Old 07-25-2007, 09:10 AM   #1  

Exclamation Whats Healthy for Lunch

Good morning everyone....I hope you all are having a blessed day! Myself....i have been at work for an hour and still have 11 more to go!! Whewww long days!!! I guess my question is.....what should i eat for lunch? I want to eat healthy.....but its gettin very hard to eat the same stuff your burnt out on.....so any suggestions guys???
afb0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Do you pack a lunch or do you have to eat from your work cafeteria/snack bar? I enjoy making my lunch to take to work. That way I have total control. I also make sure that I have enough food to keep me from getting so hungry that I have to visit the candy bar place.

I don't know what you usually eat, but I have, in my lunch bag, today, two peaches, cut up. A large salad with armenian cucumber, onions, a scant T of golden rasins and 1 1/2 oz cubed pork loin with 1T low fat poppy seed dressing. Also, a scant half cup of Good Housekeeping diet soup, and a sliced, vine ripened tomato with 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp of fancy olive oil. Two Wasa crisp crackers and a few grapes.

Actually, one of the peaches belongs to breakfast, and included in the lunch are two snacks.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:30 PM   #3  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I tend to go easy with a nice big salad w/ lowfat dressing and a lean cuisine. But if you can cook your lunches my favorite is to do some brown rice and then saute a chicken breast with some veggies and teriyaki sauce and pour it over the top.
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:37 PM   #4  

Well....i usually go pick lunch up....ive ate only 1 grilled chicken patty, chicken salad, and chipolte chicken salad for the past 3 weeks....so today i decided to get a grilled chicken salad with no dressing....(i dont like salad dressings) lol
afb0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:44 PM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

Today I did cold boiled shrimp mixed with cukes, shredded carrots, tomatoes and baby spinach...tossed it with newman's Lime vinegarette and croutons...amazingly good with a light citrus taste...sometimes i add sundried tomatoes to tuna with light mayo and salad veggies...high protein, lower in carbs.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote