Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-27-2007, 08:15 PM   #1  
210 / 193 / 140

Default Two NSVs

Two minor but encouraging victories to report.

First, I've been taking belly dance classes since May, as well as doing other types of exercise outside of class. This week after class, my belly dance instructor asked me if I'd lost weight! I told her I didn't know as I hadn't weighted myself in a long time, and maybe I was just getting better at pulling in my stomach due to all the exercise. But she insisted that I looked like I'd lost weight. Whatever, I'll take it!

The other was an exercise NSV: I've had foot pain (heel spur/plantar fascitis) for several years now. I even had surgery on my foot back in December, which helped some, but I still had pain even after the surgery. All my podiatrist could recommend was expen$$$$ive custom arches that are way beyond my means.

Well, on the advice of a physical therapist, I started strengthening my feet by picking up marbles with my toes. Sounds silly, and maybe it is, but I made a game of it several times a day. I was hoping it would keep my foot pains from getting any worse, but after a few weeks, I noticed that I hardly had any pain at all. The exercise has, if not totally cured my plantar fascitis, at least alleviated it about 99%. This is an unexpected victory and a huge relief.
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Way to go!!!!
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:57 PM   #3  
The Victorious One

S/C/G: 218/171, Starting over 198/?

Height: 5'6

YaY Margarita
butterflykiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

The marble exercise is really interesting. I'm glad it helped you and thanks for sharing. I am going to tell my DH because he has problems like yours. He also has really short toes, so he may not be able to pick up a marble with his toes. :LOL:

And, so cool that your teacher thought you had lost weight! Also cool that you are taking the class. I probably wouldn't have the nerve to try it.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

That is wonderful that your physical therapist was able to give you an excersize to try that really helped with your foot pain. That is AWESOME!!!

And congrats on the weight loss compliment. Sometimes other people can just see things that we can't....so Congrats!!! Keep up the awesome job. I don't know if i could be brave enough to take a belly dancing class yet. I want to..but just not sure i'm ready.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Great news on both of your NSV!
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 05:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

Awesome, I love NSV's and those were great ones!
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:15 AM   #8  
300+ Chick

on your victories!! love hearing these kind of victories.. Keep up the good work!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:18 AM   #9  
Mum of 3 boys

S/C/G: 255/242/185

Height: Short

Awesome. Aren't NSVs wonderful?
tigerbutter is offline   Reply With Quote