Default That 70s Show -- On Our Way to Losing 70-ish Pounds 7/23-29

Welcome Sonie & Mary!

Please check-in with:

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies:

Before or progress photos (if you care to share):

Let's drop some serious pounds this week!
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #2  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

Ugh...what a weekend. Here's a short run-down: I had a houseguest last week, which made it difficult to get anything done around the house (and made eating on plan more of a challenge due to "let me treat you to dinner!") I visited my mom, had lots of company, ate out, my son's naps got all screwed up (due to loud company arriving during naptime both days), my mom was upset when we left (crying -- there was "too much commotion and too much company and nobody ever comes to see her when we aren't there"), my DS barfed superman ice cream all over my car on the way home, I only managed a basic fruits-and-veggies grocery shop, and the laundry didn't get done. AND my TOM is still hanging around and my seasonal allergies are in full swing even though I'm on a double-dose of my regular antihistamines. Ugh. Enough about my cruddy weekend -- today is a new day!

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):[/B] 206 -- BAD, BAD, BAD eating over the weekend canceled out whatever loss I might've had, so only down 0.5

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): 6/7 on no eating past 9PM. I went crazy with stress-relief/comfort eating last night. UPDATE -- why 9PM? How about I aim for no eating past 8PM? Or even 7PM? It's not like 9PM is a magic number. I've actually been doing pretty well on this goal, so I'm going to shift it to 7:30PM this week and see how it goes!

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Keeping "no eating past 9PM" and keeping a log of my feelings about food to try to figure out how to avoid the stress/comfort eating habit.

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies: Brush your teeth instead -- with really minty toothpaste. Most anything I'd want to munch on tastes terrible after brushing my teeth.

Before or progress photos (if you care to share): The same one I shared last week...

Last edited by queenjane; 07-23-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #3  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 196.4, down two pounds.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I did reasonably well. I had a few slip up days, but who doesn't? I came up a day short on the amount of cardio I did, but there's always this week! (My goal was 1500 calories average, 4 days of exercise)

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): To get as close to my July goal (192) as possible, but not to be disapointed in myself if I fall short.

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies: Water!

Before or progress photos (if you care to share): Already posted the link, but here they are again.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:27 PM   #4  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

What's your weigh-in: 204 - 1lb loss

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): "Downward movement on the scale + a focus on weight-training" - I did well enough. I followed the program for weight training, but was supposed to do just a little exercise the days I wasn't lifting, and only managed 1/4 I believe. =\ I find it really hard to exercise on the weekends when the BF is there/awake!

What's your goal this week: 6 days of exercise. 2 weight training, 4 cardio. I'm not gonna let myself slack like this, it's just the start of a downward spiral!

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies: Queenjane's toothpaste idea is great! Water works wonders, too, as Mary said. If nothing else, pop in a piece of sugar-free gum and chew away. I'm always reluctant to waste/spit out gum unless it's had a decent 4 hours of use.

Before or progress photos: I shared one last week that was intentionally unflattering (motivation!), so I thought I'd post one that's a little less scary to me. Taken the same day as last week's (around 5/20/2007):

Yeah that's my goofy smile!
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:06 PM   #5  
I can do it !!!!

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): Still haven't weighed myself, sorry.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I worked out really well, but I caved into junk food when we had company over the weekend.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): I have no idea. It's a struggle just to "wake up" in the morning, I'm so tired. I guess my goal is to exercise EVERY day , no matter what type of activity I'm doing.

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies: Crushed ice & water
or frozen grapes.
Before or progress photos (if you care to share): I don't know if I know howto post photos. I love the progress photo of Mary, what a great idea!
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 1.5 up/218.5, however it's TOM so not especially concerned.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): OK, I'm getting bored with my cardio routine so I wanted to substitue 2 out of 5 day w/walking. I did't end up doing any walking though, but went swimming and bowling and did 'spring' cleaning plus two weight training sessions.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Exercise (any) 6 of 7 days.

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies: I'm truly awful in this department. I do best however when I have healthy snacking options on hand.

Before or progress photos (if you care to share): I would love to, but can't seem to be able to upload any.
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #7  

If I stay on plan today, I'll come in at 1664 calories, 30% fat, 51% carb & 19% protein with 21g of fiber. I'm back on the horse!!!! And I revised my "no eating" goal to 7:30PM. I'm not going to be brought down by my crummy weekend -- the stress stops HERE!

Lookin' HOT Mary -- way to go on losing another 2 pounds (hey -- that's 1 perent of your body weight these days!)

Ethereal -- You are so pretty and your smile is FAR from goofy. I, too, chew the heck out of s/f gum. It's one way to keep from talking or eating!

2B -- one weekend does not "unmake" the progress you've made ( I should listen to myself sometime, eh?) You CAN do this! I love frozen grapes, too.

Hotmama -- way to move, girl! Those 1.5 pounds will be but a memory this time next week.

Hotmama & 2B: RE: posting photos...if they're on the web already, you just take the photo URL and click the little picture of the mountains & sun above in the "quick reply" menu bar and slap the URL there and the photo will appear in your post. If they're not on the web yet, PM me and I'll tell you how to do that.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:47 PM   #8  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Thanks queenjane and 2bthinagain!! **blushes**

Ethereal you have a very pretty smile! You should see my real smile vs my camera smile... I look demented LOL.

2bthinagain how intensely are you exercising? You don't have to push yourself until you are completely exhausted! Sounds like you may be working too hard!

hotmama2three TOM is the worst! Sometimes I will show gains of 3-4 pounds! Good job on not stressing it too much.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:13 AM   #9  
I can do it !!!!

As for my workouts I do the "machines" at the gym 3 days a week, takes about 45 minutes, and I do a class 2 days a week that lasts an hour and it kicks my butt. Those are my 5 "musts". Then in between for cardio I ride my bike and pull the kids on the bike (75 pounds). Or I push them in the stroller.
I was tired before working out. Last night I swear I woke up about 20 times to go pee. I don't know if I'm going to pee because I am already awake, so I just go or what.
Did anyone see Dr. Oz on Oprah yesterday (Monday)? He was talking about the dangers of having a waist over 35 inches. He said that your waist should be less than half what your height is, so if I am 5'6, then my waist should be 33 or smaller. He said any woman with a waist measurement over 35 is living with the same risk of a woman with BREAST CANCER! Saying some pretty scary stuff. My belly fat is just driving me nutso.
I need to get back into fitday and start looking at what I'm eating.
Hope everyone has a great week.
I think I'm going out of town tomorrow thru Saturday but will check in while I'm away.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #10  
finding me again

S/C/G: 236/235/130

Height: 5'4"

Default checking in....

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 199 (back down about 3-4 pounds)

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I was just getting started. But did have two sodas over the weekend. They are like crack in a can. If they are in the fridge, they just magically end up in my hand. JUST SAY NO!!!

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Loose more weight and stay focused on healthy foods.

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies: toothpaste and altoids! Nothing tastes good after that.

Before or progress photos (if you care to share): anouther of the OMG photos. (trying a bit of motivation myself.)

Let's drop some serious pounds this week!

Start Date: July 07
The Short Goal: 10 pounds before Labor Day (my anniversary)
Exercise Goal for July 2007: 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week
Weekly Goal for July 23-29: Loose the soda and find more healthy options for snacking.

I hope everyone has a great day! I am off to start my first 9-5 since I was pregnant w/ my first son, about 11 years ago. (I have always worked nights and weekends before.) Nothing like some more stress! Thanks to all who have posted, it is good to see how supportive it is.

2B- way to Kick A on those workouts. I need to get moving.

Sockmonkie- you look awesome, girl! I have the same basic body type--- I know how hard it is to loose.

Queen- think of the positive, I bet you weren't hungry after cleaning the car! My kids only get sick in the car on Long.... road trips.

Hot Momma- when I get board w/ my cardio, I grab some dancing workouts. I have a belly dancing one that looks easy, but really gets the ticker going.

E-real - you have a beautiful smile and w/ moving down, girl, you have something to smile about. I would be grinning from ear to ear. I think most of us feel our smiles look goofy. Mine does. ps love the long hair!!! Big hair is coming back. whoo hoo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Us again June 07.jpg (38.0 KB, 6 views)
sonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:22 PM   #11  
I can do it !!!!

Update on my waist measurement. I thought it was what, 42? Is that what I'd posted? Anyway at the gym, they measured 41, and when I suck it in, it measures 38, they said you are allowed to suck in, so that's good.
Just hope by Christmas it's down below 35.

Sonie - good for you on only 2 sodas. I love my rootbeer, and it's such a huge treat for me. I'm also have a hard time giving up COKE, I need 1/4 cup of coke to wake up in the AM.

Queen - I think that is great how you know all your stats. I keep telling myself to write that day, log in to fitday and I never make the time. Good for you!

Sockmonkey - I still want to try what you are doing with your profile photos, that is such a great idea.....I need to do that ASAP! Love the inspiration!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/205/175

Height: 5'11"

Morning Girls! Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions, I appreciate your input!!

I really, really want to lose weight this week and gosh I don't want to jinx myself or anything but I think this is going to be a good week (despite my migraine =) cuz I need it to be a good week -- if that makes any sense? I was at 215 before the 4th of July and haven't seen that number since. I will be seeing some downward movement this week!! LOL.

Photos, well maybe it's my PC, but I can't upload to this site. So I set up a group photo room on Costco.com, feel free to use it if you want to.

this is the link: http://www.costcophotocenter.com/groups/beforepics

P.S. I'm back at 217 as of this morning.

Last edited by hotmama2three; 07-24-2007 at 02:18 PM.
hotmama2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #13  
I can do it !!!!

Hotmama - I saw your pics! You look great!!!!
With everyones BEFORE pics I'm nervous about posting mine (whenever I get around to it.
How about a "Before" before pic? Like before we were a fat chick? LOL
Old 07-24-2007, 04:07 PM   #14  

Sonie: hooray for 1-derland!!! Congratulations!!!

2B: Glad your waist number wasn't as bad as you had thought. I'm sure it doesn't really matter what the number is, though -- you want it GONE! You'll get there girl, you will! BTW, I was freaking out this morning b/c fitday was down for a little bit -- I'm VERY dependent on it! It really helps motivate me to see what kind of fuel I'm giving my body day-to-day. It's also fun to try to figure out how to hit the nutritional goals w/o a multivitamin -- where does Vit K come from, anyway

Hotmama: you are appropriately named -- look at those lips! whoo-whee!
Old 07-24-2007, 04:29 PM   #15  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

With everyone's "before pictures" I'm getting worried! I look like a rolly poly compared to you guys!

I got back from my trip late last night. I did OK on the eating with the exception of one meal. Exercise was a joke! I should have walked, but didn't manage anything!

2bthin again - According to Dr. Oz, my waist should be 30 or less! That's 8 inches to lose!

hotmomma - I agree TOM is the worst! I always weigh more and have a pudgy belly! ( well more than usual! )

queenjane - I meant to ask you, was that picture taken in Jeff City? I have family there and that looks familiar!

ethereal - way to go with your goal!

Congratulations on the weight loss everyone!

Now for me :
What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 187 - after weighing this morning I am back up one pound. Don't know wether it is from the trip or TOM. We will see next weigh in!

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I blew the exercise ! I must do better this week!

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Exercise ( again ) and pack my lunch everyday for work!

What's your best tip for controlling the munchies: I have two things I do - 1) Find something to occupy my hands such as quilting or scrapbooking or 2) brush my teeth and rinse with 3/4 mouthwash and 1/4 peroxide. Trust me, nothing tastes good after that!

Before or progress photos (if you care to share):Will try and download tonight. I got my computer working !
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote