Old 07-28-2007, 06:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

Default already bored with the food...bad sign?

for the past 5 and i guess counting today so 6 days i have eaten the same things, salad with chicken or salad with bacon & egg, or chicken and broccoli or beef and salad and so the list goes - i am already sick of cheese which i didnt think was possible but i have been eating it as a snack at least once a day. eggs for breakfast...

has this happened to anyone? what did you do?
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 06:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 168/157/125

Height: 5 and nothing more

It sounds like you are doing either South Beach or Atkins. I had the same problem with boredom when I tried those. I did lose weight fast but it came back twice as fast once I changed up to a more varied diet. Now I am doing the 3 Hour Diet. It works for me because I have pretty much lost cravings. Now for a snack I will eat a fruit and some turkey breast. Or veg with hummus. I can probable live with this for a good long time.
Mermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 07:51 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

You don't have to eat the same things day in & day out even on Induction. Some of the most wonderful low carb recipes on the net are right here and all the ones marked with an * are Induction friendly.

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:40 PM   #4  

i plan on doing some of the recipes - thanks for the site but there are still not that many options - i cant wait until i can at least have some berries....

yeah well i plan on doing atkins until i reach my goal weight then switching to a more balanced diet - like the zone - but still really paying attention to the quality of the carbs.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Thanks Jerseygirl for the website! I'm just embarking into doing a low-carb lifestyle since I need to lose weight and I'm at great risk for diabetes and that's what the doctor recommended I do. But I don't want to buy any cookbooks yet and have had difficulty finding low-carb recipes for free on the internet.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:57 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebritbrat17 View Post
Thanks Jerseygirl for the website! I'm just embarking into doing a low-carb lifestyle since I need to lose weight and I'm at great risk for diabetes and that's what the doctor recommended I do. But I don't want to buy any cookbooks yet and have had difficulty finding low-carb recipes for free on the internet.
You are quite welcome blondebritbrat. That site is one of the best I've found. The possibilities are endless...quiche's or mock danish for breakfast...salads or "pie" for lunch...fish,beef,chicken,pork entrees for dinner with fantastic side items!! My personal favorite is the "Just Like Stuffed Baked Potatoes"...delish!!!

Atkins when done correctly is, a healthy, balanced way of life!!

All the best to you!!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

A little background so what I'm going to say makes sense. We have a wonderful Weight Management Clinic run through our hospital. They've worked in cooperation with the YMCA to build a physical complex called the Aspirus YMCA (Aspirus being the hospital network). The clinic is the brainchild of a doctor who has lost almost 100 lbs herself, her husband over 200 on low carb dieting. The clinic doesn't mandate a low carb diet, they work with patients to determine what each needs to lose weight, including weight loss medications and referring for WLS (extreme methods are never started with, medications and surgery are last resorts for patients having no success with less extreme measures). I want to get into their program very badly, but I can't afford it, and insurance doesn't cover the $2500 cost of the 15 month program (I'm saving and dieting at the same time, so maybe I won't need it by the time I've saved the money)

OK back to the advice part. In my initial consultation with the doctor about the program we were talking about diet plans, and those with low carb induction levels in particular. Hubby is diabetic, and induction levels are too low carb for him with his medications. Dr. Reed told us there was no medical reason for the induction phase, other than psychological. She says she's had a much higher success rate with paitents who start their low carb journey at the lowest carb level they are comfortable with (because people seem to be les likely to decide a program isn't right for them, because of boredom or side effects). Patients reduce their carbs until they find an optimal level (keeping hunger in check while losing nicely). When weight loss stalls for a few weeks, then carbs are reduced further until it starts up again.

If you're at the point that you're ready to give up because you can't handle induction, you might want to try it this way.

I want to get into the program very badly
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

oops, I want to get into the program very badly, did I tell you that? LOL - Actually faulty editing of the post left me repeating myself (or was it a Freudian slip).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:57 AM   #9  

i made the crustless key lime pie - not as good as the original but still decent. im excited to try the otehr options as well. thanks
Old 07-29-2007, 01:49 PM   #10  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I get a little bored sometimes but I think for me its just lasiness. I totaly agree with kplods about the induction phase. I stick pretty close to it but have added some nuts, berries, I have coleslaw w/grated carrot, yogurt. I just wach my portions.
I also found a lot of LC recipe books a my local library, I like to go and try books out befor I buy them.

Kplods, good luck getting into the program, it sounds like a good one!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote