General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-28-2007, 08:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Default bug in eye! OUCH!!!!

I just got back from an hour run/walk that was cut short by a blasted BUG.

Has anyone else ever experienced this... read on...

It was nice and cool, but there were lots of annoying bugs out when I left the house. The kind that are like huge gnats that kind of float around in swarms but don't bite. They stick in your hair and all over your clothes.

Well, I finally got out of the swarm and was enjoying a good 30 min of walking and running, enjoying music on my nano. I was feeling good, so I decided I would do a couple of short 'sprints' to get my heart rate up. About 5 steps into sprinting I felt a huge bug hit me in the eye. It felt like it stung my eyeball and lodged up under my eye lid. I immediately began rubbing it and it was not just an irritant, man, it really HURT. I started to freak out, thinking it was poisonous, and turned and headed for home. My eye was watering like crazy and nothing was coming out. I kept rubbing my shirt right on my eyeball (sorry , I know that's gross) and my finger on my eyeball but could not dislodge anything and it was really stinging. I just walked home as quickly as I could.

I've been home about 30 minutes now and I've done everything possible - flushing with water and visine. It doesn't sting so much, but I still feel like there is something big in there, and I can't get it out!

What a horrendous experience... anyway, I just had to vent. Oh, yeah, earlier today I drove to a great hilly area to bike and whne I took my bike out my rear tire was totally flat. i had no spare tube. Maybe I just wasn't meant to work out today.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

CLAIRE ~ Be careful with that eye! since my eye will always be a little blurry after that beer bottle fiasco, I am very protective on mine now. Angie just hates the safety glasses in bed ...HERE'S LOOKIN' AT YOU KID ~

Last edited by EZMONEY; 09-16-2007 at 10:12 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

I've actually had the same thing happen to me. I was walking with a friend and it flew right in my eye. The worse thing was that I could feel it but my friend kept her nails so short she couldn't even get the bug out of my eye. I was going crazy. When I finally got the bug out, my eye was so red and puffy it looked like it was infected and of course, to make matters worse my friend was laughing the whole time. My eye was puffy for the next 2 days. I thought I was the only person who something like that happened to. I made my friend promise not to tell everyone, which of course, she broke.
browneyedgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

ouch.. My mom had a bug to fly in her ear once on an evening walk. She practically drowned the poor thing with water but the bug wouldn't come out so she had to go to the doctor to get it removed.It was really funny at how she acted. My mom is not a sympathetic person when things like accidents and etc.. and illnesses happen to other people which is why it was so funny and ironic and hypocritical for her to be acting that way. Keep flushing your eye out with visine and if it still feels like the bug is in there, go to the doctor.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Man. I hope it's not still in there. I think whatever kind of bug it was had a sting to it, and that's what burned so badly. I am guessing it's just very irritated now, but who knows, the bug (or a leg or two) could still be in there!

Thanks for all the commiseration guys... it helps!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:01 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

OUCH!!! Maybe you should go to the doc to have it checked to make sure.

I've never had a bug go in my eye but have had one go in my ear and up my nose, eeeewww! Of course I never went to the doc for either. I felt the one in my ear for a few minutes then nothing so guess it died, lol. But I know the bugs you are talking about, so annoying. While at the park yesterday I kept having this huge bee looking thing fly circles around me. It actually started when I pulled in the parking lot and it was flying around my vehicle...the thing would not go away.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote