot--I know this from experience.

It may not be a time when you can concentrate on weight loss--but you can concentrate on maintaining your current weight. That might be a good goal for the short term.

Hang in there! Hold on!

Jay

JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote