Old 07-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

Exclamation uPDATE FOR THE THE LOSS 4LBS THIS WEEK ( long post)

Well I went this afternoon to the COD and saw the manager there and she has always been friendly to me. She asked how it was going and I said, well funny you ask I said I have not met with you but I can tell you so far I really don't like the new plan at all. she looked shocked and asked why? I said I have been on this going on week 3 now and I have not had a lose without regaining it back. I said, I had been losing over 2lbs a week and now I am lucky if i lose 2oz, because I have gained 2lbs since this entire new program has begun.
She took me in the back to get weighed and SHE said , "I am curious were you are now"? I said," ya know so am I!" ( had cut my protein to 2.5 a day and took 3 starch instead of 4) well what do you know she said, your down a half a pound since Monday! I said, yep and I took out 1/2 protein and 1 starch to see what might happen for 1 day!
She was kinda not expsecting that to happen! I said we need to call the dietican and see about plan 2 for me instead. the other gilr double checked it and said she is in the middle for either plan. I told the other girl I want plan 2 she said well you have to take 3 , you have the rebate sitting there ya know. I said this a JOKE. I am not losing I proved i was not losing by doing less starch and protein and you will not change it!

The manager said let me see your menu book?? i showed it to her she said , were is the Express book at? I said I never got one this is all I was given. SHe looked at my weekly weight loss. OOOOHHHH she said , NOW I get what happened. Anyone who has been on the program and was losing more then 2lbs a week was put right onto the "normal menu" anyone who was 2lbs a week or less had to do the 4 week program. SHe said well seems like your body is all confused right now. So I am suppose to start from scratch "Sortof" . I agreed to do this for 1 week 2 day express takeoff with cantalope ( she offered me the juice for 18$ due to the mess I got into , was nice of her but did not take it my swollen feverblister would not like it) for 2 days, then after that I would do 1 week of this "limited menu "you normally do for a month for only the one week. I figure IF this does not work I can go back in and say I did what you asked and NOW I want the other plan.

She was very nice and very understanding why I was upset, i think she was not pleased herslef to see I was losing on another plan!

I am not sure the problem is solved but we are working on a solution and I figure if i do what they want and all else fails after 1 week I can go back in and tell them. should they not let me change plans I will fake the plan 3 and do plan 2 to lose weight and meet my goal.

Sorry so long!
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Steph - I hope that things work out for you with the plan. Keep us posted!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Steph,
Hopefully this gets you out of your plateau. You don't know if you would have just hit one anyway, really. I did at about 15 pounds down, which I know seems like it is way too soon and is super frustrating... and I hit it on Purple with Lights. So there is no magic out there that is going to guarantee you that you won't have plateaus. They are an unfortunate fact of weight loss, but hang in there and keep eating right and doing what you should,and suddenly, your weight will start dropping again... 2 pounds a week is the ideal, but not the reality for most people. I think this change is very likely to get the scale moving again.....
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #4  

i think they think its a just a hit a point as you said. Maybe they are humoring me I have no idea. I guess I have been lucky with 2+lbs a week.
i think the stress of the feverblister showing up made them realize how worked up I was over this.

they probably laughed at me when I left, but they should wonder if I lose with what wuld be plan 2 and not with 3 maybe I HAVE SOMETHING THERE
Old 07-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #5  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Barbara hit it on the head I think Steph.. A lot of times at the beginning you will have good losses and remember the safest loss recommended by ALL is no more than 2lbs a week to enable your body to keep it off. It will start to slow down and I had many many weeks were I would be perfectly on plan and lose nothing, go up a bit or stay the same. I think to truly see if holding back the protein and starch affected the scale you'd have to give it more than one day.. you may have lost that 1/2 lb regardless but the main thing is you expressed your problems to the COD and now they will work with you to help you out. Congrats on making sure you were heard.
As someone who has lost nearly 100lbs and 65 of that on LAWL I know those weeks on the scale can send you into a real funk but you have to try to stay positive and keep on giving it a try.. you body will play tricks on you sometimes and I always had to tell myself I didn't put the weight on in a short period of time so I can't expect to lose it in a short period either.. so hang in there.. keep telling COD what you need and stay positive. you can do it!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:10 AM   #6  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I hope this will get you back where you need to be, Steph. WTG on keeping those counselors on their toes!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

Steph, congrats on confronting your COD. Hopefully this express thing works for you, and if it doesn't - then hopefully they will do something about it. My fingers are crossed for you

I may be in similar situation. I was told last night they are rolling out the numbered plans here in two weeks and I will be on plan 4. I could cry. 5 starch. I have a hard time getting in three servings let alone 5!! I told her I can't afford to experiment to stay the same weight or gain. I think I am going to have to drastically reduce calorie intake and lose some mega weight so i am not rolled into plan 4 with 5 starch. May not be healthy - but I am tired of eating too much food, not losing, trying to be positive, but I am just getting more depressed by the day
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #8  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

Steph - Good for you for standing up for yourself! I hope that this new plan works and that you get to losing again! We are all pulling for you!

Patsy - Wait a minute!!!! Where is the girl who gave me such encouragement the other day when I was ready to cry???!!! Come on, now, it's my turn! You have come so far - losing 30 pounds thus far...you can go the rest of the way. Just know that if the new plan does NOT work for you, then you need to stand up and say so. I did it, and while it was hard (I was embarassed that I had gone from losing so much to suddenly gaining, although I was being POP), it paid off - They put me back on the "old" plan and now in the past 2 days since they've done that, I've lost 1.4!!!! And, as you mentioned before, this is a great, supportive group - we are here for you!!!! So, don't cry!!!!! and keep us posted...
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #9  
Kristen-LAWL

I have the feeling they will have to ditch the new plan soon.. it's wreaking havoc on all these people that have worked so hard.
Keep the faith ladies.. you have shown you can do it already..we're proud of you!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:36 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastrey View Post
Steph, congrats on confronting your COD. Hopefully this express thing works for you, and if it doesn't - then hopefully they will do something about it. My fingers are crossed for you

I may be in similar situation. I was told last night they are rolling out the numbered plans here in two weeks and I will be on plan 4. I could cry. 5 starch. I have a hard time getting in three servings let alone 5!! I told her I can't afford to experiment to stay the same weight or gain. I think I am going to have to drastically reduce calorie intake and lose some mega weight so i am not rolled into plan 4 with 5 starch. May not be healthy - but I am tired of eating too much food, not losing, trying to be positive, but I am just getting more depressed by the day
I am sure my posts of hating this new plan did not help either!

Just so you know even if you lose ALOT of weight to try and not be on the plan if you fall in the middle of 2 plans you get the one with more starch! Atleast thats how it seems at my COD.
MAKE SURE you get the LA EXPRESS for the 4 weeks FIRST THEN the actual menu. otherwise you will end up like me sitting there and nothing happening. your suppose to do this first menu book for 4 WEEKS then the other one comes in. I am only asked to do it for 1 week there is no take out, no red meat much much smaller book but enough variety for a week for me. I don't know if I could handle 4 weeks personally.

Try not to get where I have been with worrying about it and stand your ground if you have questions. they are new to it as well !
Its not that I don't trust the program I just really questioned the actual plan i was on.

If it makes you feel anybetter there is a plan that gives you get ready.... 9 STARCHES a DAY! holy flipping camoly! that is about 1 loaf of low calorie wheat bread!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:58 AM   #11  
Kristen-LAWL

9 STARCHES!!!
I wouldn't even know what to DO with 9 starches? I'd have to make pasta smoothies and serve my salads on big kaiser buns..
9!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:00 AM   #12  

Thanks Becca, I know, I am trying  I went to weigh in last night feeling really good and thinking I was going to be down. I lost a whole 2 oz. The counsellor then said I was overdue for measurements, even though I haven’t lost a lot of weight, perhaps I have been losing inches. I am due for a new food diary in a few days – which means I will have missed another personal mini goal. It is hard to swallow, but I guess it just means I have to try even harder!! I know I will get there, I just get impatient sometimes…
Old 07-26-2007, 12:38 PM   #13  

Steph - thanks for the info. I'll have to think about my strategies now. Nine starches is just insane, unless of course they have changed the serving sizes to a 1/4 breadstick or something (which i am guessing not). Guess I should really be glad I am not being put on that program!

I want to be healthy and do things right, and I believe LAWL is a great program. I guess I just have to find my patience again and keep forging on...
Old 07-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Patsy,
I know it seems to take forever when you are losing weight, but if you were to take 30 pounds of fat out and look at it, well it is a LOT and your body is just recovering from the shock of that. It takes breathers. Joni wrote a wonderful post in the weekly thread about how your body is healing itself. I decided (in retrospect of course) that my body was busy pulling in the skin and healing the damage from being fat while I was on a plateau. Since you really want to end up looking great not deflated. The slower weight loss brings on the great look, really fast and you end up looking like a deflated balloon, so have patience with your body and don't try to put pressure on yourself to do anything but follow the plan and get some exercise and in the end you will be wow... that was really quite fast! I had to adjust to being thinner, as I had been overweight for a long time, and I'm sort of glad it didn't fall off overnight now. The thing is that the counselors talk to people all day long that aren't losing their 2 pounds, since well.. there are a lot of people who just won't lose at that rate. I didn't... they never asked me for another penny for more weeks, so all the stress I put on myself and the angst about not losing quick enough was just wasted energy on my part... I guess different people have different deals with the COD... but if you bought the whole package with the guarantee thing.... The only thing you have to pay more for is the lites... and those are even optional... So be patient, let your body do what it has to do to make you end up looking and feeling great and don't punish yourself by starving, since too low of a plan and you don't lose either.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #15  

Hey guys its been a crazy day here~ tryin to plan out trip for xmas I know , I know its far away but i am BIG on planning! I am also OCD with somethings and this is one of them!
Anyhow, yes there is a plan that has 9! just think 18 slices of bread DAILY!!!

she told me the same plan gave someone a serving of steak was 12oz!

BarbaraB you will get there! I just hate to see you try and lose tons of weight and then you still get the same plan.

I did the TO with the melon and it works so much better then the drink . I was really not bothered by what i get to eat today! I thought it would be worsse then it was, coarse i still have tommorow