General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default BLONDE advice!!!!

My hair has always been blonde (not natural) but a couple of months ago, I was tired of all the bleach the frying my hair, jjust everything so I went brown. It really looked cute for a while, but now I dont like it, I HATE IT!!! So Im going tomm. to get my hair died. But I dont know what to do with it. Well I want highlights but I will only get chunky highlights, and Im very picky. I dont know if I should just get partial cute chunky highlights or all over. Anyone else out there go through with this..
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 12:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Hmm well if you want a funky look, I'd do only partial chunky highlights. But if you're more classic and want to be blonde all over then I'd do all-over chunky highlights. I do chunky and fine highlights all over.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Have you considered auburn?! I love changing my hair color (though I haven't done it in a while, maybe it's time to consider a new color). My natural color is barely blonde or barely brown, depending on how you look at it. I've been nearly every shade of blonde, and just a few years ago I started experimenting with reds, they're my new favorite. I've been strawberry blonde (loved), not quite carrot top (not bad) light auburn (loved it) and a shade of red that was almost raspberry (yuck!). I think I might try a darker auburn next.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 07:40 AM   #4  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

I have the same natural hair color as Colleen. Not quite blonde, not quite brown....I call it "Dirty Blonde".

My FAV color on my hair is the brown right before black on the charts. My hair doesn't hold only hair dye for some reason so if she uses that color or even BLACK, my hair fades to the right color in a couple weeks and then it's perfect.

I just went bleach blonde a couple weeks ago and I hate it. YUCK! Makes me feel so washed out, and I spent $100 doing it with the highlights and all! As soon as I can I'm going dark again. I have been all the colors that Colleen has been as well...and I LOVE auburn...really pretty on me.

Good luck...I'm not a fan of chunk highlights because I think it's looks fake...I always try to look natural, but go for what you like!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I've had blonde hair all my life, but now that I'm in my 40's, it's turning dirty or dishwater blonde and I don't really like it. Several years ago, I took a cute photo to my hair dresser and she cut it just perfect and I was disappointed. She suggested highlights and WOW did it help! So I joined the millions who suddenly had roots showing and needed to go every 6 weeks to take care of that. Last year, I decided the "dirty" part (that was not covered by the highlights) needed some work, so I started coloring that darker--now I have high lights and low lights. It was all chunky. But then I started to hate the stripy-ness of the chunks, so I had her do it less chunky AND reduce the highlights. What I have now is closer to my natural dirtyness (which is nice so my roots don't become a problem) but you know what? I think it affects my mood--without the highlights, I feel older and I feel a little depressed. Perhaps it's because I don't like my latest cut. I don't know. But I'm searching out the next cut and may add more highlights. I like being a blonde!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Oh I loved being blonde, Since Ive been 13 Ive been dieing it, but it just got to much to handle. I had highlights over highlights over highlights. And no one would touch my hair to strip it and die it to dark brown because it was so badly dead. But I found someone to do it, and it looked great but I just miss being blonde. Truthfully, in my opinion, you really do have more fun!!
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote