Old 07-24-2007, 10:43 AM   #1  
Becca on LAWL

S/C/G: 220/193/123

Default Questions

Hi, all! Hope everyone is having a great day.
In light of all of the changes going on at LAWL (from programs to names!), I had a couple of questions:

(1) How long had the "color" program been in place? Do they change their programs up often? (Just trying to figure out how long this "Feel Full" plan will be around before they change again).

(2) How can you tell if your COD is a franchise or "corporate"? What is the difference?

(3) What is "LA at Home" and how do you join? What are the benefits to this program?

(4) If I don't like the bars offered at my COD, can I buy them at another COD? Or online?

Thanks to any & all who answer this post - I have to admit that my faith in this program has been a little shaken as of late. I have lost almost 30 pounds in 4 months...and up until now thought that there would be nothing to stop me from releasing those final 70 pounds...but now I am not so sure.

I guess I need a little pep talk...and who better than you all??!!!
stitchinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #2  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Just like at the COD, you will probably get different answers to some of your questions.

1. I have no idea how long the color plan was around.
2. When I went to a COD, I simply asked if they were a franchise or a corporate center. They know and will tell you.
3. LA at Home
Here's one link http://www.laweightlosscenters.com/online.aspx This did not come up when I entered my own zip code, so I put another state zip code and the info popped up. It costs $219....
4. If you just buy your Lites one box at a time, I'm sure any COD would be happy to take your money. If you have a bulk purchase set up at a particular location, you will more than likely have to get them from your COD. I have heard that some folks buy them online, but I would question the freshness of the items.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:20 PM   #3  
Becca on LAWL

Joni,
Will you PM me with the state zip code that you used? I have put in several (not my own) and it still has centers for me & nothing online. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:39 PM   #4  

Hi, Becca -

I'm a client from NYC. As far as I know the CODs in the five boroughs - Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island are corporate centers. Due to the nature of my job, I sometimes weigh in at a center that is not my regular center because it is close to work and I have also picked up lites from some of these centers - I just show them my keyring card and they put it in the computer and deduct the box from my bulk supply. I've also purchased from other centers too.

If you want to check out the at-home program you can use this NYC zip code - 10314.

We had color plans as far back as maybe 1999-2000 I think. My home center has not gotten the Feel Full Plan and who knows if we will. That being said, in the time that I and several family members and friends have been clients the color plans have become less restrictive. I believe mostly to keep up with trends and research in the weight loss field.

We never had Free-to-Live which someone mentioned in another post so I don't know what that plan involved. I do remember from being on this forum several years ago that Free-to-Live might have been in franchise centers, Canada and Europe.

Melissa
videochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi Becca, others have answered and I honestly don’t know the answers to your questions…but I also read that you were perhaps losing faith in the program, and wanted to congratulate you on your loss so far. You are doing great!!

30 lbs in 4 months is an awesome loss. It sounds like the program is working for you. If you are worried about the new program LAWL has rolled out in some areas (if you are in one of those areas), try to give it a chance. It sounds like it has worked really well for quite a few people, and for a few others not so much. You won’t know unless you try it. If you find you go a couple weeks with no loss or an actual gain, you can always ask to be switched back to the old program. Change is not always a bad thing. It is hard for the program to work if you aren’t in the right frame of mind for it…

Try not to lose faith in the program, it does work. Weight loss is part physical, but is part mental as well. Positive thinking goes a long way. I find that when I am depressed, it shows on the scale. They are likely changing the program in hopes of making the program even easier to stick with. A program that is easy to stick with will be that much more effective and easier to maintain.

Melissa, I believe the program we have here is free-to-live. Our booklet has some bigger portion sizes and frozen food/carb cravers in it. I was recently put on the old red plan which has less food choices, no carb cravers, and some smaller portion sizes. With the old plan I am now on, I don’t think I am allowed any frozen dinners or anything…

Becca, you are doing great, and I am sure you will lose the 70 lbs. you have left. Just remind yourself, you can do this. Losing weight isn’t easy, but it is doable. This board has a lot of great information and inspiration. I lurk here often and it is what helps me forge on…
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:55 PM   #6  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Becca - I used 06903 (Stamford, CT)
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:02 PM   #7  
Becca on LAWL

Joni - Thanks - I finally used my FIL's zip code and it took me there. I liked what I saw!!

Patsy - You are so sweet to write such encouraging words to me! I have not lost faith - I merely gained 2 pounds while trying out this "new" program (yes, I'm in one of those areas!!) After being so successful on my purple w/ lites, I decided to embrace the new program & "went for it" - I ended up 2 pounds heavier (while being "POP") and feeling bloated and gross. I think, for me, that having 4 starches but sticking with my 2 proteins was just too much for my particular system. If there is one thing I've learned in my 4 months on the program, it is that each of our bodies will process things differently. For me, the gain was just not worth it. I went in this morning, discussed with my COD, and was promptly put back on the old program (purple w/ lites). I am much, much (much!!!) happier for it and already feel better. But words of encouragement are always appreciated!!!
Melissa - Thanks also for the words of encouragement. My dh is in marketing, so I find I am always looking for the marketing reasons behind this new program or that new bar...We were just recently switched to the new "Feel Full" plan, but both of us have since gone back to the original (color) plan.
Thanks to all for responding!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 04:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

Are you in Central Florida? How did the plan change- (I haven't been in for a week or so). Also does anyone know how Blue plan would change? Thanks!
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #9  
Becca on LAWL

Hi - No, I'm in Northern Florida (Orange Park area). I am not familiar with the Blue Plan, so I'm sorry to say I'm not going to be of much help there. I do know there's a whole thread on the new plan - perhaps you can find some Blue folks there? I do know that not everyone's COD is/has switched over - Hope this helps a little bit!